***** Aerosoft Bronco X Hotfix (Version 1.11) *****

Finn

Here is a Hotfix for the Bronco X (Version 1.11)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9351728/Aerosoft%20Bronco%20X%20Hotfix%20111.zip

Download and unzip into Your main FSX folder - You should be asked if You want to overwrite - answer YES to all.

Fixes:

-Low FPS when changing views - fixed

-Engine sound issue - fixed

-Gunsight power logic -> powered by Monitored DC bus, only available with at least one generator active or Groundpower connected

-2D pop ups default to 16:9 format (Inorder to change to 4:3 -> delete panel.cfg and rename Panel_4_3.cfg to panel.cfg in all 8 Bronco folders)

Best regards

Finn

• Upvote 1

Here is a Hotfix for the Bronco X (Version 1.11)

http://dl.dropbox.co...otfix%20111.zip

Download and unzip into Your main FSX folder - You should be asked if You want to overwrite - answer YES to all.

Fixes:

-Low FPS when changing views - fixed

-Engine sound issue - fixed

-Gunsight power logic -> powered by Monitored DC bus, only available with at least one generator active or Groundpower connected

-2D pop ups default to 16:9 format (Inorder to change to 4:3 -> delete panel.cfg and rename Panel_4_3.cfg to panel.cfg in all 8 Bronco folders)

Best regards

Finn

Great job Finn - thanks for your dedication!

One thing noted here is that engine sounds disappear when cycling views getting back to VC. All goes silent except warning sounds. If "sound on/off" (Q) is toggled, engine sounds go back on in VC.

Thanks

Dag

One thing noted here is that engine sounds disappear when cycling views getting back to VC. All goes silent except warning sounds. If "sound on/off" (Q) is toggled, engine sounds go back on in VC.

Thanks

Dag

This is an issue that has been there right from the first release.

The reason is that FSX sound system is rather porked (just read PMDG forum as well).

With turboprop engines it´s even worse.

The problem is that sometimes engine sounds are played though they are stopped or vice versa. Also fuelpump sounds etc. sometimes are played when they should not.

The fix is to toggle sounds Off/On with the "Q" key, which seems to re-sync the sound system.

On the Bronco these sound issues where very prominent at the start of the project, so the solution is to toggle sounds On/Off by purpose via code whenever it is sensed that engine combustion goes from on to off or from off to on.

You can actually see this when starting or shutting down the engines as a short red "SOUND ON" or "SOUND OFF" is diaplyed in the upper right corner.

Sometimes when changing views, FSX senses a short change of engine state, and thus my code toggles the sound off, but misses to toggle it back on again - something I cannot fix.

I´m sure You would not like the sounds if I did not toggle them ;)

The fix when it happens is simply to press the "Q" key to toggle sounds back on.

I´m sorry, but there seems no other way to fix this other than the way I did it.

Note!

You can actually hear the above mentioned bugs in other aircraft.

Try the King air or other addon aircraft and shut the engines down and restart, maybe You need to do that a few times, but at some point some odd sounds or missing sounds will occur.

I think that the issue with the fuel pump sound playing while it shouldn´t is the best known version of this issue.

Finn

Thanks for the heads up John !!

The installer is stil only 1.10 - customers will need to install 1.11 ontop of it.

I will notify the guys in Paderborn ;)

************** Edit ****************

Will be corrected later today

Finn

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

There's few days I bought the Aerosoft - Bronco X (1.11) and I would like to know if I must download installed this Hotfix for the Bronco X (Version 1.11) ?

A great thank's in advance for your assistance. Olivier

Hello,

There's few days I bought the Aerosoft - Bronco X (1.11) and I would like to know if I must download installed this Hotfix for the Bronco X (Version 1.11) ?

A great thank's in advance for your assistance. Olivier

I think that current installer version is 1.10 only, so - yes better install hotfix 1.11 over current installation - at least it won´t harm.

Finn

Hello Finn,

I would like to thank you for your assistance, in my order page it's seems that the version that I downloaded is the V 1.11 ?

Maybe that Aerosoft has publied the last version no ?

I bought my Bronco X from the website of Aerosoft...

Here I join you one copy of my order page:

6961828593_cea87535d2_b.jpg

Flinn can you help me to understand if I possess the last version ?

A great thank's again for your assistance. Olivier.

You should have the latest version then - but as I said - it does no harm overwriting current isnatll with the 1.11 hotfix files.

You can also go here:

C:\...Your install path...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Bronco X\

Open the readme.txt and look for the History where 1.11 should be mentioned.

Finn

Hello dear Finn,

Once again a great thank's for your assistance, I've follow your explanations and yes I possess well the V1.11.

I've open my readme and I've could read:

HISTORY:

1.00 online release

1.10 full build with all models

1.11 small fix for sound issues and low framerate on view change

So I can say to the future persons who will buy this addon that the last version is available to the download...

Once again a great thank's for your help and the great quality of this addon, best regards.

Olivier

Open the readme.txt and look for the History where 1.11 should be mentioned.

Finn

I believe this only occurs if you have the 1.11 install via the full installer. I have installed the patch from the link above and it does not modify the readme.txt.

I believe this only occurs if you have the 1.11 install via the full installer. I have installed the patch from the link above and it does not modify the readme.txt.

Thats correct !!

Finn

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from the aerosoft store, I read your marketing of the Bronco X, and Lucky you nobody within the euro community has complained YET. You are still showing the NASA version in your promo so if you say it, then it must be true..... perhaps you should remove this from your marketing, or even better, put a box on top of the cockpit of the training model...add a 5 foot pitot to the port nose of the aircraft and viola, you have a NASA Bronco.