carenado c337 patch

dfw

I heard carenado just released a small patch to fix the fuel pump issue. We can eventually get this in the patch section after logging in?

thanks.

The question is, are the updates available to owners that bought and registered there product with Carenado and just not listed on the regular update page yet for those that purchased them elsewhere. Maybe they just take care of their customers first, a bonus type thing. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a way to not make these updates available to those that illegally download their products. If this was the case then I am with them but they should at least figure out a way to register product legally purchased through their other suppliers.

I may be speaking a bit early on this, has anyone actually received an update or just heard about one?

I am not bashing this company, just so you know. I bought mine on sale at another place and when the GPS would not popup when clicking on the face of it on the dash, they did try to help me through emails. They didn't fix it but they tried and that made them ok in my book. My only complaint about them is if they charge a decent amount for an aircraft it should be tested a bit better. The little things that are wrong with it should have been easy to spot during testing. Sweet looking modeling and textures along with a decent sound file are a plus but this is a sim not a game and the gauges are what really make the plane. IMO

You misunderstand their business model. When they sell direct, fulfill direct they profit direct, so of course they favour their own customer first. Thereafter they distribute the patches in the form of restructured installation .exe's to the distribution channel. ALL major patches are done this way. You can only get the patches from Carenado, From all other vendors you get a revised download.

All minor patches are made available through the open-access patches an updates page on their website...

This 18.5 meg patch is classed as a major patch and so is currently only available to logged-in customers who made their purchase direct. If you didn't, you wait for revised installers to be made available through distributors, and that will usually take a few days as the distributor needs to ensure viability of their installer, perhaps marry it to their own in-house purchase and update routine and verify the contents. And if you go to the right place, you can find that they will also respond to personal emails if you provide the order number for the vendor you bought from. No point coming here and whining if you haven't tried that first.

Oh, and while I agree with you that Carenado's beta testing amounts to nothing more than throwing at the customer to notice and fix, the problem you described above with the pop-up GPS has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with Carenado or the product or the installer.

I am no Carenado apologist, but let's keep our ducks in a row, shall we..?

You misunderstand their business model. When they sell direct, fulfill direct they profit direct, so of course they favour their own customer first. Thereafter they distribute the patches in the form of restructured installation .exe's to the distribution channel. ALL major patches are done this way. You can only get the patches from Carenado, From all other vendors you get a revised download.

All minor patches are made available through the open-access patches an updates page on their website...

This 18.5 meg patch is classed as a major patch and so is currently only available to logged-in customers who made their purchase direct. If you didn't, you wait for revised installers to be made available through distributors, and that will usually take a few days as the distributor needs to ensure viability of their installer, perhaps marry it to their own in-house purchase and update routine and verify the contents. And if you go to the right place, you can find that they will also respond to personal emails if you provide the order number for the vendor you bought from.

Thank you for this detailed explanation, it was good reading and explained some things. I do not totally agree with their business model but I do respect whatever or however they want to run the company. After all we vote with our purchases and then it is their choice on how they want to proceed.

No point coming here and whining if you haven't tried that first.

I'm sorry if you feel like I was whining. I re-read my post and I see that I asked a question, gave my opinion and also did praise the company. If they do read these forums, it doesn't hurt to let them see customers opinions about their products and how they run their business model. From reading the posts here, I am not the only one that feels things could be different.

Oh, and while I agree with you that Carenado's beta testing amounts to nothing more than throwing at the customer to notice and fix,
stop whining :lol:
the problem you described above with the pop-up GPS has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with Carenado or the product or the installer.

This from the Operation Tips pdf that came with my AC:

Pressing on the screen of the GNS530 will pop up it allowing a better view of the instrument. To make it disappear

just press again on the screen.

This feature only works with the default GNS530 from Carenado.

I do use the default GNS530 in my plane. Carenado support did try to help me find the problem with no luck and offered my money back. I declined because I like the plane and I just added my own fix.

I am no Carenado apologist, but let's keep our ducks in a row, shall we..?

Those are my ducks in a row.

Listen, I appreciate your answer to my query and don't want to get in a p*****g match, you had me up untill the point of the "whining comment." These forums are here to share information, answer questions and further our hobby. If negative comments are not welcome then it's just a one way street biased toward the company or product we are discussing. That would be a sad thing. Repetitive comments are good in that they show a company an ongoing tally of how many folks are dissatisfied with what they are doing. Just my opinion.

Take care.

Brett

Hello Folks,

I believe that Carenado has an official page for downloading updates do they not here.

So can one assume that they will be posting it there.

Hi Shaun,

I recieved the fix by emailing the company, the fix is not yet posted on the Updates page on their website.

The patch is NOT on the Updates page. The patch is only obtainable through the My Account page and, of course, only then if you have actually purchased the aircraft directly from Carenado.

Carenado will eventually update the basic installer for all vendors.

In the meantime, it pains me to say that you have to go to Avsim to the Unofficially Official Carenado forum to find all the good stuff.