Frankfurt-Hahn released for FSX

• Aerosoft

We just added Frankfurt Hahn to the download shop. This Aerosoft internal development (by Peter Werlitz, his name is not mentioned enough) features this medium sized airport in stunning detail and with great precision. It is best described with some images. Note this scenery requires online activation and it uses our new system where the activation is done while installing and no additional steps are needed. The Launcher is, while advised for comfort, an optional install feature.

You will find the product pages here.

frankfurt-hahnx_16.jpg

frankfurt-hahnx_2.jpg

frankfurt-hahnx_13.jpg

frankfurt-hahnx_4.jpg

Hi,

I just bought Frankfurt-Hahn and installed it - I must say this is without a doubt Aerosoft's( Peter Werlitz's) masterpiece!!!!

Absolutely exquisite!!!!

Anybody out there who still are not sure whether to buy it - believe me you won't be dissapointed!

Keep up the good work

boerseun

• Upvote 1

Will this airport also be available as a boxed product or will it remain download-only? If it's going to be boxed I'll wait for the boxed version, otherwise there's no need to wait.

Decided to get this scenery because I bought my last addon a few weeks ago and the price seemed very good.

I'm really impressed. The quality of the scenery is amazing, especially the runway and grass textures. In my opinion the 2D grass textures you used here look more realistic than 3D grass.

I also like the surrounding scenery. Other airport addons only cover the airport area, but in this one it's amazing, at least 2km surrounding perfect scenery.

Only point for me is how the airport is integrated in the default scenery. streets and roads fit well, but sometimes forest ends up in the midle of a field, or there is a green field ending in a yellow field. It sounds stupid, but it just doesn't look very good.

All in all, a very nice scenery for a very good price. Installation was quick, easy and fine, but that's what it was before, too ;)

I'd like to say very nice looking scenery. Especially the textures an buildings are really nice.

But some mistakes I found taxiing all over the airport:

Taxyway designators in taxyway signs not corresponding to the airport charts (EUROCONTROL, the linked VATSIM charts or Navigraph Charts). If you don't know which designator belongs to which taxiway please refer to the during the installation in the start folder linked Charts.

e.g.

A3 should be E

A2 should be D

A1 should be C

STOP1 is on taxiway A instead of C

C2 should be B2

C1 should be B1

STOP2 is missing (on the airport but on the wrong position)

the position where the wrong STOP2 is actually standing is a CAT II/II holding point on taxiway E

A4 should be F

B1 should be G

and the CAT II/III holding Point on F you named STOP1

B should be M

all in one -> nearly every sign is showing wrong designators and holding points.

The next point is, that there are still blast fences standing in the wrong direction on Apron 3. Meant are the two ones in front of the Terminal.

I'm really sorry to find so many mistakes in this scenery and hope they will be fixed soon. You leave a disappointed customer. Do the best to change my mind.

best regards

• Upvote 2

I'd like to say very nice looking scenery. Especially the textures an buildings are really nice.

But some mistakes I found taxiing all over the airport:

Taxyway designators in taxyway signs not corresponding to the airport charts (EUROCONTROL, the linked VATSIM charts or Navigraph Charts). If you don't know which designator belongs to which taxiway please refer to the during the installation in the start folder linked Charts.

e.g.

A2 should be D

A1 should be C

STOP1 is on taxiway A instead of C

C2 should be B2

C1 should be B1

STOP2 is missing (on the airport but on the wrong position)

the position where the wrong STOP2 is actually standing is a CAT II/II holding point on taxiway E

A4 should be F

B1 should be G

and the CAT II/III holding Point on F you named STOP1

B should be M

all in one -> nearly every sign is showing wrong designators and holding points.

The next point is, that there are still blast fences standing in the wrong direction on Apron 3. Meant are the two ones in front of the Terminal.

I'm really sorry to find so many mistakes in this scenery and hope they will be fixed soon. You leave a disappointed customer. Do the best to change my mind.

best regards

Hi,

what I found on his sceneries is that there are default taxiway signs, placed with an afd tool. Is it here the same? Or custom made taxiway signs?

Best regards,

Axel

Hi,

what I found on his sceneries is that there are default taxiway signs, placed with an afd tool. Is it here the same? Or custom made taxiway signs?

Best regards,

Axel

I think they are costum made, they have more detail than the default ones. Not 100% sure.

I think they are costum made, they have more detail than the default ones. Not 100% sure.

Yeah, I think I could recognize one sign on one of the pictures posted on the product page. Hopefully the developer keeps going on with such details :) also for the FS9 version. In my opinion especially in those details should be taken care about :)

Aivlasoft EFB is not reading the airport correctly as well. All parkings, taxiways are not correct with the charts in the EFB.

QUESTION:

The grass quality on the left and on the right side of the runway is very different. See the screenshots.

post-43568-0-86562600-1330809303_thumb.j

Is this normal? My settings are on max.

QUESTION:

The grass quality on the left and on the right side of the runway is very different. See the screenshots.

post-43568-0-86562600-1330809303_thumb.j

Is this normal? My settings are on max.

Maybe it is meant to appear as it is as the grass on one side may not be so patchy.

Will this airport also be available as a boxed product or will it remain download-only? If it's going to be boxed I'll wait for the boxed version, otherwise there's no need to wait.

Can anyone answer my question please.

stunning detail and with great precision.

Still waiting for the correction of all the wrong taxiway signs. Is there any hope to get the above mentioned precision in the near future?

By the way, I think there are signs missing on the holding point of taxyway D. In Google Earth there seem to be some. Perhaps you can check with your aerial photos of the airport.

• Upvote 1

Still waiting for the correction of all the wrong taxiway signs. Is there any hope to get the above mentioned precision in the near future? By the way, I think there are signs missing on the holding point of taxyway D. In Google Earth there seem to be some. Perhaps you can check with your aerial photos of the airport.

Let me try to find out what source the devs got for there scenery.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

A reply from Peter below.

I answer to the problems as follows:

> Taxyway designators in taxyway signs not corresponding ...

ANSWER: Taxiway the designations in the "AFD" agree with the Charts.

> A3 should be E

> A2 should be D

> A1 should be C

> STOP1 is on taxiway A instead of C

> C2 should be B2

> C1 should be B1

> STOP2 is missing (on the airport but on the wrong position)

> the position where the wrong STOP2 is actually standing is a CAT II/II holding point on taxiway E

> A4 should be F

> B1 should be G

> and the CAT II/III holding Point on F you named STOP1

> B should be M

> all in one -> nearly every sign is showing wrong designators and holding points.

ANSWER: That's right! I knows, but for the moment I cannot change the taxyway signs!!! This to change is much work, but I will consider it for the next UPDATE! That did not see the developer Alex Logan correctly.

> The next point is, that there are still blast fences standing in the wrong direction on Apron 3. Meant are the two ones in front of the Terminal.

ANSWER: The fences don't stand the wrong direction, them stand correctly! ;-)