Heraklion X preview (product released, topic closed)

Nearly similar graphics? Clearly you've never seen FSX in action. The FSX graphics are way better than FS2004, that's a fact.

I always thought that FS2004 was good enough for me.... until a year ago. Then I switched to FSX and I NEVER want to go back!

• Upvote 1

Nearly similar graphics? Clearly you've never seen FSX in action. The FSX graphics are way better than FS2004, that's a fact.

I always thought that FS2004 was good enough for me.... until a year ago. Then I switched to FSX and I NEVER want to go back!

I had that until I saw corfu X :wub:

@PatrickZ I often fly FSX and i DO LIKE the graphics but NOT the FPS. in FS9 I DO LIKE the graphics and the FPS. And I don't now which addons you used for FS9, but with HDEv2, REX, A good Anti Aliasing and some water tweaks you'll have a great FS9!

fs9 is is the past, let it go

FS9 is old, limited and not a viable platform anymore

the flying times for FS9 are over

invest it in new hardware so that you can run FSX

The FSX graphics are way better than FS2004, that's a fact

popcorn.gif

Is the popcorn tasting well?

No, it is tasting awful as it is 9 years old, so just let it go.

So rather invest in a new killer popcorn box and fill it with the 6 year old portion.

It tastes way better. that's a fact. ;)

• Upvote 1

OK guys I think it is time to call it ;)

The preview forum (my personal favourite) is here to give you the opportunity to have an extended 'peak' on what we are developing, and to give us the pleasure of hearing your thoughts about it. And above all it helps us make this project even better. I am very glad that this happened in development of Corfu X, and do hope that the same will happen with Heraklion X.

Regarding FSX/FS9 I can only say that we are developing a scenery that will use all that FSX has to offer, and that's a lot. This is the top priority.

But in this case we also aim for a version that will take advantage of everything that FS9 can do.

There is no point arguing on what each can do, I am sure you all know by now :) All we can promise is that the scenery will give you the best out of each version.

There are many things we can do in this topic to help make this project even better, but the FSX/FS9 discussion isn't one of them.

• Upvote 5

Emilie, will Heraklion X include the beautiful runway effects like in your Corfu X scenery?

I'm talking about the sun reflection and the rain effects.

For me, this was a very innovative idea and I loved it.

Thanks

Ευχαριστώ και καλή συνέχεια ;)

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok not true love, but it is valentines day afterall :D

I love Heraklion, personally flew in there around 15 times..... I will buy this 1000% Is it going to have AES??

Untill then :excellenttext_s::groupflip_s:

• Upvote 2

@PatrickZ I often fly FSX and i DO LIKE the graphics but NOT the FPS. in FS9 I DO LIKE the graphics and the FPS. And I don't now which addons you used for FS9, but with HDEv2, REX, A good Anti Aliasing and some water tweaks you'll have a great FS9!

So basically the problem with FSX are the FPS. I admit, out of the box that's a problem for me too. But not after tweaking my fsx.cfg file. I get 25 to 30 fps with the PMDG 737NGX on Mega Airport Amsterdam, while before tweaking this was at most 10 fps. So yes, it's neccesary to tweak in order to use FSX but after that it's good.

On FS2004, I used a whole bunch of add-ons and it still didn't look good enough for me. FSX looks better out of the box than FS2004 did with all the add-ons I used. And this can only improve.

• Upvote 1

Emilie, will Heraklion X include the beautiful runway effects like in your Corfu X scenery?

I'm talking about the sun reflection and the rain effects.

For me, this was a very innovative idea and I loved it.

Thanks

Ευχαριστώ και καλή συνέχεια ;)

It is definitely something I am going to work on, towards the end, and will most probably (again) be an optional feature through a scenery manager.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok not true love, but it is valentines day afterall :D

I love Heraklion, personally flew in there around 15 times..... I will buy this 1000% Is it going to have AES??

lol...

Can't see a reason why not :)

• Aerosoft

So basically the problem with FSX are the FPS. I admit, out of the box that's a problem for me too. But not after tweaking my fsx.cfg file. I get 25 to 30 fps with the PMDG 737NGX on Mega Airport Amsterdam, while before tweaking this was at most 10 fps. So yes, it's neccesary to tweak in order to use FSX but after that it's good.

