Best video card option for running Autocad and FSX

Hello,

Need your advice on which video card would be the best for both softwares, "Autocad/Revit"(cad program) and FSX on the same machine. I'm going to purchase a new system, and need your advice. Thanks!

Paul

• Aerosoft

In the office here (where we got a wide selection of hardware) we like the GeForce CTX 560 Ti a lot.

Price is reasonable, it seems to be very stable and FSX (and also X-Plane 10) loves it. Not sure on the CAD side but knowing the specs I think it will run fine.

Does anyone know how ATI cards works for FS9/X? is there any shimmering problem?

I'm not sure, but I thought ATI could have problems with your clouds in fs

Hello

I have the Nvidia GTX 560TI installed, and workes fine with XPlane10, FSX, AutoCad and Autodesk Inventor.

In general you have to be a bit careful with ATI Graphics and CAD, but you won´t get any problem with

Nvidia chips.

Greets Chris

• Aerosoft

I think I'll buy a G580 card with 3 GB, maybe that can handle XP10 without any problems.

X-Plane 10 needs CPU cores and fast memory but it will never use 3 Gb of video memory. Not saying it is a bad choice, but the memory on GPU's is expensive.

X-Plane 10 needs CPU cores and fast memory but it will never use 3 Gb of video memory. Not saying it is a bad choice, but the memory on GPU's is expensive.

So you mean that 1.5 GB ram on the card is ok ?