Fuel Pressure Warning Light

Coban

Coban, thanks for filling in your profile it sure makes it easier for us to know who we're dealing with!

There are two separate options for displaying VOR data. Not only that `hated` GPS, which can also feed the VOR gauge (and which can be swapped out for the Realty XP) but also the KX125 combined Comm/Nav unit. Manual 9 starting at 9.1 gives all the details - how to display BRG, RAD or CFI information on the unit as well as the guage.

Turning on the radio is, as Bernd says, exactly as in the real deal, which I fly. and yes it is a little fiddly in real life, especially if you have gloves on..! So forgive me if tell you that what you are seeing is `realSIM` and `realISM` working in perfect harmony!

Surely if you have experience with the Airbus you are more than familiar with that concept!! :glare_s:

As it is, the on-off function is something you only use once per flight normally, so it's performed as a mouse drag, whereas `ident` is something you might want several times in every flight, so take the simpler left:right mouse click option - again the Avionics manual has full details.

It's the perennial problem of multi-function buttons but FSUIPC can be used to provide key commands, as indeed can the basic FSX control options.

As for the towbar, this is a sign that either the saved flight has become confused, or that the last session was not ended correctly, Again the manual has details on the Initiation Window which provides menu options for configuring the Katana at the start of each session. Use it, then save that flight and that should ensure you can launch the next time without the confusion.

But with all these things `missing` I am siding with Bernd that what you have is a faulty installation, brought about by the OS, and nothing to do with a buggy addon.

Have you disabled UAC? Installed FSX on its own dedicated partition? Was the Katana X installed in Safe Mode, or with Administration privileges?

Guys, I've got a FSX dedicated pc, no virus no malware and updated fully. As Bernd mentioned, I do not receive any error during the dowload, and anti virus program AVG 2012 free edition disabled (by unchecking resident shield option) during the dowloand and install. I never use windows security softwares, including firewall. UAC disabled, and FSX folder is in C: so address is C:/FSX. I do right click on exe and choose run as administrator to install. I do activate it during install, I have launcher installed, but never use it. I will delete it this time, perhabs it is the cause. Before unistall I first reset data, then restart PC, using advanced system care pro, clean all registry and stuff before fresh install. But the thing is, I installed FSX from deluxe CD with SP1 and SP2, I have accelerator CD, but did not want to install it, as it would take more space. So I download service packs separately. But only this addon I have issues, so I don't think FSX setup is causing it. Okay I guess I can assign a key for radio button through FSUIPC, but radio does not work at all. I checked forums, and saw a post by Bernd, saying Radio may malfunction if addon is in Simple state. I will make a proper uninstall again, and a very carefull install, then will choose only Realistic option, let see if things get solved. I will report back. Cheers

Bernd and Simon, thanks a lot, and sorry for all rambling you heard from me. Apparently, I fixed many issues, the solution came with choosing Realistic mode. Now, things work as like they supposed to. You may think, why I would choose Simple mode, and try to maintenance aircraft in first place, because I just wanted to learn how things work first, then wanted to use Realistic mode. But, in Simple mode, Radio will not work, and you can't learn maintenance settings because they will not work properly. Nevermind, I already learnt lots of stuff, now flying in Realistic mode, and love the aircraft.

As sorted abnormal behaviours of the addon, I would like to ask few more question related to system depth. Hope you will keep helping me.

First, what is the Emergency Locator Transmitter, and how to use it ? Manual 4 page 5, refer this, but I couldn't understand it.

Second, on walkaround, I see Stall warning and Pitot Static Probe needs attention, but I couldn't find a way to inspect, or maintenance them.\

Also, wondering something about addon data. First I start a session with ultra light, and turn all switches off, then choose Katana, it was cold and dark. In settings I chose Dark and Cold initiate option. I saved that flight. Now, I can load that flight, and it is in cold and dark state, but what I am wondering is, in realistic mode, do I need to park somewhere before quiting flight ? Becuase sometimes I just land and quit FS. In this case, how this wearing and damaging affects going on ? Thanks

Edit : I still really having hard times to turn the radio on. In FSUIPC, I could not find a command to turn radio on ( the command list came with Katana included ). Have you got any idea how to assign it in FSUIPC ? or should I ask this in FSUIPC forums ? by the way, I've got registered version of FSUIPC.

