Heraklion X preview (product released, topic closed)

Amazing, that car park/drop off/pickup area is like returning home for me... 13th time in 16 years this year... can not wait, hopefully I can be flying out there in the sim beforehand, taking my Easyjet airbus X to re-create the flight ;)

Hi,

I 'm from Crete (Chania) but I have visited Heraklion airport many times. It is an excellent job so far. I only have one (minor) issue.

There is an aircraft standing at the east of the cars parking. It is at the gate of 126CW of Hellenic Air Force.

This aircraft is actually a retired F-5A of HAF. As I saw in one screenshot that the aircraft you designed is a combination of F-5A (tail) and an F-16 (body).

I mention it just in case you would like to fix it although this is minor.

Regards,

Emmanuel

I have never seen the parking area that empty in reality :wacko: But it's a must have for me anyway. Excellent work! :)

Well, as said it still is 'in progress' so you can expect the area to get busier. But as Rafal correctly mentioned you don't really have performance problems in reality.. :)

Hi,

I 'm from Crete (Chania) but I have visited Heraklion airport many times. It is an excellent job so far. I only have one (minor) issue.

There is an aircraft standing at the east of the cars parking. It is at the gate of 126CW of Hellenic Air Force.

This aircraft is actually a retired F-5A of HAF. As I saw in one screenshot that the aircraft you designed is a combination of F-5A (tail) and an F-16 (body).

I mention it just in case you would like to fix it although this is minor.

Regards,

Emmanuel

Thanks Emmanuel.

Indeed an F5 is standing there in Heraklion. We did have some problems however acquiring good reference material. So the choice was to either have a very nice model or a bad (but correct) one. We' ve chosen the first, but it is still possible that we will replace it down the line.

BTW, since you mentioned the 126CW gate, this is now in place too ;)

Well, as said it still is 'in progress' so you can expect the area to get busier. But as Rafal correctly mentioned you don't really have performance problems in reality..

Hope to see those big yellow "Neckerman" (or something like that) coaches :P

• Aerosoft

Emilios is very good at optimizing code and has a good feeling of what needs to be visible at any distance, so at Aerosoft we got no doubt this will be smooth. Of course the Med taking up a lot of the view most of the time helps!

• Upvote 2

Wow...the shoots look great. You are doing a really good job!

My compliments.

Unfortunately being an fs9 user I didn't have the possibilty to fly the Corfù scenery (that seems to me a piece of art). I hope I can fly soon to/from Heraklion :)

• 2 weeks later...

Think you are a tad low there Emlios. But I love the details. Superb.

If that is the normal approach, i would not like to live in that houses i see in front :help_s: :help_s: :help_s:

Greetings

Klaus

If that is the normal approach, i would not like to live in that houses i see in front :help_s: :help_s: :help_s:

Greetings

Klaus

You would at least have a nice view of the incoming airplanes. haha

Normally planes are landing from the other direction. Starting planes directly turn right to the sea, so passengers have an amazing view at the harbour when flying over it. If you have a seat on the right side.... ;)

yup 09 is very rarely used... due to a crash in circa 2000. I've never landed on it, took off a couple of times from it though. The takeoff is spectacular, its very steep and you have to do a very steep right bank right over the docks... driving to the airport one night I seen the lights of a 737 takeoff, and they were literally... almost to the extent where the bank angle alarm would be going off...

Amazing screenshot Emilios, can't wait for this now :D

Think you are a tad low there Emlios. But I love the details. Superb.

Well I wouldn't bet on my piloting skills, but I did notice too much red coming from the end of the runway :)

..Never mind, sacrifices you have to make for a nice screen!

yup 09 is very rarely used... due to a crash in circa 2000. I've never landed on it, took off a couple of times from it though. The takeoff is spectacular, its very steep and you have to do a very steep right bank right over the docks... driving to the airport one night I seen the lights of a 737 takeoff, and they were literally... almost to the extent where the bank angle alarm would be going off...

Amazing screenshot Emilios, can't wait for this now :D

Mostly smaller props will use this approach, and from there you can enjoy this view thoroughly :) It is also often used in south-east windy days.

More to come soon

Airbus pilots call that a 'positive' landing, lol.

Actually Airbusses normally land a bit harder then Boeings, certainly when there is some turbulence. Not 100% sure why though.

Because Airbuses are flying computers, not proper aircraft. ^_^