Heraklion X preview (product released, topic closed)

• Aerosoft

I can tell you in complete honesty that the developer of this project is 100% British when he wants to but is very Greek after a few beers. Best of both worlds. Just needs a bit of French when it comes to signing contracts.

• Upvote 1

Hahaha! Indeed!

Funny thing is the Greeks think im Greek and the English think im Greek too, im Greek orthadox, i speak Greek, cook Greek, used to live in Crete and go there every year so i might aswell be full blown Greek, well according to my pappou i am any way, his daughter, my mother was not in his good books for marrying an English malakas but we love him for who he is!!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH The last part is hilarious!!! The dad 'we love' or the pappou?

As a Greek you already know that the most famous hellenic word in the world (the 'M' word) is moslty used for the close ones, so yes, dad must not worry a lot. ;)

It's hard to imagine an englishman getting married in Crete. This must be quite a show!

• Upvote 1

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH The last part is hilarious!!! The dad 'we love' or the pappou?

As a Greek you already know that the most famous hellenic word in the world (the 'M' word) is moslty used for the close ones, so yes, dad must not worry a lot. ;)

It's hard to imagine an englishman getting married in Crete. This must be quite a show!

Oh they got married in London 34 years ago, lived here for a while, had regular holidays to Kriti and the charm of the island won them over so they sold up, packed their belongings, and have never been tempted back!!

The madness of it all to be honest is that my mums side are actually Greek cypriot but the charm of Kriti......well thats what won them over and i can understand why!!

Good to hear so many Greeks are in the forum....xDDD

As for the pics i will do my best and always carefully...you can see the diagram of the base from google earth though, so with the pictures that i will provide it will make it look better in 3D...ill be in touch with Emil but please dont say anything more about the pics from the military base.

BTW: Is anybody else greek in here?? xDD

Not Greek but I sure would like to be!! I am however, sitting in Stalis, Crete right now, does that count? :P

I'm actually going to the beach next to the airport tomorrow to go "spotting" really looking forward to getting to see some planes up close :) (and some good pics I hope) ;)

• Upvote 2

I'm filing a flightplan now and doing pre-taxi checks...... :)

I would stay on Ground Power for a while.. the APU could burn too much of your fuel ;)

Seen that video around 20 times already... :) but thanks for reminding us!

I ll just briefly 'spoil' the fun, then you can go back to it.

Testing is not all about 'looks' but a big part of it is about performance. It is as important to share these results too.

Internally, we use FPS as a reference to tell us how performance is affected during development. Those numbers are useless to most of you, because your set-up (hardware and software) is going to be very different. My 50FPS will mean nothing to someome running FS on 5 year old hardware.

So the absolute performance criterion is relative performance. Or else, how good our scenery will perform relative to other add-ons installed on your machine.

Long story short, we tested LGIR on heavy aircraft against many different airport sceneries (smaller or larger) and were very pleased to find that it outperformed most, while being on par with the rest.

Of course, I will not post our results from comparisons with other developers' scenes, but I can show you a comparison with Corfu X, which is a very smooth scenery to fly around.

LGIR_Performance%20Test.png

I know you are a demanding crowd, so you have two more steps of optimisation to 'play' with

SceneryManager1.png

LSceneryManager2.png

Now that this more 'technical' bit is out of the way, more final screen-shots will follow :)

• Upvote 6

Thats excellent to know Emil and very interesting mate, cheers for that!

We all know what you're capable of, we look forward to flying in and out of Heraklion X!

Emilios,

Not only a great scenery addon but also an outstanding GUI!

I've never seen such a detailed interface on a scenery addon.

Especially with choosing the Areas to be displayed.

I am literally impressed. congrats.gif

Any chance you can extend area 4 into area 5 so you can get stallis in??!! :P In a later patch of course!! (And joking of course)