Private Owner Cactus Air Force Bronco X **REAL**

ddeuce

Thanks for the link. The Cactus Airforce uh? I don't get out much; being down here in Al - er - bamer and all.

You are fine FlameOut, This bird will be at your Birmingham airshow this fall... I understand the don't get out much.... DAMMIT.. I love your avatar, reminds me of the baseball cards of the sixties.... ABSOLUTELY GORGIOUS

Sorry not to have replied, elderly family health issues.

I knew there were several restoration type air forces, Commemorative, Confederate, Planes of Fame, and the like. I had just never heard of the Cactus Air force.

Here we only have air shows about every other year or so.

Thanks for the mention of the avatar I use; yes it is old "Freddy Flame Out". The popular 1960's plastic model kit created by Bill Campbell the original designer of the Hawk Model Kits ....the “Weird-Ohs”.

I do not have the proper avatar "size"..it is chopped off fore & aft. I'll have to work on that.

Here is a link to a model site where you can read about Mr. Campbell :

http://www.oldmodelkits.com/blog/plastic-model-kit-history/a-biography-of-bill-campbell-box-artist-for-hawk-plastic-model-kits/