Future Projects Question (TwinStar / P3D)

Coban

Hello, I would like to know if there is any plan for Diamond TwinStar. I really liked Katana 4x and want to see TwinStar from same developer. Also wondering, will there be any release of Katana 4x P3D version ? If not, can we port it to P3D ? If yes, how to ? :big_boss_s: cheers

Good question but i think you can forget the Twin Star ! There is a g1000 in it and it seems difficult to program accurately in FS… I own the Mindstar G1000 and it’s far from the real thing and a lot of people say its the best one so… Last year there were two 4X projects in discussion : The Eclipse C1 and a Pilatus Porter but both have vanished. Add to that the realism pool started recently in the forum and we can fear a great future for Carenado and co flying textures…

By the way if you like realism you can also forget the two FSX DA42 actually proposed. And yes the Katana 4X works great in P3D but you must install it manually but there may be EULA problems…

• Upvote 2

I just need a quality twin engine. I can find only Real Air duke, but it just hasn't got a realistic look VC. I don't want something big either, like PMDG J41. Hope Marcel brings a quality twin engine plane. In Turkey, flight schools investing on TwinStar, they keep buying more and more TwinStar. People love that plane, it is sleek, it is beautiful, and also good for training. But as you said, there is no a good DA42 in market right now.

Pilatus Porter is such an ugly plane, and there is no need for it. Eclipse would be good though, but again, creating a twin engine could be the best idea.

I might try to port Katana 4x to P3D, but before that need to know it is legal. Hope someone can inform us whether it is ok or not. Or they can sell a little licencing stuff and release an update to make it install to P3D.

The Duke has a good reputation and you can include the RXP GPS wich are very good, real training tools, so this could be a good choice… I love the DA42 too and would be pleased with a 4X version ! And the Porter is not a beauty queen but a great plane.

• 3 weeks later...

You can try the Flight 1 MilViz Cessna C310R:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=c310r

It is IMHO a better twin than RealAir Duke. The flight model is as close to the real thing as possible, including very realistic single engine behaviour. Do a bit of Googling about it. Flight 1 has a 30 days money back warranty, so can get your money back if you don't like it.

Vu Pham

You can try the Flight 1 MilViz Cessna C310R:

http://www.flight1.c...p?product=c310r

It is IMHO a better twin than RealAir Duke. The flight model is as close to the real thing as possible, including very realistic single engine behaviour. Do a bit of Googling about it. Flight 1 has a 30 days money back warranty, so can get your money back if you don't like it.

Vu Pham

Thanks for the link. I already bought real air turbine duke, and I would say, it is a fantastic addon. Milviz one looks cool too, maybe for the future I give a go for it. Cheers.

Thanks for the link. I already bought real air turbine duke, and I would say, it is a fantastic addon. Milviz one looks cool too, maybe for the future I give a go for it. Cheers.

Hi Coban,

I have both the Duke from RealAir and MilViz C310R. Trust me, the C310R is as close to the real thing as possible. You said you were looking for a realistic twin, which is why I suggested MilViz C310R. The C310R was developed by a pilot who owns a real C310R.

Good luck

Vu Pham

If you own the Milviz 310R be sure to check out the Milviz Forum. Their are now some training missions that have been posted on the forum. I downloaded them but have not had a chance to try them out.

Mike

Hi Coban,

I believe that Marcel Felde and his team are still working on both, the Pilatus Porter and the Diamond Eclipse project. That is nothing but a personal opinion I got from my conversation with him lately but that was definitely a "go" for both project.

These projects are however more a labour of love than a primarily commercial project so it will need time to finish these projects as Marcel and his mates earn their regular money elsewhere... It is such a shame that so few simmers support ambitious projects like the Katana. Most users seem to be perfectly happy to let their autopilots take care of their "flying textures" (Love that one, cocomotive!!!).

• Upvote 2