US Cities X - LA (topic closed, product released)

Sasa

• 2 weeks later...

A bunch of new screenshots featuring the United States' largest and busiest rooftop helipad: LAPD's Hooper Heliport!

Those who still remember the "Blue Thunder" movie and series from the 80ies might recognize it as "Astro Base". Lots of scenes were filmed around here.

The final version will see traffic on the highways of course. Talking about the final version: With all the detail we go into we won't be able to keep a release day within June. Betatesting will start after all downtown helipads are done (which will bring you another nice set of screenies :))

LosAngeles_22.jpg

LosAngeles_23.jpg

LosAngeles_24.jpg

LosAngeles_25.jpg

LosAngeles_26.jpg

LosAngeles_27.jpg

LosAngeles_28.jpg

LosAngeles_29.jpg

If you fly in this area at night, will it be dark or will you just see default night textures?

Amazing, how many times one and the same question can be asked and answered in the same thread, lol. Just check a few posts above.

Amazing, how many times one and the same question can be asked and answered in the same thread, lol. Just check a few posts above.

It's not in this thread, it's answered with a link to another thread, and it's somewhere within that thread so I have to look there. It's not really an issue to look for the answer, but sometimes it's stuck in a post with a lot of information, or between the lines, what's the problem with quickly answering it again? If you know the answer it's not hard for you to just repeat it, instead of wasting the same amount of time getting upset about this and telling someone to go look through the thread. I did not find the answer straight away, or might have overlooked it. I found it now though.

For anyone else asking the same question: The scenery will be dark at night.

I was looking at post 45, which includes a link but I did not realize it was the same thread because it opened in a new window. I guess it was this same thread. It would have still been easy for you to answer.

YOU SHOULD ALL GIVE A BIG PAT ON THE BACK TO SASHA

I live in Los Angeles, and I took some pictures of the LAPD heliport for help Sasha, and he did one hell of job capturing the look and feel of the area. I just cannot believe the amount of detail he was able to capture for such a complex area with a lot of intersecting roads, rail lines, and buildings. Way to go my man.

Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

This scenery looks spot on! I live in Los Angeles (in the hollywood hills and also right next to the childrens hospital) and from my houses, I get an amazing view of the city from many angles. you've recreated the city perfectly, down to every car on the Metrolink! Really nice job aerosoft!

Here's what you don't want to see in your rearview mirror !

Cool! I really like this new police car paint scheme. About half of the fleet seems to be still in the old silver/blue paint scheme but if I understood that right they will all be repainted in the new one sooner or later.

@ Sasa ,

When I was searching for photo's of A350's I came across several in the old colourscheme . At the moment thete are two as black and whites namely N662PD ( as seen above ) and N913WB which I also painted but in pre-delivery " paintscheme " .

At the time of painting I didn't even know the scenery was being made but when I wanted to show shots as a " work in progress " the LAPD helipad wasn't available in FS X .

I did come across seveal films on You Tube with flights to and from the helipad ( already mentioned in the topic , I think ) but the LAPD is only a small portion of the scenery .

John

Personally, the LAPD choppers are just downright annoying. I've lost count of the number of times that one of their helicopters have stirred me from a sound sleep in the middle of the night while they circle at low altitude looking for someone. Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

Yes, fighting crime and helping to keep people safe is soooo annoying. Perhaps you complain when Mercy Air or LA County Fire or LA City Fire fly over too?

• Upvote 4

I think I missed how the tea party is relevant here, do they still exist? I have to say after living in West Hollywood, North Hollywood and various parts of LA, I quickly got used to the LAPD chopper sounds as well as traffic and all the noise that come with living in a big city. I'm happily in San Diego now and it's generally more quiet but we get a lot of military aircraft afterburner sound while they're taking off from Coronado Island. Again, got used to it fast and don't even notice it anymore.

Excellent work Sasa, I've been watching this forum since it opened waiting for the release, totally excited!!

It's really a repeat of something that has been said over and over again, but if we added night textures to these products they would not sell enough to be commercially possible. Development costs would simply be too high. So it is like it is or it is nothing.

Sorry to be one to continue pushing this issue but have you guys considered a crowdfunding approach to night lighting in your US Cities projects? Unfortunately Kickstarter is not available to you guys over in Europe (altho I hear the UK will be onboard soon) but if there is a similar escrow service you can use the idea is simple - get people to pre-pay for the night time environment development. I don't mean have people pledge money and tell you "when this is released I will buy it" but actually pay now for the eventual scenery update. I personally feel Aerosoft is a dependable enough publisher to trust such a prepay, although this opinion will vary. Anyways when enough people pre-pay to cover development costs you guys only then have to dedicate the time to update the product - which I understand is an entirely seperate issue. Like Kickstarter, if the funding isn't reached within X amount of days the monies are returned. One way, I think, to ultimately determine if the demand is there...

• 3 weeks later...

Two new screenshots featuring Catalina Island with autogen. This city will have many more autogen objects than any other US Cities package before.

LosAngeles_30.jpg

LosAngeles_31.jpg

• Upvote 3

Any image of Catalina airport (Airport in the Sky) already? That has always been one of my favorite airports.

There's one in the very first post of this thread (without autogen at that time).

Actually I'm still considering to do the runway sloped there but that will be a last minute decision.

Bests,

Sascha