US Cities X - LA (topic closed, product released)

Sasa

I took some extra shoots around the city.

Great shots, thanks Kai!

In addition to that it should be worth mentioning that the final product will come with a scenery density tool as most other US Cities. This tool will let you replace custom minor 3D buildings that you'll barely see from an airliner by autogen objects. From a 737 point of view the city will still look very much like shown on Kai's screenshots but the performance will be even better.

Bests,

Sascha

Thanks Kai,

could you post your system specs, so we can see and guess how it could run on our's ?

Greetings

Hi, I already posted them in post 118, I think I will update my signature ;-)

uups sry, my bad ;) didn't look through the previous pages... it's quite equivilant to mine, except for the oc'ed CPU and the GPU, thanks man!

System Specs: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K 4x4.2GHz | Gainward GTX570 Phatom | Corsair XMS3 2x4GB RAM | Samsung 830 64GB SSD | Seagater Barracuda 1TB | ASUS VS248H FullHD | Noctua NH-D14 CPU-Cooler

Hello, I have only just joined to forum after noticing last night you are developing this awesome looking scenery.

I will be ready and waiting when it is a released, I am Los Angeles resident (British but live in LA) and frequently fly over the City and a keen photographer, so should you need any hi resolution reference photos I would be more than happy to supply them.

Once again fantastic looking scenery, I am looking forward to it.

Best,

Sketchy.

I will be ready and waiting when it is a released, I am Los Angeles resident (British but live in LA) and frequently fly over the City and a keen photographer, so should you need any hi resolution reference photos I would be more than happy to supply them.

Hi Sketchy,

Thank you very much for the offer. It's a bit too late for that now because we are in the final stages of development. But in case we need anything I will come back to you.

I'm sure you will like the final product as much as the screenshots! :)

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

Some time ago there was talks about a Van Nuys airport scenery from Aerosoft. If this happends can we assume it will be compatible with the Aerosoft US Cities L.A It kind of would make it bit sense with such compatibility coming from the same company :-)

Mikael

Can't wait for this to come out! I still need to pick up Detroit and a few of the other ones. However in my opinion these are some of the best sceneries avaialable for FSX for the price. Hopefully some day you guys get around to doing my hometown (North Augusta, SC/Augusta, GA). Look forward to seeing what the future holds for this product line though.

• Aerosoft

Some time ago there was talks about a Van Nuys airport scenery from Aerosoft. If this happends can we assume it will be compatible with the Aerosoft US Cities L.A It kind of would make it bit sense with such compatibility coming from the same company :-)

Mikael

Yes, but that project is not moving very fast.

Thanks for the reply. Overall I guess it would be good business sense to make addon airport for areas you make landscape for, much the same way Orbx does so successfully with their landscape titles.

Apparently some freeware designer team is now working on a high detail VNY so perhaps there are better alternatives: Santa Ana and Long Beach comes to mind.

Mike

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the reply. Overall I guess it would be good business sense to make addon airport for areas you make landscape for, much the same way Orbx does so successfully with their landscape titles.

Apparently some freeware designer team is now working on a high detail VNY so perhaps there are better alternatives: Santa Ana and Long Beach comes to mind.

Mike

Mike, there was quite the thread started by Mathijs with a poll between Van Nuys and Courchevel. There was also quite the energy and passion by the posters. Van Nuys won, and there was plenty of good (and bad) rationale presented for each airport. It stands to reason that if KVNY is not moving very fast, any replacement won't move any faster.

I really doubt that Aerosoft wants to reopen the debate about which airport to develop next.

I think there would be demand for a San Diego addon, with SD and LA together you are covering some of the best of SoCal. San Diego has some beautiful scenery and in my opinion the approach to Lindbergh is one of the best!!

With The L.A addon around the corner I wonder a little about FPS. I generally fly low and slow GA, typiclly Carenado addons, with no additional LAX airport scenery. What can I expect in terms of FPS around say Santa Monica or Long Beach (away from LA downtown) on a lower to half decent system:

512MB video

4Gb RAM

i5 procesor 2nd gen

7200 rpm HD

Acceptable frames is a go or no go for me here purchasing US Cities LA

Another one: What resolution is used for the photoscenery. Same 1m as the Megascnery title. If so wonderful! :-)

Between 1ft/0.3m and 1m

Bests,

Sascha

Here's a first screenshot of Catalina Airport in final status including a sloped runway.

The sounds of that *almost* makes me want to go back and visit La-la land.

Is Catalina the only island done in the project or will any of the others be included?

I flew commercial today from San Diego to San Francisco, and Catalina was directly next to me with a clear view of it all. The scenery you created looks so much like the real thing!! Great work, I can't wait to see it myself instead of screenshots. Maybe someday you could do San Diego & Santa Barbara :-)

• 2 weeks later...
any info regarding the delay appreciated

Nick is currently taking the prod page screenshots, Mathijs doing the manual and some other stuff required before release. The final scenery will be delivered to Aerosoft tomorrow so that they can start doing the installer. I'm sure Nick will post some of his screens here once he has them done and Mathijs will give you more info on the release date by the beginning of next week.

Bests,

Sascha