Heraklion X preview (product released, topic closed)

I recognize places I walked!

And in my case it is much more wierd.

I've never been to Crete in RW and now I really want to go there.

If I do, I will try to recognize places from these screenshots (ill use them a a reference)! pilot.gif

EDIT:

Looks like all signs here and there tell me to go to Heraklion.

While typing the above words I heard a jet over my roof, so I grabbed my camera and rushed to the window.

I took a quick photo and to my surprise it was an Enter Air 737-4Q8 returning to Katowice from... Heraklion!

The proof:

enter.jpg

enterher.jpg

ENT4686.jpg

• Upvote 1

Heh, nice one Rafal, I've been to Heraklion, and then on the whole island of Crete, it's a nice destination, as I see you are a spotter it's even better with all the holiday traffic there, it's definately a good place to visit.

• Upvote 1

as I see you are a spotter

Yes, a really long story. Since I live over 80 kilometres from the nearest airport, I usually spot, photograph and listen to high flying airliners.

it's definately a good place to visit.

I have no doubts. Designing virtual scenery (at least in some cases) has climbed such an incredible level, that I can judge it from preview screenshots like the above!

I've been to Greece but only continental (landing at LGTS). At present I am trying to convince my wife to have a week's visit to Crete this summer. Guess why? :D

• Upvote 1

At present I am trying to convince my wife to have a week's visit to Crete this summer. Guess why? :D

In that case, let me upload a few screeshots with shopping centres around the town... :P

There were all taken summer 2010 from the beach you see on the left of the aircraft seconds before landing with your basic family camera. This is one of the best places for spotting in Heraklion.

Stalis2010111.jpg

Stalis2010124.jpg

Stalis2010129.jpg

• Upvote 1

The sensatori hotel is a good spotting place as well. Went there on my hols in 2010 and was slap bang on the approach path.

Well I wouldn't bet on my piloting skills, but I did notice too much red coming from the end of the runway :)

..Never mind, sacrifices you have to make for a nice screen!

Mostly smaller props will use this approach, and from there you can enjoy this view thoroughly :) It is also often used in south-east windy days.

More to come soon

When I was there on my hols I was in a First Choice 752 and we landed on 09 straight over the cruise ships.

Where we stay in Stalis - between Hersonisos and Malia - we see them come in aswell, great holiday memories watching the lights come in from over the horizon then turning just as they get near us to land. I've taken off a couple of times on 09, late at night, but never landed

• Upvote 1

Where we stay in Stalis - between Hersonisos and Malia - we see them come in aswell, great holiday memories watching the lights come in from over the horizon then turning just as they get near us to land. I've taken off a couple of times on 09, late at night, but never landed

You stay in stalis?? i used to work in stalis on the beach road, a little beach bar.

Used to be called meditaraneo when we had it opposite an arcade next to an irish bar called the irish house....do u know it?

Also ran a bar called brown sugar, fairly new off a side road heading toward the main road....happy days they were but far too much raki and mythos being consumed!

• Upvote 2

You stay in stalis?? i used to work in stalis on the beach road, a little beach bar.

Used to be called meditaraneo when we had it opposite an arcade next to an irish bar called the irish house....do u know it?

I think I know where your talking about, down near the Anothousa beach hotel?

Yes mate thats it!

We are planning to go to Crete this summer but the Chania side, a resort called georgeopoli (forgive the spelling), Totally different that side of the Island.

Hopefully it wont be long untill we can fly to souda in FSX (hint hint!) :)

Thats looking spectacular. No other words, amazing.

Yes mate thats it!

We are planning to go to Crete this summer but the Chania side, a resort called georgeopoli (forgive the spelling), Totally different that side of the Island.

Hopefully it wont be long untill we can fly to souda in FSX (hint hint!) :)

Ah yes, I know where you are now, used to go to the arcade a lot for the internet in my pre-laptop days! Hopefully you get to go again :D

Thats looking spectacular. No other words, amazing.

Ah yes, I know where you are now, used to go to the arcade a lot for the internet in my pre-laptop days! Hopefully you get to go again :D

Haha me too!

A few games of pool too if we got a break!

• 2 weeks later...