Manhatten X

VulcanB2

Hi,

I'm looking at Manhatten X and MegaSceneryEarth NY area, and want to know if these two sceneries play nice together?

What about FSDreamTeam JFK? I fly in/out of NY a lot, and want these sceneries to improve the area and enable me to properly fly some VFR approaches in the area.

What about the performance of Manhatten X? I have Manhatten for FS2004 and I'm very pleased with it, but FSX is a bit fickle. I have the PMDG NGX and get about 40 - 50 FPS nicely with that, and don't really want FSX to become a slideshow.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Robin.

They will all work together, with some anomalies.

As I recall, JFK causes some small lines at the borders off the shore of Aerosoft Manhattan, almost like little jetty's.

Megascenery Manhattan works well with both. The seasonal coloring is very different, however, and I vaguely remember some small misalignment's here and there. Also Megascenery (and sometimes MyTraffic) can add odd, random buildings here and there, especially in airport areas, that can cause conflicts if not hunted down and disabled in the scenery folder.

Nothing major except maybe around the Holland tunnel air pumping station and at certain bridges.

If you are clever, you can fiddle around in the folders and delete things you don't like in one scenery in favor of things you do in another.

Ahh... so the MegaScenery includes buildings? Not just ground textures?

Sounds good regarding everything else!

Regarding perf, does it make much of a hit? I don't have traffic add-ons, and don't have any AI enabled in the sim.

PS: Like you signature! :D

Best regards,

Robin.

Ahh... so the MegaScenery includes buildings? Not just ground textures?

Sounds good regarding everything else!

Regarding perf, does it make much of a hit? I don't have traffic add-ons, and don't have any AI enabled in the sim.

PS: Like you signature! :D

Best regards,

Robin.

Megascenery can be odd. The general answer is that depending on the scenery, autogen can range from zero to sparse to (in some cases) fairly extensive for their earlier efforts.

MegaScenery Manhattan has no Autogen, I believe, until you get quite close to the city, where there are bridges and a few lonely buildings placed here and there.

Aerosoft Manhattan can be a hit all on its own! Add in FSDreamteam Kennedy and it can all be a bit much for poor old FSX, depending on your machine and settings. Fortunately, later versions of Manhattan cut down on the workload quite a bit, and these two dense scenery areas are far enough apart that they are generally just dim blurs on each others horizons.

They can be run together well as long as you keep track of your settings. (Maxing out the planes at the airport with a third party package, for instance, is NOT a good idea!)

OK. I have autogen disabled as I find it causes stutters and leaks memory.

Thanks!!

Best regards,

Robin.

I actually found some pictures from my old experiments with this. As you can see, it works with some small mis-matches. Good luck!

200931221637901.jpg

20093163304351.jpg

I have Megascenery Earth, Manhattan X, FSDT JFK, Imaginesim LGA, and they all work fine together, I have no problems. I also use UTUSA and the night lights looks great with everything combined.

Strange. While I found that UTUSA worked well, there was at least one anomaly with lights heading out towards the Holland tunnel (think it was Holland) air pumping station where there was in fact no actual above-ground road.

The LGA demo had some strange alignment issues that I was never able to correct to my satisfaction, and did really odd things to landing light sizes and brightness. This was quite a while ago, and may have been corrected by now.

There has been updates in many levels with UTUSA and Manhattan X. FSDT JFK airport blends well with megasceneryearth and the rest of the addons, but the issue with Imaginesim LGA tarmac is still an issue at times when using megasceneryearth. For some reason the airport elevation is lower in some areas using megascenery. Just have to make sure that you keep all these addons on top of Megasceneryearth and most of the issues are gone.

There has been updates in many levels with UTUSA and Manhattan X. FSDT JFK airport blends well with megasceneryearth and the rest of the addons, but the issue with Imaginesim LGA tarmac is still an issue at times when using megasceneryearth. For some reason the airport elevation is lower in some areas using megascenery. Just have to make sure that you keep all these addons on top of Megasceneryearth and most of the issues are gone.

Thanks for the clarification.