Bronco 1.10 3d Engine Sound Problem

Buzz313th

a system specific issue? i don't notice the sound imbalance with tir when changing viewing direction.

Not entirely a system specific issue...

The problem is that the entry Rotation= 1, -1 porkes up the FSX sound system. For some of us (myself included) it´s barely audible, but if You listen very closly as You pan back and forth looking at each engine from the VC, You will find that there is no soundcone for the right engine - thus it also sounds a tad more silent than the left engine.

It seems though that this sound issue is exaggerated on some systems and for some even silnces the right engine entirely.

What I found through searching the internet, is that the function "Rotation, x, x" was inroduced to FS whith Combat flight simulator ( i did not notice which version). It also worked on FS9 (FS2004), but seems to have become flawed with FSX.

Some has reported that the engine set to -1 will have a wrong calculation of it´s RPM, thus the propeller becomes jerky, this would also afect the sound.

But on the Bronco we have done our own Propeller RPM code, thus You won´t see any difference, but the sound is still driven by the internal FSX RPM.

The above is only my personal theory, but by removing the Rotation entry from the Aircraft.cfg seems to fix the sound.

The entry was made as one of the last things before release, therfore it seems to have slipped past quality control ;)

In the intial 1.00 version we did not have the entry.

For correctness I need approval by John, our Flight model developer, that removing the line again is Ok.

Finn

And for the benefit of others who might come to find a solution to the same problem, perhaps you might share what you did to fix it, rsgunner...

Thanks Finn, the quick fix seems to have fixed it, er, quickly! :excellenttext_s:

Snave

It was a sort issue looking at the split screen in windows explorer. Right side was set for sort on date and the left side had alphebetical seetings. AS I edited each one on the right side it then would show up on the left side. Thay all were showing in FSX. It was a simple housekeeping issue.

Now if I can find a US Navy variant.

Russ

The hotfix has been uploaded to the beta testers for testing.

Since I need approval for release, it will probably not be available before tomorrow.

Finn

Snave

It was a sort issue looking at the split screen in windows explorer. Right side was set for sort on date and the left side had alphebetical seetings. AS I edited each one on the right side it then would show up on the left side. Thay all were showing in FSX. It was a simple housekeeping issue.

Now if I can find a US Navy variant.

Russ

Understood, thanks buddy, added to the accumulated knowledge pool!