Friedrichshafen X released for FSX and FS2004

• Aerosoft

Friedrichshafen X, created by the German Airports team for FSX and FS2004 is a scenery you simply have to check out. Not only is it a superb representation of the airport but it also feels very much like the real airport. You will feel right at home on this high quality airport!

Check out the product pages.

friedrichshafenx_21.jpg

friedrichshafenx_1.jpg

friedrichshafenx_6.jpg

Thank you very much Aerosoft and the German Airports Team! good.gif

I've been waiting for this airport for a long time.

After I saw Rainer's screenshots (excellent as always), I almost got a heart attack...

Now give me also Nuremberg, Dusseldorf and the promised new Frankfurt Main and my virtual Germany is perfect!

Very thank you for this release ... fantastique airport and area ...

First start for discovery this area ... under the real weather moment ... snow storm ... lol

But question ... I think a few winter texture are lost ??? That's possible ?

uoaycrfg6o92.jpg

Some other pics under snow ...

e4fqglvg7dpl.jpg

8iobkntv6rc6.jpg

5aob9x8f2f1.jpg

why I should get it?

- an exceptional regional airport

- a picturesque location on Lake Constance with the Alps on the horizon

- home of the Zeppelin as well as Aero Aviation Show

- the latest techniques in scenery design

- a lot of eye-candy with great FPS

- relatively cheap

- no reason NOT to get it ;)

I'll also stay away from this single airport, but buy the pack

That surely is a smart and economical decision. nodding-1.gif But only for those who are very patient and don't mind missing the fun here and now. I am not like that.

Not having seen any preview of Nuremberg, I wouldn't expect the package soon. And you still don't have the gorgeous EDDM? :blink:

That surely is a smart and economical decision. nodding-1.gif But only for those who are very patient and don't mind missing the fun here and now. I am not like that.

Not having seen any preview of Nuremberg, I wouldn't expect the package soon. And you still don't have the gorgeous EDDM? :blink:

I'm very patient, so no problem that three airports are still missing (Dresden, Nuremberg and a secret one [still hoping for EDSB]) :D

And as I knew that Munich was going to be released as a single Mega Airport I bought it of course and it is in highly use :D

I noticed quite differing slider suggestions in the manual for Friedrichshafen and VFR Germany 3. This does concern other airfields (Stuttgart...) situated in the VFR Germany series, too. I would not say these suggestions are wrong, actually both are quite fitting for my "mid-end computer". There are obvious reasons for these suggestions, no need to discuss.

Now should I jump out of the seat to change sliders during final? Or, should I ever take the least demanding settings during all flight over Germany? Here comes my question: Wouldn't there be a way to pre-configure aerosoft airports externally to FSX appropriate for people's systems? Don't tell me it's impossible. I got the idea when flaying over aeosofts's San Francisco. This one was completely unusable entering downtown. After removing one bgl file (according to a hint in the manual or in a forum - don't recall) this became a joy to fly over - without any noticeable visual difference, btw. If memory serves me right, this one file had over-dense autogen.

Just an idea - and sorry, if it's been already proposed or even answered deep in one of the forums. BTW, some of the ORBX airports come with a similar configuration tool.

Kind regards, Michael

• 2 months later...

Problem,

I have trees directly in front of runway 24...... is this bug known?

Is the main scenery the first entry in your library? If not, change this ;)

I have to say that I have this issue too...

Reloading FSX scenery library reduces the number of offending trees but not completely... I can post a screenshot of the two states tomorrow for you...

Andrew

I have to say that I have this issue too...

Reloading FSX scenery library reduces the number of offending trees but not completely... I can post a screenshot of the two states tomorrow for you...

Andrew

Screenshots might be helpful, but do you have any other landclasses installed.

I put some screenshots in a new thread Shaun. I use no other landclass. I only have GEX Europe and the trees are not there when I deactivate EDNY X.

In my other thread with screenshots, I also posted the result of some detective work I did, tracking down the rogue tree placement to one particular bgl, which I listed in the other thread...

Andrew