Oslo-Gardermoen X for FS2004

Er!k

Hello Aerosoft,

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will you consider an FS2004 version of Oslo-Gardermoen X? I am just overflying Norway on my way to Vilnius... Would be really nice to fly there with current weather :)

Thanks in advance!

There is a version of Gardermoen included in Aerosoft Scandinavian Airports (I don't know if it's volume 1 or 2). It's rather old, but still good. At least you got something to use. Besides, as far as I know, not much has changed at Gardermoen over the past years.

The current Mega Airport Oslo was published in the time that they thought FS2004 had no future and within a year or so everyone would be on FSX. In those days, all sceneries were FSX only. But their expectations for the future were not right, we're years further now and FS2004 is still going strong. From the moment that became clear the sceneries were both FS2004 and FSX again, but they never fixed this for their previous sceneries. And to be honest, I don't think that's going to happen. Altough the market for FS2004 is solid, it's still small. It's just not shrinking.

When the developer posted the first shots of fs developer ge said he was planning an fs9 version. Then months later he basically said no promises. Then he released the FSX version and we never heard again from him. As he is an outside developer it is his choice to make one or not. But i am hoping Mathijs will ask him.

• Upvote 1

When the developer posted the first shots of fs developer ge said he was planning an fs9 version. Then months later he basically said no promises. Then he released the FSX version and we never heard again from him. As he is an outside developer it is his choice to make one or not. But i am hoping Mathijs will ask him.

Yes You are right newmanix.

Actually oslo airport was planned for fs9 and x.According developer was finished its fs9 version %79 percent.But then developer retract his promise and started Stavanger X.

Maybe some day developer Jo Erlend Sund will remember his PROMISE.

Absolutely it isnt a fs9&x war.Just I would like to remind this event.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Its not really true that you never heard from Jo Erlend again, he is working on Stavanger.

He never promised an FS9 version, he did say that a FS9 version was 70% certain, depending on the work needed. Then he moved to the states taking his Pilot license, and he was qutie busy. Now he's working on Stavanger, and Ive heard Tromsø is next after that.

Also you FS9 folks need to remember that FS9 is three sims back, its time to convert to FSX, and dont say that you cant afford a computer for FSX, because you can!

• Upvote 1

It is a really good freeware scenery in this package with 55 airports in Norway.

I know that this is Aerosoft`s forum, but i think is okay to link to this scenery for those who still uses FS9 and want a good Gardermoen scenery.

http://www.flightsim.no/fsno/filbibliotek/FS2004/scenery/europa/norge/75/visit.html

Its not that I have a pain in the ass of people staying with FS9, what I dont like is people constantly whining that theres less and less addons for FS9 coming. You got to realize that for most, FS9 have been dead for years. I get that you prefer FS9, so did I until I finally uninstalled FS9 and converted fully to FSX, and never since have I been back to FS9. FSX is just too good compared.

Again, I do not have anything against people sticking with FS9, but with the constant whine for addons!

• Upvote 1

Again, I do not have anything against people sticking with FS9, but with the constant whine for addons!

And that's how it is!

In the case of Gardermoen, there are a lot of sceneries available for FS2004. You can say they are outdated, but so is your sim. You want an up-to-date version? Then switch to FSX! It would be a different story if there was no scenery at all available for FS2004, but that's not the case here. There is something you can use, so use that.

• Upvote 1

Per-Kristian,

Actually it is probably a waste of time to discuss with you since all I feel reading your posts is some higher blood pressure.

But on the other hand things have to be made clear sometimes, so let me add a few sentences of explanation for the last time.

people constantly whining that theres less and less addons for FS9 coming

If you decide to write such harsh words, it would at least be fair to refer to anything specific.There are thousands of posts around the Aerosoft forums and as long as they are allowed by the hosts I see no problem if people want to ask about FS9, FSX, Flight, X-Plane, Prepare3D, subway simulator, train simulator or whatever else. All in all Aerosoft is all the time releasing addons for them, including FS9 which in your mind is 'dead'. If you hate FS9 for some reason, that is fine with you. But please do not attack people who use it and want to know things. I don't know how old you are, but you are behaving like a 15-20 year old youngster fighting for his favourite football club.

All Er!k did was kind asking (he even used the word 'sorry'!) if an FS9 version of ENGM is planned, as many Aerosoft airports are available for both platforms or at other times they are later released for FS9 too (like e.g. Maastricht a few days ago):

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will you consider an FS2004 version of Oslo-Gardermoen X?

So, yes, looks like you do feel some pain and you mind those few posts asking about FS9 addons. If Aerosoft doesn't mind, why would you?

You are also offending Aerosoft's paying customers who do not think their sim is 'dead' or in any way worse than the one you are using.

the constant whine for addons

Using this logic all the FSX airport requests are whining, so please go and jump on them too.

That is all from me now. I wish you all less anger, more love to others and of course a nice sunny Sunday wherever you read these words.

• Upvote 1