Assign Carb Heat to Axis

toby23

I'm training in a Katana in real life and am trying to set up the axes on my Saitek Throttle Quadrant to mimic real life i.e. left = carb heat, middle = throttle, right = prop rpm.

How do I assign the left axis to Carb Heat using a registered FSUIPC?

I have tried all the normal things to assign this control, including using the custom 4X commands, I can't get any to work properly.

Whatever I try, the carb heat stick either flies out of the hole and disappears or moves a bit and then freezes in the open position.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Toby

You'll need this screen of FSUIPC.

NfmZr.jpg

Then you set up two ranges, one for on and one for off. Then you assign the commands being sent when the ranges are active. I think the 4X_DA20-100.mcro file is installed by the Katana, so you can pick up a command from that macro. 85=L:BUTTON_CARB_HEAT=SET,1 may be a nice one and that 1 or 0 should trigger the on or off state.

For details on how to work with macros and how to assign them, check the FSUIPC docs. I'm using LINDA there, but this doesn't help you with the axis you are intending to use. So you have to stick to the FSUIPC menus for this.

For anyone else wondering how this works, I'll try to explain what I did to get it working.

In FSUIPC, in the tab 'Axis Assignment':

1. Move the lever that you want to use for Carb Heat to 50% and Click 'From'

2. Move the lever to 100% and Click 'To'

3. Check that the boxes 'Up' and 'Down' are ticked

4. Select 4X DA20-100: L:Button Carb Heat Set in the 'Control sent when range entered' window

5. Enter '0' in the Parameter window

6. Select 4X DA20-100: L:Button Carb Heat Set in the 'Control sent when range exited' window

7. Enter '1' in the Parameter window

See attached screenshot for how the window should look.

Thanks for your help CoolP,

Toby

post-17704-0-48738000-1328777650_thumb.p

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't he using the button version already? By the way, thanks for offering support on such features, Marcel.

The lever value should be L:LEVER_CARB_HEAT=SET, so maybe the above solution can indeed be tuned to support the lever directly, without the zones. I've never tried though.

Hello folks, I received my new saitek pro quadrant this morning, however, I have the same problem, can not assign carb heat to any lever. I've got registered FSUIPC, and able to assign all axis, buttons, some through FS input, some through Katana lua-plug in which I got it from somewhere, but do not remember where it came from :)

I even could not assign it as button, as Toby did it. If I assign carb heat to one lever, when I bring the lever to bottom, carb heat will shoot off from its place, and disappear :D It comes back when I bring lever to top.

Regards

If I assign carb heat to one lever, when I bring the lever to bottom, carb heat will shoot off from its place, and disappear :D It comes back when I bring lever to top.

Sounds funny. Can you screenshot that one in the disappear state? Might help Marcel.

I haven't tried the assignment stuff, but Toby's method with the ranges should work and uses the on/off variable, so no runaway lever. :lol: You just have to let FSUIPC find the right axis and then you do it like Toby has shown.

Range stuff just does not sound realistic, so I just assigned it to a button like before. It would be nice if I could assign a lever for it, but nevermind it isn't a big issue. I will try to take a screenshot later, when I find sometime.

Thanks for help. Regards.