I feel so unlucky (sound issue)

Coban

Hello folks,

After learning about carb heat and icing stuff, I thought I will finally enjoy this great aircraft as flying it a lot on this weekend. But, for some reason, I started hearing the sound, the one gets loud ( zzzzzzzz ) when you go any options if you were using VC camera, when you come back to session, of course sounds goes off. Now, I have no idea what happened, I hear that annoying sound in VC all time, after engine start.

I made a clean reinstall of FSX, and tried it on vanilla FSX (acceleration installed), no addons, only Katana X, I still hear the sound again, it is so loud....Well I've no idea, what happened....

Hit `q` to silence all sounds. Hit `q` again.

System resource issue.

Simon, thanks for help but it did not solve the problem..I simply can't understand, what happened, I haven't changed anything, I even barely used the pc since last weekend.

I can disable that sound by turning special Avionics sound effect off. But, why I got this issue in first place ..Hit Q to silence and hit Q again did not work..Simon, you said it is something related to system resource, I actually do not know much about IT stuff..I checked task manager, and got all process related to sound, perhabs this can help to solve.

audiodg.exe ---- Local Service --- Windows Audio Device Isolation

DTS Audio Service ---- System ---- DTS Audio Service

RAVBg64.exe ---- Salim --- HD Audio Background Process

RtkNGUI64.exe ----- Salim ---- Realtek HD Audio Manager

Or disabling special Avionics sound affect is the way to go ? Do I lost much without it ? Because I don't know how was the special avionics sound affect..

Warm Regards

It would help to know which sound effect you are referring to. Go to FSXfolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Diamond DA20-100 'Katana'\sound.cockpit and you'll see the ones being played in the cockpit environment. You can click them and listen to each one. Maybe the ones with the SOUND_GYRO name (there are a few) are those to look further.

If you find a special one you want to get rid of, rename it or move it to another folder. Take a backup first if you like. If it's just too loud, one can edit it with some freeware. However, if the problem came up all of a sudden, you would have to ask about the actual cause. The sound editing then would be just a workaround. But if the sounds are playing nicely, except for just that single one, it's unlikely that some general system problem is causing it.

CoolP, even a workaround will be enough for me. Because I really have no idea what is the actual thing causing this. Within the week, I only installed some windows updates, nothing else. All other sounds good, only this sound, you should know that sound though. It is the one, silent but if you go options, or any other menu, and if you were inside VC while did it, you hear a high pitch sound. Now, that sound keep playing even on the actual FSX session, but only in VC. I don't hear it if I use outside cameras.

I assume, SOUND_GYRO is the one, I did rename it, but Katana X gave error, didn't load the plane as said sound file is missing.

Well, you may use any sound (even a silent one, just has to be a wave file) to replace it. Means if the Katana gives you an error if the file is missing or got renamed, you replace it with another one with the correct name. You can record some seconds of silence and then place it in the folder, replacing SOUND_GYRO.wav.

Find lots of sound files in FSXfolder\sound. Some other addons may also use that silent sound file trick. E. g. the MD-11 does to avoid the default GPWS warnings.

Thanks a lot CoolP, it works like a charm..So I only lost SOUND_GYRO sound, swaped it with your silent sound file...at least all other avionics have sound.