FSX Jetways hijacked by Aerosoft/AES

Stankelben

Guest GoncaloCarvalhoPT

It is the uncomfortable topics that make most sense and are the most fun to attend to. It started out with a post that I really could not agree with (mostly because of the tone and the intonation) but after that it went uphill. But it is a strange topic. Let me try to make my point one more time to show why I think it is a bit silly.

Some posters in this topic buy this:

post-43-0-30451500-1330448918_thumb.jpg

But they prefer this jetway (same location):

post-43-0-72906000-1330448914_thumb.jpg

So it can do this (and again I had to giggle at the ridiculous jerky animation and the way it looks like it is eating the aircraft):

post-43-0-51669300-1330448916_thumb.jpg

Not a perfect parking job but still, think it makes my point.

Good point of view Mathijs, as always ;)

Nice one. I'm sure that you will find even more ridiculing examples of really bad default jetways and nice to look at static addon ones. However, could you add some shots from the devs which actually allow tweaked default jetways to work, without extra costs involved? Would make sense, not?

I mean, that's what we were talking about, the will and, then, the skill. :)

• Developer

Nice one. I'm sure that you will find even more ridiculing examples of really bad default jetways and nice to look at static addon ones. However, could you add some shots from the devs which actually allow tweaked default jetways to work, without extra costs involved? Would make sense, not?

I mean, that's what we were talking about, the will and, then, the skill. :)

I will show you that tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

Herman! some how you managed to misunderstand the subject in any possible way!

Try and read again..

I'm referring to locked jetways at Aerosoft airports only!

I know all too well about <Ctrl> + <J> which works fine in any airport - except at Aerosofts airports if you refuse to buy AES "credits", and that is exactly my point here!

Totally rip off for Aerosoft customers who already has payed loads of money for Aerosofts airports!

Stankelben, how you managed to misunderstand my reply is even harder for me to understand. I attempted to provide what I thought was helpful information. If you were asking why add-on airports published by Aerosoft do not have working jetways, that's far from clear in your original post. If you were, then you're quite right that I misunderstood your message.

A response simply could be, "No Herman, I was talking about non-default or add-on airports." Not insulting me.

Frankly, it never occured to me you were talking about "disabled jetways" (my phrase) in add-on airports because AES has nothing to do with that decision. If that's your concern, is it not more appropriate to ask those scenery designers? If so, I suggest respectfully that this is the wrong forum. The better choice seems to me to be the scenery or mega airports forum.

I misunderstood you say, and you misunderstood, I say. Fair enough. Water under the bridge.

• Upvote 1

• Developer

However, could you add some shots from the devs which actually allow tweaked default jetways to work, without extra costs involved?

Here some Examples, showing the issues you will still have, even when you customize the model of the Jetways:

1.) Simwings Mallorca X:

post-77-0-95388100-1330507760_thumb.jpg

As you can see, the Jetway is not connecting correct, same as the default jetways of MS. The Gear will be gone in ground and to animate the stair the bone is missing. The model also could not have all the details it has in real (and AES).

2.) Simwings Menorca X:

post-77-0-02014800-1330507902_thumb.jpg

Same issue here, jetway is not connecting correct. And, what could not be shown on a photo, the funny way he move in this position, very realistic.

Hier you can see, what happens, when the Jetway is to short to reach the aircraft:

post-77-0-77521800-1330508062_thumb.jpg

3.) Simwings Paris CDG:

post-77-0-98283300-1330508093_thumb.jpg

Based on the limits of only one animated jetway/Gate, there is no option to have the secondary jetway operational.

post-77-0-28936200-1330508170_thumb.jpg

And when the jetway is not the "standard" Type, nothing will happen.

post-77-0-23564800-1330508212_thumb.jpg

And we don't need to talk about the extrem situations.

The FSX Jetwayanimation is a nice Gimmic for kids, but is far a way from a well implemented feature, the must be used. And based on the request of the most Users, to be as much as detailed, specially around the gates, to have max resolution on textures, all details with high poly resolution, the limit's given by the jetwayanimation are contra productive to fullfill the expectations of the most customers.

• Upvote 3

I see, it's all about the quality and dedication to people's demands and wishes, not about the money by selling AES credits because Aerosoft published airports come with static jetways by design, losing a default FSX feature (with a few exceptions on older releases of course, to be fair). I didn't know that.

But may we assume that current and future Aerosoft published airports coming with that default jetway feature would spoil the sales of AES credits, right? Just asking.

As said, I don't act surprised if the guy selling his credit system and the spokesman of the publisher looking for the most ridiculing exceptions to show that their work is superior to the one from MS, from 2006. Well, it is and should be for the money involved, but that's not the point.

That 2006 work and basis comes for free at other devs and, as shown, some customers of Aerosoft would like to have a choice that differs from get static and less than default or get more than you wanted for e. g. 7.50 Euros extra.

Do we have to post FSDT screenshots now to show that the free feature is working fine and may suffice the needs of the folks just looking for moving jetways? Open question. The ones running the A380 and / or looking for special services can still buy AES, that's a true choice. Not that rhetorical setup from some previous posts.

So there is room for the AES business model, convincing people by the raised quality of animations, services and features alone. Nothing to fear for the dev relying on the sales of AES credits, not?

Some people, being Aerosoft customers, stated that wish and their arguments for a true choice and I'm pretty sure that you folks did get that, Mr. Pabst, hence the resistance. It's just how you handle the issue that amazes me. But there's always something to learn of course, me hopes for both sides. :)

• Upvote 3

Mathijs, I would like to apologize if I mistakenly blamed Aerosoft for something that the company has no responsibility for or for me being a bit provocative maybe - as most often, however, this is the way that good and interesting debates usually get fired up! :)

Could be that this topic actually would be better suited on another forum level, and not within the AES support forum itself!

On the other hand...

Mis.jpg

Nevertheless, throughout this thread I think we've seen many different views on this subject - mostly reasonable from each point of view.

Personally, however, I find that CoolP exactly represents my point of view and that he successfully manage to hold on to what was my actual intention with this post from the start....as things tends to water down a bit here.

To clarify just one more thing here regarding to responsibilities, Mathijs, who is responsible for the credit system?

• Upvote 2