Objects/texture loading Norway airports

mas618

Hi Aerosoft.

This is regarding Oslo X, Trondheim X and Stavanger X.

The runway lights (both sidemarkings and approach lights) as well as taxi signs, appear only when very close. The runway approach lights appear only when on 2nm final, and the taxisigns appear only 30 meters or so from them. Regarding runway lights, they appear gradually as I approach the airport. Semmes like they appear when within a certain range. The runway sidemarkings appear in pairs as I get closer.

Pausing the sim won't make them appear.

I've checked default airports as well as Amsterdam Mega Airport with no problems.

So, LOD is set to max, and Scenery Complexity is max also. Autogen is dense. Other sliders are far to to the right, but I've also tried moving them way to the left, without any positive result. I always have cloud draw to 60 nm below FL100.

I have a smooth running FSX otherwise, and the approaches into these scenerys are smooth (also Oslo - lol).

I searched the forums at AVSIM, and found various suggestions to tweaking the CFG. I've already had it tweaked by bojotes, and i've also added Poolsize=150 MB without positive result.

Since this appears only to be related to the above scenerys, and tought it would be correct to ask for help here.

Hope maybe Jo Erland knows something....?

My specs:

FSX SP2 on win 7 x64

i5 2500K OC @ 4,5 Ghz

6 GB RAM

Nvidia GTS 250 (invidia inspector in force FPS limited to 30)

ENB series and Shade for FSX

Airports of Norway (freeware) ENGM, ENVA and ENBR files deleted though!

Mesh of Norway (freeware)

AS 2012 textures installed

Hope you can help

PS: I've attached my CFG here.

Martin

Hi again - sorry, but I thought this would be straigh foreward. It wasn't I'm afraid - how do go about changing this?

I've been in the seasons tool as well as in Aerosoft Launcher - couldn't find anything?

Martin

Hi again - sorry, but I thought this would be straigh foreward. It wasn't I'm afraid - how do go about changing this? I've been in the seasons tool as well as in Aerosoft Launcher - couldn't find anything? Martin

Let me see what they are doing here.

Try backing up your FSX.cfg to a safe location and then delete the original and allow FSX to write a new one on startup just to test its not a setting thats been altered.

You can always replace the original back after if the problem is the same.

Let me see what they are doing here.

Try backing up your FSX.cfg to a safe location and then delete the original and allow FSX to write a new one on startup just to test its not a setting thats been altered.

You can always replace the original back after if the problem is the same.

Hi Shaun.

Thx for your answer. Before I did what you suggested, I tried a few different things, partly suggested at AVSIM, but none of it seemed to work, so I reverted back to my startingpoint...

However it seemes that the problem only persists now at Trondheim X - just tok the Ultralight for a spin at Oslo and Stavanger, and it all looked fine! I also discovered, that the 3D lightpoles are loaded fine, it's just the lights that doesn't load correctly... Now what I did that fixed it for Oslo and Stavanger I don't know, because is was a long series of changes someone suggested at AVSIM, and I reverted back all in one time again...

Would you still have me delete the CFG file as you suggested?

I'm really sorry, because it must seem very strange that it is now only at Trondheim, but that is the case however... Thx for your fast and kind support!

Martin

First off, letting FSX create a new CFG file got me a BSOD, so not a good start - lol..

Tryed again, and it loaded up fine, but no solution to the lights problems...

Martin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...