I guess the checklist is taken from a real Katana - you don't have to deal with the ELT in this simulation, there will be no rescue team charging you if you crash... ;)

All you need to do is click on the stall warning and Pitot probe... - if you like the sound you can keep the mouse button pressed on the stall warning to enjoy the sound of the horn...

I'm not sure if you need to park your Katana before quitting the FS. I sometimes also just quit after taxiing from the runway - without any penalty yet (clocked about 100 hrs Hobbs time). If you park before quitting please make sure to switch the Avionics Master to Off before shutting down the engine!

In the walkround one normally checks that the stall warning in the leading edge is free and loose with a finger or pen, and that the pitot tube is free of ice, insects and grime - you can do this with a little suck if you love your airplane that much (but ALWAYS only when no-one is watching...)

DSC_0090.JPG

As even this depth of simulation has yet to come up with a SimSuck addon (my God, it's the ultimate - Aerosoft? Get right on it!), the solution here is simply to click a mouseclick on them when doing the walkround - the stall will actually sound off as Bernd notes if you suck on it long enough!

LoL thanks for the info. By the way, SimSuck addon is a very good idea :)

Last question guys, when do you retract flaps after take off ? In my experience, after take off, reached 600ft, reduce Prop RPM to 2200, but then speed goes down to 50. But I guess I need something around 60 with T/O flaps. I can just retreat flaps and reach 65knt, but manual says you retreat flaps when reach cruise altitude.

The 100-horse Rotax is only approved for 5-mins max at t/o (full) power, but max continuous is actually only few hp shy of max, at about 95hp.

Because of this, and mindful of the relatively low Vfe of 81 knots, I normally do the after take-off power and prop reduction to 2,400rpm (2,200 is too low, that's more a low cruise setting), reduce climb angle until 70 kts at 1,000 AGL, then retract flaps. As Piper Pilot mentions, using 500 ft AGL to commence this is pretty consistent.

Generally in lower density altitudes it isn't necessary to use the full five minutes, and the flaps are there more to reduce the airspeed of the very clean airframe in approach and landing rather than provide increase in lift at take-off, so think of flaps as a tool for Vx rather than Vy. Unless you need the down-range obstacle clearance, you reduce power and prop then lower the nose to gain the speed immediately, and retract flaps before Vfe.,.

If you think of it on a time schedule, with an initial `dirty` climb out of about 700 ft/min full power, five minutes would get you to 3,500 feet even without flap retraction. The problem with doing it the other way round (flaps first, then power) is that full power and the clean airframe can lead to a near-miss with Vfe unless you keep a close eye on the IAS, pr raise the nose - and that's the last thing you want to be doing when you should be `eyes out` on initial climb..!

The 100-horse Rotax is only approved for 5-mins max at t/o (full) power, but max continuous is actually only few hp shy of max, at about 95hp.

Because of this, and mindful of the relatively low Vfe of 81 knots, I normally do the after take-off power and prop reduction to 2,400rpm (2,200 is too low, that's more a low cruise setting), reduce climb angle until 70 kts at 1,000 AGL, then retract flaps. As Piper Pilot mentions, using 500 ft AGL to commence this is pretty consistent.

Generally in lower density altitudes it isn't necessary to use the full five minutes, and the flaps are there more to reduce the airspeed of the very clean airframe in approach and landing rather than provide increase in lift at take-off, so think of flaps as a tool for Vx rather than Vy. Unless you need the down-range obstacle clearance, you reduce power and prop then lower the nose to gain the speed immediately, and retract flaps before Vfe.,.

If you think of it on a time schedule, with an initial `dirty` climb out of about 700 ft/min full power, five minutes would get you to 3,500 feet even without flap retraction. The problem with doing it the other way round (flaps first, then power) is that full power and the clean airframe can lead to a near-miss with Vfe unless you keep a close eye on the IAS, pr raise the nose - and that's the last thing you want to be doing when you should be `eyes out` on initial climb..!

Thanks a lot Snave. Very helpful and well explained.