Addon for Antartica X: Marble Point Refuel base and McMurdo suroundings

etien

This is an addon for Lime Sim / Aerosoft Antartica X. It adds highlights elements around McMurdo.

(1) Marble Point Refuel base (2) remains of Vanda base (3) wreck of the pegasus (4) Scott Hut (5) Schackelton Hut.

The glacier just above Marble point is "landable" in reality and is a nice half way between McMurdo and MarioZuchelli. A Kmz map is provided

Beware in real life passangers are saying that "Marble Point" becomes visible only just you are right on top of it, in FSX this is almost the same because of the marble floor it is sitting on.

Credits: Marble Point and Vanda are orginals, the pegasus is a transformation of the Constellation of 707 (3D warehouse), the two huts are just convertion of the work of pmolsen (3D warehouse), some filler objects from the Antartica X libraries (sascha).

Etienne. evarloot@free.fr

(Other good addons if you missed them: my MarioZuchelli and Atka Bay penguin colony by stefan kessler)

Marble_Point_B.jpg

Marble_Point_A.jpg

MarblePointII.zip

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

version 1.1

http://www.mediafire...ljq68uou6kdkt3m

Adds (6) Lower Erebus Hut, nearby helicopter wreck and lava (7) New Harbor off shore site (8) Air New Zealand flight 901 wreck and monument.

as before a .kmv file is provided

leh.jpg

anz.jpg

info:

http://erebus.nmt.ed.../livingonerebus

http://en.wikipedia....land_Flight_901

http://www.southpole.../igy2/helo.html

Etien

Hi Folks,

I have the Penguin download that instructs where to place the files. But the other two I downloaded don't specify if the Scenery & Texture files go into the "AntarcticaX Scenery & Texture folders or if they go in the main FSX Scenery and Texture Folders. I'm speaking about the Marble Point and one other, (I forgot the name but it's the same programmer).

Can you please specify?

Thank You

PS: I don't know if this topic is being watched anymore so If I don't recieve a reply in the next few days, I'll assume it isn't. Therefore, 'Mr. Administrator', you may see this same post in a "New Topic" section. I hope that explains the possibility of a 'double-post'.

well, the name is in the signature (etien). best you create a new folder like 'my antartica' , copy the content of Marble Point and Mario Zuchelli in it, and then declare it.

Etienne

well, the name is in the signature (etien). best you create a new folder like 'my antartica' , copy the content of Marble Point and Mario Zuchelli in it, and then declare it.

Etienne

I'd be glad to do that etien but perhaps I wasn't clear. I'll use the Marble Point scenery as an example: I downloaded the folder and unzipped it. Then, when I opened that folder to its point where the two Folders titled "Scenery" and "Texture" appeared, I opened each individual folder to find the files inside.

My question is; Where do I put those files specifically? Do I place them in the 'Scenery' and 'Texture' folders in the AntarticaX folder which is located in the Aerosoft folder within FSX's main folder? (ie: Program files (86)>Microsoft Games>MSFSX>Aerosoft>AntarcticaX> Scenery or Texture, what ever the case may be)

Or do I perhaps place those files in the 'Scenery' and 'Texture' folders that are located in the main FSX folder themselves? (ie: Program files (86)>Microsoft Games>MSFSX>Scenery or Texture, what ever the case may be).

That's all I'm asking. The Penguin program had those instructions and they look very good by the way. But I'd like to see these Marble Point and others as well Just as soon as I know where to place those files. There are a lot of them and I don't want to have to find them to delete them if I place them in the wrong folder.

Thank You

The manual installation involved is very standart:

You create a folder (like "myantartica") where you want, most people put in the fsx/addon scenery with the other extensions, but you dont have to.

You create two sub folders (texture and scenery). All addon scenery have the same structure

you copy the content of the texture folders from the 2 .zip files in the texture folder you just created (normally all the *.dds files)

you copy the content of the scenery folders from the 2 .zip files in the scenery folder you just created (normally all the *.blg files)

you declare the scenery in the scenery lib above antartica x using the scenery librairy menu inside fsx

you should see the new stuff in the simulator.

Hope this helps.

Etienne.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Etienne for all your work!

You are really a very good, fast and productive scenery designer, respect!

By the way, I will soon release Kohnen-Station. Just for your information :rolleyes:

.kohnen.jpg

The manual installation involved is very standart:

You create a folder (like "myantartica") where you want, most people put in the fsx/addon scenery with the other extensions, but you dont have to.

You create two sub folders (texture and scenery). All addon scenery have the same structure

you copy the content of the texture folders from the 2 .zip files in the texture folder you just created (normally all the *.dds files)

you copy the content of the scenery folders from the 2 .zip files in the scenery folder you just created (normally all the *.blg files)

you declare the scenery in the scenery lib above antartica x using the scenery librairy menu inside fsx

you should see the new stuff in the simulator.

Hope this helps.

Etienne.

THANK YOU Very Much Etienne!!

I'm sorry I didn't get back here sooner, (I just got back from an unexpected trip). I trully appreciate the detailed help. I completely understand and plan to try it out tonight.

Rich