On FS2004, I used a whole bunch of add-ons and it still didn't look good enough for me. FSX looks better out of the box than FS2004 did with all the add-ons I used. And this can only improve.

Gents let's close the FSX versus FS2004 topic here. No matter how you look at it, it's a loose-loose issue in a discussion like this.

Emilios will do a great job on either simulator, but there is a solid chance the FSX version will look better because it has a lot more options and there is a solid chance it will run better on some systems and worse on others.Talk to MS about that, not to us.

• Upvote 3

Dear Emilios ,

Please , can you help me and , perhaps , other flightsimmers too ?

You have created a very beautiful scenery with CorfuX. And I'm looking forward to your new Iraklion-project.

But , concerning CorfuX , I crash all the time during the landing. Even with the PMDG NGX. Due the fact I'm working with my keyboard.

Not pleasant. And I wish to enjoy a lot more of your scenery with a perfect landing.

Therefore my request.

Is it possible to create an extra optional file with an ILS for CorfuX (RWY36) and Iraklion (RWY ?) ? As a kind of an option/tool ?

Yes , I know , the real airports don't have an ILS-system , but for my FSX its gonna be a great help.

I'm looking forward to your answer.

Many thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely ,

Tom.

Can't see a reason why not :)

Thank you very much :) May get some charters in ;) Thanks for considering what I can safely say is my favourite rw airport (to date) out of interest when Mathijs mentions the surrounding area, how much of the surrounding area are you expecting? Im guessing that it will be Heraklion it'self :)

Thank you very much :) May get some charters in ;) Thanks for considering what I can safely say is my favourite rw airport (to date) out of interest when Mathijs mentions the surrounding area, how much of the surrounding area are you expecting? Im guessing that it will be Heraklion it'self :)

So far I can tell that we will cover those parts of Heraklion that fall within the approach path.

The extent to which the rest of Heraklion will be covered is not yet decided.

concerning CorfuX , I crash all the time during the landing. Even with the PMDG NGX. Due the fact I'm working with my keyboard.

Not pleasant. And I wish to enjoy a lot more of your scenery with a perfect landing.

Is it possible to create an extra optional file with an ILS for CorfuX (RWY36) and Iraklion (RWY ?) ? As a kind of an option/tool ?

Yes , I know , the real airports don't have an ILS-system , but for my FSX its gonna be a great help.

There is a freeware addon called "Airport Design Editor" which allows you to edit different things at airports, e.g. the ILS. Just google it and find a tutorial how to add the ILS, because I remember the program is not very easy to use at the beginning.

No, it is tasting awful as it is 9 years old, so just let it go.

So rather invest in a new killer popcorn box and fill it with the 6 year old portion.

It tastes way better. that's a fact. ;)

:lolsign_s: Awesome

• Upvote 1

"Airport Design Editor" cant be used as you cant open the file i use a nother program as there is a request and would try create it for corfu but plz keep it at the corfu post how ever i dont see the big problem not having a ils the AP could be used manualy by addjusting HDG and VS to help on the approach.

So far I can tell that we will cover those parts of Heraklion that fall within the approach path.

The extent to which the rest of Heraklion will be covered is not yet decided.

I've been to Crete about a dozen times so I know the approach to LGIR quite good from both sides (09 and 27). I would be more than willing to wait a bit longer and pay some euro's more if this means getting a larger high-detailed area in the neighbourhood of the approach path.

• Upvote 1

"Airport Design Editor" cant be used as you cant open the file i use a nother program as there is a request and would try create it for corfu but plz keep it at the corfu post how ever i dont see the big problem not having a ils the AP could be used manualy by addjusting HDG and VS to help on the approach.

Hi KAPTEJNLN ,

I've tried to create an ILS-path with ADE. Some months ago. But it is too complicated. Even with a downloaded manual.

But I'm pleased you gonna help me. Thanks a lot , mate !!!

And from now on , I will follow the results and messages at the Corfu post.

Kindest regards ,

Tom.