Mega Airport CDG and FRA under DX10

aviateur22

good day to you all

i've some trouble to use Mega airport CDG and FRA under DX10 in night

there are no texture loading , every thing is white

i ve not this problem with mega Airport ORY....

i've see in the forum that the best way to solve it is to uncheck DX10 preview in fsx menu

But if i do that my FPS drop completely and i m not able to FLY

i've put some screen shot in copy

hope you can help

tks a lot

cyril

post-30335-0-14544200-1331044272_thumb.p

post-30335-0-44711500-1331044306_thumb.p

Sorry to hear you have problems whit DX9 but as Otto says if it isen´t created for DX10 there is nothing you can do... els than try solve the problem whit DX9 by lowering settings or 1 importan setting is the FPS target if you set it to a FPS your pc can maintain at any time set it to it and it might give you a smoother experince. I know i also whished all airports and so would run DX10 because it runs better an smother, but MS never finished the work, and thats why they caled it pre funktion as there is some side effects when using the DX10 option...

hy again and tks for reply

hope they will make an update and put it compatible with DX10 preview for the night flight

brgds

cyril

I'm not sure why folks ask about a patch to make things compatible with DX-10 as this is a limited Preview Mode and is not the primary DX mode for FSX.

It was buggy and to make it fully DX-10 it would have mean't all previously purchased add-ons would not have worked. So any add-ons prior to SP2 would be useless until reworked then maybe even worse would take ages till they released SDks for DX-10.

The amount of time I have spent trying to inform customers its not a right that products should be made DX-10 compatible.

hy again Shaun

to answer at your question , it's make only 1 week that i turn on DX10 preview mode

what i didn t expect doing that , is to win more than 10 fps, on a Mega Airport like LFPG or EDDF

i think me like other customers are looking for good frame rate to play at FSX

until now , under DX9 with medium setting i've 10-11 fps, now with DX10 preview i can get arround 21 fps with good setting

i don t know if for all computer ,switching under DX10 preview mode have the same result , but what i can say

is to play with 21fps is not the same feeling that to play with 10fps

have a good day

cyril

Hello Cyril,

Its the same here, when I turn on the DX-10 "Preview" mode I experience better frame rates but there are issues then in FSX itself.

Its really buggy and a few other drawbacks as well. But some people get upset when a scenery is not compatible and yet dont complain about the fact the program they now run it is is in itself not working correctly using that mode.

Hypocrisy rules, not okay ;)