US Cities X - LA (topic closed, product released)

Sasa

That is a beautiful rendition of the Isthmus cove, my preferred docking spot. Thanks for making it. As for the airport, I landed a 172 there 20 years ago when I had less than 100 hours under my belt. My hands are still shaking from the experience. I will definitely buy this add-on. Thank you. :)

I don't know if this is possible to model in FSX, but Catalina has a very pronounced hump in the middle of the runway that prevents you from seeing the other end. I experienced it once when landing a C-172 at Catalina airport. Flying lore has has it that more than one pilot has had an interesting time when they were fooled into thinking that the runway ended before it really did. If you do a google search for "catalina airport" and "hump," there are several pages that refer to optical illusion. Mike Gutierrez

• Aerosoft

I don't know if this is possible to model in FSX, but Catalina has a very pronounced hump in the middle of the runway that prevents you from seeing the other end. I experienced it once when landing a C-172 at Catalina airport. Flying lore has has it that more than one pilot has had an interesting time when they were fooled into thinking that the runway ended before it really did. If you do a google search for "catalina airport" and "hump," there are several pages that refer to optical illusion. Mike Gutierrez

Sascha said that he was considering it. But you know that non flat runways are a bit of an issue in FSX, it rules out any AI Traffic for example.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone tested this scenery with the PMDG NGX and another scenery developer's LAX? How was the performance?

Thanks,

James

I have FSDT KLAX running also and it fits very good into the scenery. I can check together with the NGX later.

OK, me again. I tested FSDT's KLAX together with the NGX enabled and the frames are still good flyable (also with traffic). On my system I have between 17 and 25 fps with lighter aircrafts around the city, With the NGX I get around 15 to 20 fps over the city and KLAX, ONly by approaching the skyscrapers, the frames go down a bit by passing at low altitude, So, this seems really nice.

OK, me again. I tested FSDT's KLAX together with the NGX enabled and the frames are still good flyable (also with traffic). On my system I have between 17 and 25 fps with lighter aircrafts around the city, With the NGX I get around 15 to 20 fps over the city and KLAX, ONly by approaching the skyscrapers, the frames go down a bit by passing at low altitude, So, this seems really nice.

Could you tell us you computer spec?

Could you tell us you computer spec?

Of course, in short I use a I5 @ 3.8 Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1GB 5770 Ati card, Win 7 64 bit. So nothing spectacular. Also using Ultimate traffic 2, REX Essential (with 1024 textures).

I think this is a matter to find the correct FSX values to get fluid fps and to lower some details if approaching with a high end aircraft. I think Sascha did some great work in perfomance optimization.

I think those FPS are a bit optimistic with the new scenery, FSDT KLAX and the NGX loaded.... but I have no problem being proven wrong. :P

That shot above showing downtown in the distance looks just as how I know "LAw-CAw". I think I can even see the smog! I have never bought a photoreal product without night textures but this may be the first as it looks so good. Impressed you went as far out to include Catalina. Will have to fly out there to see if you included the Bison (Buffalo) out there, ha!

Good luck with this upcoming release,

Clutch

I think those FPS are a bit optimistic with the new scenery, FSDT KLAX and the NGX loaded.... but I have no problem being proven wrong. :P

That shot above showing downtown in the distance looks just as how I know "LAw-CAw". I think I can even see the smog! I have never bought a photoreal product without night textures but this may be the first as it looks so good. Impressed you went as far out to include Catalina. Will have to fly out there to see if you included the Bison (Buffalo) out there, ha!

Good luck with this upcoming release,

Clutch

Hi Clutch!

Yes, it's big fun flying in and out of the city an so much to explore. I flew some extra rounds for you with the NGX. I don't say there are no stutters with all turned on, but in my opinion it runs pretty smooth with all those details. I took some extra shoots around the city.

The screens are together with FSDT's KLAX & the NGX

lgir00360.jpg

lgir00365.jpg

lgir00373.jpg

lgir00374.jpg

lgir00388.jpg

lgir00391.jpg

PS: Didn't found the Bison's yet, but I will have an eye for them <_<