Maastricht-Aachen X (FS2004) bugs...

Jeepee

Hello the team,

First of all, thanks a lot for the release of this small airport for FS9.

So much attention to small details is a real delight, and render a true airport atmosphere... Good job !

Secondly, let me allow to bring to your attention a few "bugs" I've found in your Maastricht-Aachen X scenery :

• There is no taxiway yellow centerline on taxiway W (between main apron A and cargo apron B ), nor on taxiway E (along the maintenance apron) ;
  • No runway hold-short lines present on any intersecting taxiway (except on W3); the ILS hold-short lines are present however ;
  • The parking lines for stands 1, 2, 3, and 4 (on the main apron) are all curved, instead of straight ;
  • The presence of the fire truck right in front of the parking position 2 restricts the correct placement of the aircraft ;
  • The 3D light poles of the approach lights system for both runways are slightly offset (not in perfect alignment with the runway centerline) ;
  • All the approach lights pattern for both runways 03/21 are misplaced; they should end to the displaced thresholds (instead of the physical start of the runway) ;
  • The same goes for the threshold green lights : they should also be positioned on the displaced thresholds !

Thanks for your attention,

And who knows... standing-by for a small update ? :-)

Keep on the good work.

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe,

I can't speak for Aerosoft, but I would do my best to hire you as a chief beta tester. good.gif

LOL

Thanks for the compliment, Rafal !

Well... that's whenever they wish ^_^

Can we take it that you have excellent knowledge of this airport.

Hello Shaun,

"Excellent", not at all... I've operated only three times from/to Maastricht (last time was 3 weeks ago, during the National Strike day in Belgium, where Jetairfly transfered all its flights from Cologne-Bonn and Maastricht).

But you don't need to know a particular airport to notice the "bugs" I've mentioned hereabove... :-)

Have a great week.

Thankyou very much Shaun,

The Afcad also needs looking at.... the pax terminal gates should be 1 -4 and named gates.... the cargo terminal could do with renaming to say West parking and named cargo (and then the correct order number can be made 1-7). It looks like the yellow parking lines should be visible at the cargo terminal.. you can see in my FS pic I have added a forward facing spot for my An-12.

Once the afcad is sorted I guess we can look forward to some AES action.

40714_1282239234.jpg

fsscr063-5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

Okay thanks, I'll get this mentioned for them to look into.

Hello Shaun,

Any news yet from the developer(s) ?

Have a great week-end.

Jean-Philippe

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so the OP posted on 18th Feb 2012.....yet no sign of a fix. I purchased another scenery recently and pointed out there was a problem with the approach lights and a fix was supplied the same day.

Poor show so far for the Maastricht developer IMHO.

Ok so the OP posted on 18th Feb 2012.....yet no sign of a fix. I purchased another scenery recently and pointed out there was a problem with the approach lights and a fix was supplied the same day.

Poor show so far for the Maastricht developer IMHO.

But I bet the other developer is not tasked to travel to weird and wonderful places as part of there day job, the developer of this scenery does not do this as a full time job.