FSC9 ignoring NATRACKS when building high alt plan

august78

This is really bugging me. I want to fly from Europe to the US, and using current NATRACKS. After downloading the tracks, I select track A. Everything ok so far. I then select the SID and STAR. Finally, I want FSC9 to build the rest of my flight plan. I click High Alt Plan. Everything except SID and STAR is erased, and it takes me along a route close to the south pole....

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a programming oversight?

NATracks are subject to a number of restrictions, most importantly they are restricted to an altitude range of FL 290 up to and including FL 400. There are furthermore time restrictions; that is, certain tracks are in effect only at specific times.

FlightSim Commander allows you to download and display NATracks and to insert them into a flight plan.

To download the currently valid NATrack file, choose Tracks NATrack Download NATrack. Of course, an internet connection must be available, if you wish to download the relevant file. Note furthermore that currently the only available website for downloading the NAtrack file is a secure website which you have to explicitly choose. Therefore downloading the NATrack file cannot occur completely in the background; rather, when you choose the relevant menu item, a website will appear prompting you to press a button to gain access to the relevant page. As soon as the NATrack page appears on the screen, you have to save it under the name suggested by default (dont change it) to your FSC\Database directory.

The currently valid NATrack URL is saved in fsc.ini, so you can manually edit this file in case there are any address changes in the future. Check the Downloads card of the Options Window for further detail.

To display NATrack routes, choose Tracks NATrack Show Routes. The routes will be shown as in the above screenshot. Each track line has its name shown as well as little arrows to show the tracks direction.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

→The procedure to insert a NAtrack into a flight plan is the same as for any other waypoint (or sequence of waypoints). First you have to choose the insertion point in the flight plan table. Click on the waypoint row after which you wish to have the track inserted. Then click with the right mouse button roughly in the vicinity of the word “Track” of the track you wish to add to your flight plan.

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Note that FlightSim Commander does not check your selection for correctness or even plausibility. So if you decide to use Track A for going to Europe or if you have chosen a “crazy” waypoint for entering or leaving the chosen track, this is your own responsibility.

If you are planning a transatlantic flight, the most reasonable way would be to first choose the proper NATrack and then complete the route from your departure to the point of entry and from the exit point to your destination either manually or automatically. But, of course, you are free to do it the other way around.

Note furthermore that NATrack waypoints are treated in the same way as all other waypoints (and are thus different from SID and STAR waypoints). Therefore you can freely delete individual waypoints and you can also insert further waypoints into a NATrack.

PACOTs (Pacific Organized Tracks) are the Pacific counterpart to the North Atlantic Tracks. Both types of tracks are treated in an analogous fashion. To download the current PACOT file choose Tracks Pacot Download Pacot. To display them on the map choose Tracks Pacot Show Routes.

To insert a PACOT into a flight plan you proceed in exactly the same way as with NATracks.

Hmm your replies are not answering my questions. I am not having trouble downloading or adding natracks. My problem is when I request FSC9 to automatically "fill in the blanks" with high alt plan (the blanks being from the last point of the SID to the entry point of the NATrack, and from the exit point of the NATrack to the first point of the STAR). It makes completely irrate suggestions taking me from the London area all the way down to the Canarie islands and up again to the entry point of NATrack A which is just south west of Ireland.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, how can we know what you know/have down in detail" That's the reason why I asked 2 questions! :rolleyes:

But if you know better, then don't ask! OK?

To clarify further: I initially didnt select the last waypoint of the SID in the flightplan before hitting "high alt plan", and so my choosen natrack was erased. By highlighting the last point of the SID, FSC9 keeps the natrack as a part of my FP, but it still doesnt give me a good route from the sid to the entry of nat a.

My flightplan looks like this

[sID] ?????????????? [NATRACK A] ????????????? [sTAR]

Im using the button "High Alt Plan" to fill inn the [?], but it makes irational choices in regards to getting me from the SID to the entry of TRACK A adding 400nm of extra detour to get there.

Well, how can we know what you know/have down in detail" That's the reason why I asked 2 questions! :rolleyes:

But if you know better, then don't ask! OK?

Snappish... If you dont know the answer, dont reply...

Hi Anonymous,

Snappish... If you dont know the answer, dont reply...

This is not a qualified answer to a reasonable question.

The answer to your question you can find in the 138 pages thick manual.

Read the chapter 16, NATracks and PACOTs, from page 99, paragraph Adding a NATrack to a flight plan until page 103.

On these pages, step by step to create a flight plan is described and explained. The screenshots support the information.

And next time a little more polite.

Volker

Thanks for the replies, but I dont see how I was being rude? He was in fact being rude to me. I didnt say I knew better than him, yet he told me in not so many words to shut up ("if you know better, dont ask"). Besides - he didnt ask a question. He told me to shut up. I responded because its not up to him to tell me that. In fact I responded with more info and examples in the posts above. To be honest I didnt see his post with the question of reading the manual and giving an example. My post was aimed at Maddz. I gave an example of my problem already, and yes I have read the manual.

Im a paying customer, and I have bought several aerosoft products over the years. Please treat me with some of the respect you yourself are entitled.

With that said, thanks for the response.

• Deputy Sheriffs
Besides - he didnt ask a question.

1. What is this? These were two simple questions you could have answered. But how did you come back? :rolleyes:

2. You're telling us different things: in your first post you're talking about a route from Europe to US taking you to the south pole. In your second post you're talking about a route from London to ???? taking you to the Canaries. So what? Just because of this I got the impression you didn't read the manual. ;)

3. Instead of just answering simple questions and giving us an example to reproduce your problem, you start complaining about the rudness of others.

So sit down, think a little bit about how to ask for support and come back and I (or others) will try to help you. ;)

Actually I already got my help from a norwegian fs forum (not related to aerosoft). Maybe its a cultural thing (english is not my native language), but I will be hard pressed to return to this forum.

The problem still persists that FSC9 makes some bad choices sometimes when using high alt plan. I am following the steps in the manual to build the route. Its not a very big problem because I can manually correct it and delete unneeded waypoints. Its just something for the developers to concider in a SP or future build.

If you arent interested in this feedback, which your tones signal, then thats that.

Sincerely,

Andreas S.

Actually I already got my help from a norwegian fs forum (not related to aerosoft). Maybe its a cultural thing (english is not my native language), but I will be hard pressed to return to this forum.

The problem still persists that FSC9 makes some bad choices sometimes when using high alt plan. I am following the steps in the manual to build the route. Its not a very big problem because I can manually correct it and delete unneeded waypoints. Its just something for the developers to concider in a SP or future build.

If you arent interested in this feedback, which your tones signal, then thats that.

Sincerely,

Andreas S.

As its not 100% infallible in making choices then the best way would probably be to add the waypoints manually or just edit out the bad ones and enter new ones as replacements.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And the reason why this "unusual" kind of route is generated can be found here. And there is nothing that can be done by FSC to avoid this. The algorythm used in FSC to generate routes can't cover every possible scenario.