Heraklion X preview (product released, topic closed)

They will remain a hot destination, both in reality and in flight simulation

This is (both) what I wholeheartedly wish to you and all my Greek friends! Salute_Smiley_Standard.gif

And talking about voting, I take on Skiathos, the European St Maarten

skiathos1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest cptawsom

The problem with Skiathos is, that with that runway length (around 1600m), not only it is somewhat difficult to land, but also you won't be able to take-off with anything more than an A319 or B737-700, with let's say 1/3 full of fuel (I am assuming full payload in passengers and cargo), and even then with "special" care (full brakes until throttle gets to 100%).

But for the rest, I agree. It is the Greek St. Maarten.

PS: As for Chania, I think it is a good choice. No ILS, but at least runway length even longer (marginally) than Rhodes (LGRP).

During busy periods, or arrivals with another aircraft right behind them do pilots not need to make good use of the aircraft brakes to be able to turn off to avoid backtracking? If thats true then Heraklion can make for some hard braking....

We strayed off a bit from LGIR, so here are some screens to bring us back :)

I usually like to post some early shots from our 3D environment, but is always better to see the actual thing is FS.

So here you go:

LGIR_TaxiElements.png

LGIR_MainTerminalinFS.png

LGIR_Zone1.png

• Upvote 4

I love the tiny details like e.g. the air-conditioners or the security cameras. applause.gif

As the holiday season is about to begin soon, this is going to be a really frequented FS destination!

Emilie, congratulations on your work so far! Just a tiny observation, your building is in a desparate need for a greek Λάμδα letter instead of that L!!

Yes, this is right!

Ι hope it is an easy thing to correct ;)

Emilie, congratulations on your work so far! Just a tiny observation, your building is in a desparate need for a greek Λάμδα letter instead of that L!!

Indeed it is..

Love your attention to detail ;)

Great preview!

Add Chania airport with Souda Bay in view and Im done! :D. I remember long time ago I was making my military service in the navy and at that time, it was summer, we were heading to Souda Naval Base with our ship for repairs. So imagine that! repairs that last around 4 months in summer time and in Creta! nice uh?!. During this time I was doing the most to take the opportunity to fly on the weekends back to Athens just for the 2 days and then fly back on Mondays catching the first flight in the morning with Olympic Airways with their classic Boeing 737-200. Great memories! :rolleyes:

Thank you Aerosoft giving me the opportunity to think all these sweet memories but don't forget Chania! :D

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

How is Heraklion progressing? :)

A really busy airport in the hottest part of Greece, with long history and a strong military component. Surely these take some time to faithfully reproduce ;)

Nevertheless, progress is really good at the moment with a lot of detail going in.

A few update screens will follow soon.

• Upvote 2

Woow, I usually seek previews of W-I-P not photos of the real airport!!

I liked that Hools Gate 4 graffiti, your attention to detail is amazing!

ΟΦΗ fans would be proud!!

Fabulous Job Emilie, keep going!