no reverse thrust

bliksimpie

I have no clue how to fly this plane so shoot me down for what i am doing but after landing I hit F2 (reverse thrust) to stop this baby. You can definitely hear the reverse thrust kick in from the sound but I dont find that it actually slow down the plane at all. Runway speed just stay the same and the only noticeable little decrease that do happen after a long time seem to be the normal slowing of the plane.

Is reverse thrust simulated here or does it not work. This way of using reverse thrust on other P&W PT-6 engines seem to radically slow down those planes (yes I know these engines are not P&W PT-6, so that is why I am asking)

Any ideas? Should I be able to use reverse thrust or not on this plane.

Regards

Ok I found that when I am on ground after I loaded the plane the 1st time I use F2 (full reverse thrust) nothing happens - It is the same effect as if throttle has just been closed even though the sound tell a different story. Then I hit F1 to take it out of reverse thrust (throttle to Zero) and the second time onwards when I select F2 reverse thrust work 100% and I am actually going backwards.

It seem to be only a problem right after the plane has been loaded.

The sound and action is modeled exactly like the TPE-331 engine / prop setups I flew in Metros - the reverse in the various Metros did have a bit more thrust than here though - enough to instantly start reverse movement. The Bronco seems to take a few seconds to get moving backwards from a full stop.... Could be the way the props are rigged in the Bronco, I don't know.

Is that so mr Snave. Now who would have guessed that.

I did read the manual and yes I know first time is removing start latches. When you start the plane ready for taxi, it should nto be neccesary to remove start latches (well I dont think so because ready for taxi mean ready to fly and you should not have any need to remove start latches). I am not talking about start from cold and dark.

so please leave your comments for yourself if you dont know what you talking about.

I prefer not to have your snave attitude support.

You can always check the status of the start latches on the additional electrics popup if you are in doubt. However, if your problem only happens when landing, I doubt that any start latches were active on the flying before. You would have noticed otherwise.

Maybe the pronounced action of really being idle (F1) and then starting the reverse (F2) attempts helps. So far, she works here, though I did not measure any deceleration values.

You should be able to hear the sound from the propellers going into reverse and also be able to see Torque increasing slightly.

If You have hardware throttle(s) which aren´t assigne with an reverse range (FSUIPC) it is very important to bring the throttles fully back.

To be sure that they are in idel position press F1.

This is also often the reason why auto deployment of spoilers doesn´t work for alot of people on airliners.

Finn

Thanks Finn

I just fly the plane from "ready to taxi" but before takeoff I now just do a quick F2 and then F1 and then it always work when I get to land and have to use reverse thrust.

According to me when "ready to taxi" the startlocks must have been removed already as part of the "phase" Ready to taxi, as I do not experience any problem taking off and flying.

As I said after doing it once. It always work great and there is a really pronounce sound going in reverse thrust and I can see speed drop dramatically. if I do not do that and start plane ready to takeoff and just fly the first time I want to use it after landing, then there is no effect at all.

Anyway, I am so used to do it now as pre takeoff, it dont really bother me anymore.

Thanks again for an awesome plane

Start locks are removed when selecting "Ready for taxi" - You would find out if not as soon as attempting to taxi, since with start locks on the propeller blades are at full flat position i.e moving the power levers will not result in any kind of thrust.

I can´t see why "Ready for taxi" should be different from a manual startup, since what happens is exactly the same, just automated.

Finn