Suggestions on next European destination?

KyleD

So I've got a few extra dollars to play around with, and want to expand on my European destinations....running FSX, frames are no large issue, and looking for something I can pull anything from the Katana 4X to an MD-80 or the Airbus X into. Mainly something that is for the best of both worlds, VFR, IFR, and GA and carrier ops (and if there's a helipad it will make it the best of three worlds :D ). What I have so far:

Andras

Innsbruck

Corfu

Gibraltar

Monaco

Nice Cote d' Azur

The scenery selection from Aerosoft has just been skyrocketing and I am lost as to where to go next, I feel like every time I check to see what's going on a new scenery rolls in, so if anyone has any suggestions that stand out and fit the bill it would be much appreciated if you point me in the right direction! Thanks!

Guest cptawsom

Maybe if you told us what you already own, so that we don't suggest things that you already have...

Maybe if you told us what you already own, so that we don't suggest things that you already have...

ummmmmmmmm, read my post again????? Like, a LOT more carefully..............or rather, just look at it? Don't understand how you missed that one.

What I have so far:

Andras

Innsbruck

Corfu

Gibraltar

Monaco

Nice Cote d' Azur

Guest Gonçalo Carvalho

I would say Scenery Madeira X ... the approach is exciting and hard :D You can test your skills on that one ;)

Since you have Nico, Gibraltar, it might be nice to get some more spanish stuff. Perhaps Madrid, barcelona or the Balearic islands. Lisbon is also a nice, albeit outdated scenery (or so I have heard).

Guest Gonçalo Carvalho

Since you have Nico, Gibraltar, it might be nice to get some more spanish stuff. Perhaps Madrid, barcelona or the Balearic islands. Lisbon is also a nice, albeit outdated scenery (or so I have heard).

Benjamin,

We can expect a major update for Mega Airport Lisbon X soon. Please follow the Portuguese forum to know more about this new version. ;)

Follow the link http://forum.aerosof...sboa-x-fs9-fsx/

I really like all the sceneries you have mentioned, but I'm also gonna throw Kraków, Maastricht and Djerba into the mix too. All airports I'm really enjoying at the moment.

And to make the choice even more difficult, you might also want to go for Stavanger or Trondheim. Norway is a very beautiful country with rough terrain and great fjords, so flying there certainly isn't boring.

Love all the suggestions, thanks guys! Northern Europe and Spain are definitely underrepresented in my sim, so I think I will start there with those. Two others that caught my eye while checking out the Spanish, Nordic, and Krakow sceneries are Friedrichshafen and Bornholm. Anyone for a thumbs up on either of those?

Guest cptawsom

ummmmmmmmm, read my post again????? Like, a LOT more carefully..............or rather, just look at it? Don't understand how you missed that one.

Maybe I was sleepy at the time.

Anyway, I'm going to suggest from things that I already have, so that I have a personal opinion. Based on your criteria:

- Trondheim-Vaernes (ENVA)

- Faro (LPFR)

Runways long enough to accomodate a maximum take off weight take off, up to A330-300, and ILS at least on one direction.

(OK, in Trondheim, with special "care" (applying brakes until engines reach 110% or 115% thrust) maybe you could take off with a fully loaded 747, but I haven't tried it)

PS: I also like Stavanger a lot, but that is for the moment by screenshots and videos. I haven't bought it. Yet.

Guest cptawsom

Benjamin,

We can expect a major update for Mega Airport Lisbon X soon. Please follow the Portuguese forum to know more about this new version. ;)

With all due respect, not everybody knows portuguese.

Perhaps this could be transferred to the english-speaking forums, for it may interest more people.

Benjamin,

As cptawsom said, I don'\t know Portuguese, so the Portuguese forum isn't much help to me... Perhaps translations can be provided in the Previews forum?

Anyway, nice to know an update is coming!

Friedrichshafen is a nice regional airport. Not large enough for heavy jets, but certainly capable of handling a 737 or A320.

Bornholm is just small, too small in my opinion. Nice for general aviation, but no more than that.