GSX & AES

Hello,

I just noticed on FSDT'S website that they recently released a program called GSX Ground Services... If I would not know better, I would say the gloves have come off and FSDT has entered into a direct competition with AES...

My question is as follows: AES supports FSDT airports. Now that FSDT has its own ground service program, will FSDT airports still be compatible with AES? If we choose to have the best of both worlds (i.e. have both programs running in FSX), will there be any conflict between both programs? Are these programs designed to compliment each other (I doubt that)?

Thoughts?... Comments?... Answers?....

Thanks!

ps. I am NOT trying to advertise for AES or GSX, I am just trying to get the facts and info...

Thanks!!!!

• Developer

That depends on FSDT. If they supports AES for there airports in future on both plattforms (FS9/FSX), I don't see any reason not to include them, but I don't include there airports only for FS9.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Oliver

I have AES running at all possible airports and enjoy it very much, it seems that GSX is adding service to all airports incl. defaults, but i have not been able to establish facts about if its possible to run the two program together (both here or in FSdreamteams forum), and in that case, witch part will work and wich one will be excluded, Specially the baggage handling is quite nice in GSX, but i doubt they can run together with AES.

I am thankfull for any knowledge about it, like i think, many others.

Take Care

JP

• Developer

I have not been able to get that to work AES makes all the GSX stuff disappear.

That's a function of FSUIPC, not of AES. Please check the FSUIPC Manual, there you find the FSUIPC.INI switch to disable this feature.

That's a function of FSUIPC, not of AES. Please check the FSUIPC Manual, there you find the FSUIPC.INI switch to disable this feature.

Oh alright then, do you know by chance which FSUIPC setting does that?

• Developer

DeleteVehiclesForAES=No

in the [General] Section of the FSUIPC.INI, which you can find below <FSX>\Modules folder.