Maule FLIGHT...

petermcleland

Also that god awful hud everywhere to go, can it even be turned off? :angry:

Yes.

Yeah but no radio and no AP.... and that for $15.

My Katana has no AP either, same as for the Carenado C172. That doesn't make them bad addons. I just don't use them for long-haul flights.

Yes, you can just untick the HUD anytime you like :)

Looking at some of the panel controls it is obvious that radio is coming...I hope that Traffic is coming too.

In fair weather with these aircraft you can set the controls fine enough to break for tea and cakes, but you can't do that in bad weather because of the updrafts and downdrafts. The flight characteristics of the aircraft that I have are just excellent.

Nice shots!

Also starting to find FLIGHT quite a good one. Maybe sometime in the future it will be made possible for addon publishers to develop own products. I don't think the way Microsoft took will work fine for a long time.

• Aerosoft

My Katana has no AP either, same as for the Carenado C172. That doesn't make them bad addons. I just don't use them for long-haul flights.

The real Katana has no AP, the real Cessna 172 (most at least) has no AP. The Maule has, but not in FLIGHT and in my opinion that makes it at least a questional add-on. Without a radio it is almost totally impossible to fly it realistic. Most of the airports in FLIGHT now you could not land without radio contact.

Just imagine what would happen if we would try to sell the Maule as it is now in FLIGHT as an add-on for FSX. With non functional radios, a non functional AP, no manual, very limited paints and models. We would be slaughtered on the forums. But because this is for FLIGHT people accept all that. Now that surprises me.

• Aerosoft

But a flight- model that produces drag when you open the door inflight.... ;)

In the Maule it is near impossible to open the door (you would need to be rather strong).

In the ICON the door is locked in flight, cannot be opened, just as in many modern cars.

The Boeing does not have doors.

You were saying?

In the Maule it is near impossible to open the door (you would need to be rather strong).

In the ICON the door is locked in flight, cannot be opened, just as in many modern cars.

The Boeing does not have doors.

You were saying?

In flight you will not be able to open the doors in the Maule unless you are in a stall. They are too big and too close to the prop. I think they would break before they could be fully opened. Everybody who ever sat in a Maule will know that. Think it would be easy to add something like that to an FSX aircraft, most of the new Aerosoft aircraft have the sound effects when you open windows so the event it detected. But doing so would be silly and stupid.

I like FLIGHT. It's a great game. My kids like it a lot. And if you excuse me I am off to Barcelona in my 737.

• Upvote 1