Heraklion X preview (product released, topic closed)

Absolutely amazing detail, specially in the surroundings! Look at that football field there next to the threshold of rwy09... and that guy's balcony right at the end of the runway, every time I'm on a turnaround at LGIR I wonder whether he feels lucky or doomed!?! I wish FSX could give us the possibility to show the uneven terrain between rwy and taxiway and the terrible bumps on the runway itself... Even if you make a perfect touchdown pax still think your landing was terrible because the plane bounces like hell at it settles on the runway all the way until rollout! Seems the only things Emilios has left out where the impossible to model ones! On a personal note I really would prefer the tower's windows to be dark at night instead of light green but maybe that's just me. Add my NGX too to the list of the ones waiting to burn some rubber on rwy27 guys!

• Upvote 2

Emilios, I think you've placed yourself in the hall of fame of scenery designers. I think you've created what will become my favourite airport in de mediterranean! Just plain increadible and beautiful!

Fantastic! I really like this first picture where you can see the custom buildings reaching almost the threshold of the runway. The airport is almost "embedded" in the town.

Thanks guys!

Indeed the runway is 'in' the town on one side (09), and on the cliff above the sea on the other (27). It's pretty amazing if you ask me.

Most of these recognisable details you see would not be possible without our collaborator, Ioannis Dermitzakis, who actually lives there!! Sure no-one can model these more accurately ;)

Emilios, my brother!

Your screenshots like this one make my heart beat like crazy:

HeraklionX_4s.png

Plus they make my AirSimmer airbus wildly jump around the hangar (luckily the door is heavily locked).

The summer holiday season has started, so your scenery, together with FSDG's HESH, is a hot cake desired by many!

Please show us as many screenshots as possible to lessen the pain of waiting.

Σας ευχαριστώ πολύ

• Upvote 2

On a personal note I really would prefer the tower's windows to be dark at night instead of light green but maybe that's just me.

The tower's windows are greenish in real life, it's sun-blocking glass, so that's how it looks when there's light inside. :)

Magnificent work Emilie, can't wait to see more. :)

Let's not forget the RB211's... or is that just me? ;)

Looks amazing Emilios, Sitting here in Crete just watching flights inbound to Heraklion and hoping I can do that on the flightsim when I get home :)

• Upvote 2

You've done a great job Emilie. Any news on the release??

BTW: Is anybody else greek in here?? xDD

@EmilG My mom works inside the military base next to the airport and this Sunday im going to take a ride with her around the airport and around the runway. If, even now, there is any pic that you may need dont hesitate to tell me.

• Upvote 2

Im half greek from mothers side, parents live in Chania, drapanos, thats why im on Emils case about doing Chania airport!!

• Upvote 2

I'm Greek too...... :D

Χαιρετισμούς!

P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing this thread marked as "Close to release"!

Guest cptawsom

Im half greek from mothers side, parents live in Chania, drapanos, thats why im on Emils case about doing Chania airport!!

And the other half, if I may ask?

From the UK, I presume?

You've done a great job Emilie. Any news on the release??

@EmilG My mom works inside the military base next to the airport and this Sunday im going to take a ride with her around the airport and around the runway. If, even now, there is any pic that you may need dont hesitate to tell me.

When I asked, I was told that it's illegal to photograph the base. Maybe with your mother they might let you snatch some pictures, just be careful not to get her in trouble!

The good half :dancing_s:

• Upvote 1

The good half :dancing_s:

Hahaha! Indeed!

Funny thing is the Greeks think im Greek and the English think im Greek too, im Greek orthadox, i speak Greek, cook Greek, used to live in Crete and go there every year so i might aswell be full blown Greek, well according to my pappou i am any way, his daughter, my mother was not in his good books for marrying an English malakas but we love him for who he is!!

• Upvote 2