Strange anomaly ver. 1.10 - FPS

DagR

Hello,

I have seen posts on the SOH forum about FSX lockups etc. and can assure you I have not experienced that yet.

I do, however, have another issue. I have a saved flight with the OV-10 which I load every time I fly it. This is loaded from the VC. I have, from past experience, found that all the "programmed gadgets" are loaded when in the VC and not say Spot view, for instance. All this is good, and I usually open the check list to set "ready for taxi" (I am a lazy bastard). When all this is done I sometimes go to spot or any other external view to have a look at the beauty I'm set to fly. Here's where the fun starts; when I go to say spot view the FPS goes from "way up there" to approx 1-2 FPS, Now that I find strange. I have the same issue wheter on the ground or in the air, with at least 2 models (AF ferry and Marine CAS have been tested). After a while, not sure how long, this anomaly evaporates and all is back to normal, real good FPS in all view modes. I have not loaded the aircraft from spot view but I understand those with lock up problems have.

Any ideas ?

Apart from that, I want to thank everyone involved for this great addon, a masterpiece in every respect.

On the repaint kits; they could have been better with respect to compatibility towards other editors. Many special effects from the latest versions of Photoshop have been used and these will not show up correctly in say Corel Photo Paint X5. Now there's a kick in the butt for me to start using/learning PS if I should ever "de-retire" as a paint splatterer.

Best

Dag

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Dag,

The FPS problem that you describe is known and will be fixed in the 'hotfix' that will be released soon, probably by tomorrow.

A workaround in the meantime is to flip a switch in the VC, for instance the external light switch. After this the fps will be normal again.

I knew what you talking about. I load the plane in VC view

Once loaded. I immediately "Reset" the plane :menu: Fight \ reset

This seem to solve the issue for me. So from I got this to work for me, I always load and then reset. Standard practice for me. Never ever I got this issue again.

Okay, thanks much ;-)

The easiest way workaround for me is to load the plane just as you have described - first thing to do then is to turn off and on the External light / Landing light switch ...