Barcelona Old and New scenery in one..

Tristan Marchent

Hi All,

Just loaded into LEBL and noticed that:

1) the old defualt scenery is showing through Terminal 2 and,

2) there is no tower but the rotating thing at the top is moving around...

Had uninstalled and reinstalled but no use :/

Any ideas...

post-18305-0-92804500-1330100019_thumb.p

post-18305-0-65410700-1330100190_thumb.p

post-18305-0-99575100-1330100192_thumb.p

Have you checked \\aerosoft\barcelona folder and sub folders for any file with the extension .blob

You say you have the latest version, is that of the launcher or barcelona?

Wheres barcelona in your scenery library, anything above it? Did you previously have any other scenery installed for barcelona? Do you have any other scenery installed in that area like utx?

Have you checked \\aerosoft\barcelona folder and sub folders for any file with the extension .blob

You say you have the latest version, is that of the launcher or barcelona?

Wheres barcelona in your scenery library, anything above it? Did you previously have any other scenery installed for barcelona? Do you have any other scenery installed in that area like utx?

Hi there thanks for your help! I just check the scenery folder and have a ton of .blob files... :-/ Should I delete these... I will also download the latest version of Barcelona as I only have V1.0 :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Tristan,

NO don't delete them !!!!

Install the latest Launcher, which can be found here

Run the launcher and let him work for some minutes, after that check that all blob files are gone.

EDIT:

First check what version of the Launcher you have. The Problem could be that Barcelona install a very outdated version and I don't know if this has been fixed in the latest installer of Barcelona.

Any Launcher version prior to 1.0.0.5 got no uninstall utility and weill be installed automatically in the default program directory of your PC.

So I would recommend the following:

- Download latest Barcelona

- download latest Launcher

- uninstall Barcelona

- install Barcelona, and if a check box at the end gives you the chance not to install the Launcher

- if an old version of the Launcher is installed, simple delete it, otherwise use the uninstaller

- install the latest launcher

- let him do his job ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello

I am new in town!! Just signed in here. Bought the fsx a few weeks ago and Mega airport Barcelona X as well. The problem is that in the new terminal there are no planes. I have followed the forum and I have tried to take the plane shadows off and changed the files to .bgl (in the scenery folder under aerosoft) but NOTHING happened! I have the traffic density at its max and nothing again!!! It is a shame because this airport (my airpot in real life) is now architecturaly amazing with the new terminal but I need some planes in the jetways (by the way the new tower wchich is on the cover in the box is missing). I only find planes in the parking areas but not in the gates (neither in terminal 1 nor in terminal 2).

Please somebody help me!!!

Thank you

Hello

I am new in town!! Just signed in here. Bought the fsx a few weeks ago and Mega airport Barcelona X as well. The problem is that in the new terminal there are no planes. I have followed the forum and I have tried to take the plane shadows off and changed the files to .bgl (in the scenery folder under aerosoft) but NOTHING happened! I have the traffic density at its max and nothing again!!! It is a shame because this airport (my airpot in real life) is now architecturaly amazing with the new terminal but I need some planes in the jetways (by the way the new tower wchich is on the cover in the box is missing). I only find planes in the parking areas but not in the gates (neither in terminal 1 nor in terminal 2).

Please somebody help me!!!

Thank you

What AI Traffic program are you using.

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for your reply. I sorted it out. I had nt activated the airport through the launcher. I still can not move the jetways to the doors by clicking ctrl+j. Is it normal? Is there any other key for this?

Thank you

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for your reply. I sorted it out. I had nt activated the airport through the launcher. I still can not move the jetways to the doors by clicking ctrl+j. Is it normal? Is there any other key for this?

Thank you

Yes its normal no moving jetways, however AES can change this.

Thanks Shaun

Please can you answer my 2 posts (one about how to activate Nice X through launcher as I cant and another one about not finding aircrafts landing or takin off in London Heathrow Mega airports)

Thank you again

Thanks Shaun

Please can you answer my 2 posts (one about how to activate Nice X through launcher as I cant and another one about not finding aircrafts landing or takin off in London Heathrow Mega airports)

Thank you again

I believe Nice does not need activating, as for the AI did you turn off "Aircraft casts shadows on the ground" in FSX.