Amsterdam Schiphol for X-Plane 10 (product released, topic closed)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pretty awesome! :D What about the base texture for the airport? It appear fairly low-res. Is that an X Plane limitation?

He said earlier in the thread that it is the exact same base as the FSX version. On a bright note lookn fwd to flying the trp7 in there with KLM liv. :)

I'm still in awe of all the night lighting effects from Xplane. Ive get every addon you can think of to try and get Prepar3d with the same amount of imaging "wowness" but only get about 30% of the way there.

It's my understanding this project was worked from the ground up with no real porting as an exercise in to XPlane development – just wondering what the feedback has been. Are we going to see FSX/Prepar3d/XPlane all in one releases start to become the norm?

I'm using a couple of sims right now, and very happy Aerosoft is supporting all of them

Hi Mathijs,

do you know if this scenery will be affected by the x-plane rendering setting for airport detail?

I couldn't see any effect of it on the current aerosoft payware airports, looks all the same to me, no matter if normal, high or extreme setting.

With this level of detail in Schiphol one might need this adjustement to save some FPS.

Thanks

Flo

PS: On the other hand I heard that developers have numberous possibilities to keep FPS hit of airports small - and except with the rather small Lugano scenery (think somethings weird is going on there) I don't experience serious FPS-drops with the aerosoft sceneries so far.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

do you know if this scenery will be affected by the x-plane rendering setting for airport detail?

I couldn't see any effect of it on the current aerosoft payware airports, looks all the same to me, no matter if normal, high or extreme setting.

With this level of detail in Schiphol one might need this adjustement to save some FPS.

Thanks

Flo

PS: On the other hand I heard that developers have numberous possibilities to keep FPS hit of airports small - and except with the rather small Lugano scenery (think somethings weird is going on there) I don't experience serious FPS-drops with the aerosoft sceneries so far.

I am not sure about that but will ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Software release dates are always an approximation. No one is exempt, not the bigs or the little developers.

As for constantly updating release info, most developers prefer to spend time fixing the code, rather than checking forums like this to see what folks are asking. Also, Mathijs is out of pocket for a few days and even as project coordinator, he's not alwaays able to provide updates on a schedule to suit all.

Bottom line, just be patient, like we all have to do when waiting for the next anticipated product.

Archived