CDF Hemet-Ryan Repaint

araig

Just got to make a few more tweaks to this one and then I'll make her available to all.

Thanks to all the guys involved in the repaint kit. Was a joy to use :)

post-1357-0-37287700-1328331625_thumb.jp

Just got to make a few more tweaks to this one and then I'll make her available to all.

Thanks to all the guys involved in the repaint kit. Was a joy to use :)

Outstanding... 2 down 13 togo vtw this is roundup week at Ryan, all will be in for summer fire season planning, before heading off to their respective positions...

Outstanding... 2 down 13 togo vtw this is roundup week at Ryan, all will be in for summer fire season planning, before heading off to their respective positions...

Just uploaded the repaint to both avsim and flightsim.com so should be published tomorrow.

post-1357-0-49048200-1328409119_thumb.jp

post-1357-0-65079700-1328409150_thumb.jp

post-1357-0-16704800-1328409169_thumb.jp

Don't misread what I am about to tell you gentlemen, but PLEASE STUDY YOUR OBJECT B4 you paint, if you goto www.cdf.gov/aviation and look at the photos they give... even better google Calfire OV-10A (left pane select images), you will see an abundant amount of photos of the CDF old paint, and new to see you are missing a couple of items, I will not tell you what they are..... do not get angry..... take this as a learning lesson. I think you have done a marvelous job so-far don't let a couple errors sour you... If I had, I would have been dead at age 24 p.s. It could be an error in the PSD, or original paint. Johnny

All that's changed from the original Aerosoft version is the registration number, nose number and home base. I used my own reference photos for both but did not concentrate on any changes beyond those aforementioned. If you care to elaborate then I may change things but unfortunately I don't have time to search for every nuance.

it is not a small nuance..........What you paint on one side, you paint on the other, the sponsons (Engine House) outter is black, so should the inside ? check it out..........

it is not a small nuance..........What you paint on one side, you paint on the other, the sponsons (Engine House) outter is black, so should the inside ? check it out..........

Sorry sir, but as others have pointed out that's not always the case. Here's one of my own photos I used for reference, that clearly shows the inside of the sponson is white on this particular aircraft at this particular time. As you know we can't repaint every livery this aircraft has ever worn and so I chose to repaint it as I saw it. Should I get to a repaint where the reference photos show black on the inside of the sponson I'll be sure to paint it that way. I hope you will enjoy both versions!

post-1357-0-58849600-1328549661_thumb.jp

Makes sense to me ddeuce, I was just pointing out that the first two photos I found were in fact not painted on both sides and here's another googled using the N400DF http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/Photo.php?5318 The only thing I found painted as you'd expect was a Tracker http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/Photo.php?5312

Either way, great looking re-paint!

N414DF heading to the download section soon. Once again I have used my own reference photographs for this repaint. Taken on 08/18/2007 this aircraft did not carry black markings on the inside of the sponsoons and it also did not carry any home base markings. Thus that is how she is presented in this repaint.

Also available from avsim and flightsim.com shortly.

post-1357-0-93629800-1328577510_thumb.jp

post-1357-0-51919400-1328577520_thumb.jp

I spoke with the director of maintenance services @ Hemet-Ryan last evening, and confirmed the transition date for NEW schemes to be complete 12/10/12. New scheme will be CalFire, not CDF, also ALL aircraft will be universal one part fits all due to lack of tool dies available for the OV-10A, CalFire just received 4 more airframes from Venezuela, (4 Blade Lycomb Engines) ought to be nice............ Great paint anyway araig !

As of 10/11/2006 all paint schemes are universal, if they are not, then they are incomplete (funding) 20122612724812.jpg

20122612731531.jpg

I dont believe you are correct that the black stripe is on both sides of the sponson. I have the offical paint guides for the OV-10 from CAL FIRE on the new paint design and they are as shown on araigs paint.

Nice paint but if you would like it to be more correct then the font for CAL FIRE on the tail and numbers is Arial Black.

I dont believe you are correct that the black stripe is on both sides of the sponson. I have the offical paint guides for the OV-10 from CAL FIRE on the new paint design and they are as shown on araigs paint.

Nice paint but if you would like it to be more correct then the font for CAL FIRE on the tail and numbers is Arial Black.

That is fine that you do have the pdf..... Read from the website posting about the new scheme when 410 was re-dedicated... "Funding Notwithstanding" califonia has the 5th largest airforce in the world........ and a deficit as large as far as my selection of fonts..... oooops ! I meant to use aeriel round (proper) sponsons are correct, if you are in California, take a ride from wherever you are and drive to Porterville. The pilot that died in the CDF 410 was a friend. When the replacement was painted before the dedication she had ONLY outter stripes, but a bad prop bearing put her into retrofit, and at that time it was decided to repaint the booms to standout... thus she does.... (i believe she was in Rio Linda when the engine failed) I take full blame for you thinking I may have said something negative to araigs repaint... I do not and will not condemn anothers work... on the contrary... quite good work. p.s. I would like to know the date and version of the paint book you have ?

I take full blame for you thinking I may have said something negative to araigs repaint... I do not and will not condemn anothers work... on the contrary... quite good work.

Thanks but I can't take much credit, all I've done is renumber and rename. 99.9% of the credit has to go to the original Aerosoft artist.

That is fine that you do have the pdf..... Read from the website posting about the new scheme when 410 was re-dedicated... "Funding Notwithstanding" califonia has the 5th largest airforce in the world........ and a deficit as large as far as my selection of fonts..... oooops ! I meant to use aeriel round (proper) sponsons are correct, if you are in California, take a ride from wherever you are and drive to Porterville. The pilot that died in the CDF 410 was a friend. When the replacement was painted before the dedication she had ONLY outter stripes, but a bad prop bearing put her into retrofit, and at that time it was decided to repaint the booms to standout... thus she does.... (i believe she was in Rio Linda when the engine failed) I take full blame for you thinking I may have said something negative to araigs repaint... I do not and will not condemn anothers work... on the contrary... quite good work. p.s. I would like to know the date and version of the paint book you have ?

Here is a picture that shows the inside of the sponson is not painted black like my Cal Fire paint guide shows. You may have the correct font for the nose numbers but not on the N number or Cal FIre name or number on the tail or under the elevator. Im only saying more research should have been done if your trying to get it correct like you mentioned in the begining of this thread.

KGrHqJHJDQE7yVyuMBPCjLoQtl60_3vb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...