INFO share configuration only

ddeuce

OK guys lets start posting our changes that improve the functionality of the Bronco X, this information does not suggest you make the changes, it only tells you changes you COULD make to make the bird a little more livable. My first info share will be the fuel (onboard only). The Bronco had 5 resealable fuel bags in-line and all were the same size, to make replacement bags easier, they each had the same gallon capacity of 51 Gallons, of which .60 gallons was deemed unusable, so IF you had 5 bags @51Gals each, you had on board capacity for 255 gallons minus unusable which was 3.0 to make the bottom line 252.00 gallons. leftmain = -1.0, -8.0, -1.1, 51.00,0.60

rightmain = -1.0, 8.0, -1.1, 51.00,0.60

lefttip = -1.0, -13.5, -1.1, 51.00, 0.60

righttip = -1.0, 13.5, -1.1, 51.00, 0.60

center1 = -1.0, 0.0, -1.1, 51.00, 0.60

Ddeuce...

Where do You have those numbers from ?

I´m sitting here with the origianl USAF Bronco manual with these figures:

Wingoutboard (2)= 80 gallons (77 usable)

Winginboard (2) = 138 gallons (135 usable)

Centerfeed (1) = 40 gallons (40 usable)

Total = 258 gallons (252 gallons)

The default values in Bronco X 1.11:

Wingoutboard (L/R Wingtiptanks) = 37.65+37.65 = 75.3 gallons usable

Winginboard (L/R Mainwingtanks) = 67.25+67.25 = 134.5 gallons usable

Centerfeed (Center1) = 37.10 gallons usable

Total = 246.9 gallons usable

The difference between our FSX figures and the those from the manual stems from the fuel weight conversion, since JP 4 is not available in FSX.

Finn

Ddeuce...

Where do You have those numbers from ?

I´m sitting here with the origianl USAF Bronco manual with these figures:

Wingoutboard (2)= 80 gallons (77 usable)

Winginboard (2) = 138 gallons (135 usable)

Centerfeed (1) = 40 gallons (40 usable)

Total = 258 gallons (252 gallons)

The default values in Bronco X 1.11:

Wingoutboard (L/R Wingtiptanks) = 37.65+37.65 = 75.3 gallons usable

Winginboard (L/R Mainwingtanks) = 67.25+67.25 = 134.5 gallons usable

Centerfeed (Center1) = 37.10 gallons usable

Total = 246.9 gallons usable

The difference between our FSX figures and the those from the manual stems from the fuel weight conversion, since JP 4 is not available in FSX.

Finn

I get my figures from 24.7 years of military service, and have been in around, and through this bird, it is information readily available from NATOPS manuels, USMC/USAF/USN.... what FSX gives you, and what YOU give FSX are totally different, but one is real figures, such as atomic weights 6.7 ppg. These are items that are not changed, unless the chemical content are modified. Their are many items in realty that have not been covered with the BroncoX i.e. aoa/aoa index, or NO AP, all formation lights (red), and on and on, this post is not a hit upon what you have done with the model, it is just a post to give a more real situation to the flight model.. I do not know what you are reading, but untill you have removed 1 or all bags personally, will you know reason upon reason. Their were 5 CopCaps (fuel bag access holes) on top of the wing with 14 7/16 capnuts, when removed, you removed the seal, and captor ring, then you would pull the bag out while removing air (folding as a balloon would fold) replacement of the new bag was opposite of removing, with the exception of using a bicycle pump to inflate the new bag into place. You have to understand the books were called liars, because basically nothing was the truth with the exception of the wood they were made from, STILL TRUE TODAY. Their were approximately 400 birds OV-10A manufactured, of which the American Military received about 250 of, another 100 were exported, where did the other 50 go ?, after The Bronco became obsolete to our military 85 % were sold on the used market, of which 25% of those have found their way home to the USA, I would belittle my education math more precisely, if I said the numbers all added up, they do not...... by all manner of things do a little more research than reading the book...... The NASA 524 bird has 1 ONE single presurized 300 gallon fuel cell, known as the waterbed, The DEA birds of south florida fame, carried 300 gallon centerline drop tanks......... Their are so many small yet indirect items known for the Bronco, but not advertised. did you know the biggest mechanical weakness of the Bronco was the hydraulics, the oil cell was too small, as was the pump (mounted on the starboard cargo wall), thank god for mechanical backup. Did you know many pilots did not know wether they would survive an ejection from a Bronco due to an immediate frame above their heads (when rocket fired, a can-opener style piece of steel would peal you from the cockpit). I can keep going, just like the little eveready bunny............ I am just cooperatively sharing my knowledge OF this bird, perhaps just in the sake of easing my conscience a little over the horrors I have had a hand in, in my life, you asked me about onboard weps when you were doing the CAS bird, now that you have had time to think about it, and reading that book you have, I am confident you know, you could have created 100 different model loadouts.. John

If you want your bird recognised by ATC services, then modify your configuration to the following [General]

atc_type = ROCKWELL

atc_model = OV-10

performance =

category = airplane

If you want the extreme side of the handling characteristics (speed increase to factory 250kts sea level) change your torque settings to: maximum_torque = 3000 as I have stated in a previous post, it may NOT be correct for the bird, but it is to correct flaws within FSX. i.e. In the configurattion file, it is said the Bronco has no defeathering accumulators available = 0, whereinas in reality, THEY DO ! strange is it not ? This information is just that "INFORMATION" what you choose to use it for well it is your business, DO NOT attempt modification of your configuration files, unless 1. you have it backed-up, 2. You know what you are doing.