Heraklion X preview (product released, topic closed)

I just noticed another developer released a scenery for this airport yesterday. Doesn't look bad either, altough it's obvious Aerosoft can do better. If I wouldn't have known about this development, I think I would have bought it. Now I don't because I always choose the best scenery available, wich no doubt will be Aerosoft's. But you'll never hear me say it's not good enough except for the default scenery.

Still a shame, the same airport being developed twice. A waste of valuable development capacity. I think if Aerosoft would have known about this other scenery being developed before they started, they would have chosen another airport. Now the project is so far into development that there's no way back, the waste would be too big to throw everything away that has already been done.

Still a shame, the same airport being developed twice. A waste of valuable development capacity. I think if Aerosoft would have known about this other scenery being developed before they started, they would have chosen another airport. Now the project is so far into development that there's no way back, the waste would be too big to throw everything away that has already been done.

Had no idea about this, it's true, but in all honesty this would not change our plans at all. I do not see how, or why, we would drop this.

Besides, LGIR is the 2nd busiest in Greece, and certainly nice to see it being as popular in FS :)

Had no idea about this, it's true, but in all honesty this would not change our plans at all. I do not see how, or why, we would drop this.

Besides, LGIR is the 2nd busiest in Greece, and certainly nice to see it being as popular in FS :)

Hey Emilios, no need to concern about the heraklion releaseb by simbreeze. From the screenshots I can tell its definitely not up to the Corfu x standards. i had the corfu x and it definitely surpasses fsx payware scenery standards. I saw no drop in fps even running other aircraft addons. I think your heraklion will surpass simbreeze, based on the gound textures i saw and the terminal. Meanwhile, just focus on developing your scenery and Im sure it will come out great just like corfu, or even better! :D

-Matt

For my side looking at the quality definitely I will not waste my money for any other scenery & am sure no one will be disappointed.

Oh yes, not thinking one second about this other scenery, the screenshots say all about it. Very sad, this happened again. I hope this won't hurt your fantastic product too much!

You can count on my buy :glare_s:

Meanwhile, just focus on developing your scenery and Im sure it will come out great just like corfu, or even better! :D

-Matt

For my side looking at the quality definitely I will not waste my money for any other scenery & am sure no one will be disappointed.

Oh yes, not thinking one second about this other scenery, the screenshots say all about it. Very sad, this happened again. I hope this won't hurt your fantastic product too much!

You can count on my buy :glare_s:

Well..I think this about sums it up.

We can now resume after the pleasant break :)

• Aerosoft

We always announce projects as early as possible in these forums (and most of the time that ends up at other sites as well). But I also did not know about this other project. Does not really seem like competition though. They bought low end sat images for the ground (think it is GeoEye that BING maps also uses) and that really is the base for a good scenery these days. I would also be cautious about buying from a firm that has no working support structure. Just check out http://www.simbreeze.de/support.htm.

Sounds a bit negative but we are competing and we need to show our own strengths, lol.

• Upvote 1

Sounds a bit negative but we are competing and we need to show our own strengths, lol.

What this airport makes it special is the sloped runway :-) Have been there many times the first was in 1990 :-) Lot changed there lol

Hi Eric ,

Nope , I'm not joking. I stiil fly with my keyboard (not the easiest way). But someone has create an ILS for me for the Corfu approach. So , I can enjoy that scenery too.

You are correct with a joystick. But I prefer a B737-yoke. Not very cheap.

At this moment I'm in a divorce after 19 years of marriage. Not the most pleasant time in my life.

I believe you can imagine that I have to wait to spend some money on my sim.

Kindest regards ,

Tom.

Hi Tom,

I understand.

Sorry if I offended you.

Eric

Excellent job! I'm very happy to see another Greek airport in excellent quality after FlyTampa LGAV and of course LGKR and LGKO (don't have Santorini yet).

Guess LGTS should be the next step. IMO a very interesting terminal building...

• Upvote 1

Guest cptawsom
Guess LGTS should be the next step. IMO a very interesting terminal building...

I don't think there would be any point in making LGTS before the new extension on RWY 10/28 is completed (and that is, theoretically-speaking, scheduled to be towards the end of 2013).

Unless, they include the new extension in the addon before the real one is finished.

• Upvote 1

What about the same island but another airport? Chania would be a nice choice I think.

But first let's wait for Iraklion, then decide about the next project.

• Upvote 3

What about Mykonos LGMK and satellite scenery coverage of the whole island?

It is a worldwide-known summer destination with a really amazing approach!

It would be more or less a project like Corfu X, just smaller!

Just my POV.

:)

Wel then i would prepose these scenery`s for fs9 and fsx Chania, Kavala, Santorini, Kalamata, Skyros, Karpathos, Mytilene, Preveza.Chios, Limnos, Samos, Skiathos, Zakynthos, Thessaloniki, and Kefallonia

This is perhaps one of the few examples of good 'advertisement' that Greece has received lately.

Regardless of what the situation might be, Greek airports just can't lose their appeal. They will remain a hot destination, both in reality and in flight simulation ;).

• Upvote 3