Show only CumulusX clouds?

RafaelK

Hei,

First of all, thank you very much for this nice pice of software. If been out now several times with friends to multiplayer flights in the bavarian alps and it was always heaps of fun. The thermiks in all our simulator were fitting perfectly and it was a really nice experience.

However, one question arose in me: Is it possible to tweak FSX or CumulusX somehow so that only CumulusX clouds are visible?

I'm using REX, some of my friends use plain FSX clouds. So there's always a lot of other cumulus clouds around without thermik. It's for sure thrilling to search for the right clouds. But I was wondering, if it would be possible to only show the CumulusX ones. Would make life a bit easier some times i guess.

best regards,

Rafael

Hi Rafael,

the quickest way to get to something like this is setting some weather without cumulus clouds and tick the "UnBlue" option in CumulusX!.

However, maybe what you want to do is to eliminate the standard FSX cumulus clouds, even when the weather reports says there are some. I believe, the only way doing so is by exchanging all cloud textures named "Cumulus..." by textures which are fully transparent. I think simply deleting them may not help, as it will only produce opaque rectangles in the sky with some default color.

best regards,

Peter