Overhead push-switch lights stop illuminating...?

Cee-Jaay

Hi there,

I have noticed a nagging problem with AirbusX to do with the overhead switch lights breaking.

I'm not 100% sure where in the startup sequence it occurs - If I start cold and datrk or switch off the engines, then start the batteries, start the apu, I see the blue apu lights, but later when I come to starting the engines I noticed that even through lights on switches on other panels (and all gauges) are OK, the overhead switches no longer illuminate - in either on or off positions, so I can't see which position they are in (which is quite irritating).

I'd be immensely grateful if anyone can help with this.

Many Thanks,

Chris.

Hi Shaun, sorry for the delay responding. I was doing the Flight Tutorial sequence line-by-line.

When I did the lights check as per the procedure in 4.1 (Item 9) it looked fine.

I did another lights check after completing 4.3 FMGS/MCDU Data Insertion and none of the overhead button lights illuminated in that second test.

I guess I should next try a lights check between each item, although there doesn't seem anything relating to power systems in section 4.2

Kind Rgds,

Chris.

btw the a/c was the BA A320 IAE in daytime at (default) Toulouse.

No idea if this will help or not, but update your graphics drivers to the latest version if you haven't already. :) I fly the BA A320 the most and I've never had this issue.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the suggestion there, I d/l some new drivers this week and will give it a go.

It only seems to ocurr if I power down the a/c or start from cold and dark.

cheers,

Chris