initial observation

ddeuce

Just a tad disappointed.... not a great performance improvement: Training bird 50%fuel, best climb rate w/out loss of momentum 1450fpm........ rated @2300fpm, engine heatup time too fast.... No rear PIT.... no taxi switch for CDF wing, much less light itself........ total red gunsight....maybe good for fast mover, but this bird, Red filter was short for Infrared (night only), green for day,..... could go on and on but I won't.......... just goes to show, you can satisfy some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time. leave it at that :confused_s: still give it a 3.25 grade

Kind of inevitable you would be disappointed after all your sleepless anticipation since the inital release but try not to be too negative! The paintkit is avaialble now too so, knock yourself out :)

Hmmm

It was actually Ddeuce who told us that using the red gunsight would be Ok.

It has never been a secret that the observer station wouldn´t be modelled - so it should not come as an surprice.

I´m not sure about:

. not a great performance improvement: Training bird 50%fuel, best climb rate w/out loss of momentum 1450fpm........ rated @2300fpm..

As told elsewhere we have used data from NASA and got the final flighmodel approved by the pilot from the German Bronco demo team - maybe performance was different.

But I´m still happy that he grades it 3.25, as long as it isn´t 3.25 out of 10.00 :)

Finn

Finn

I'd go for 3.25 out of 3.26. I think my main concern is the sound, while the rest is well done (me is no rw driver) and doesn't eat any fps here.

The paintkit is avaialble now too so, knock yourself out :)

I double that. ddeuce, head for some more paints, please. Would be much appreciated.

While I can't speak for the other concerns, I can address the rate of climb. We did not use NASA data for anything related to thrust; that data was pulled directly from the flight manual (which was actually quite good). Unfortunately, I think this is a case where I can't confirm the problem. I tried to setup a similar flight, with centerline tank with a 50% total fuel load. This put the aircraft at a gross weight of 9,950lb. In the attached picture you'll see a bunch of numbers, and I'll do my best to point out the ones of interest.

(Yellow Box) - I have 237Gal of Fuel. Half of 252 Gal of internal fuel plus half of a 150Gal external tank would be 201Gal, so I'm running a little heavy,

(Magenta Box) - This tallies up for a gross weight of 9,943lbs

(Red Box) - You'll see my climb speed is 128KIAS. Climb matrix is this: Sea Level (0 Drag) 134KIAS, 5,000ft (0 Drag) 129; Sea Level (50 Drag) 127KIAS, 5,000ft (0 Drag) 123. I'm at roughly 2,350ft with centerline tank, which gives me a drag index of 14. Interpolating the above, and the recommended climb speed is 129KIAS. So I'm pretty close to where I should be (and undeniably nerdy).

(Blue Box) - I'm running at 1,713ft-lbs of torque on Engine 1 and a little more on Engine 2, but still less than the 1,878ft-lbs rated at military thrust.

(Red Box) - My climb speed is ~2,120ft/min

(Brown box) - I have a Newtonian (NET) thrust of 39lbs (Think F=m*a), which means I'm accelerating very, very slowly.

All added up; I'm a little heavy with the weight and little low on the power delivery, but still pretty close to your rated 2,300fpm. So, I would that hopefully all you need is a restart and the problem should heal itself. However, it is worth noting for the non OV-10 pilots reading this, that as the weight goes up with a full fuel load, this number will drop noticeably.

post-8263-0-10274400-1328324358_thumb.jp

I gave the score 3.25 out of 4.0 grade system...just like you got in school....jcagle dunno what you were in @ the time, but you need to reedo the VM2= calculas again. with my setup, I corrected this by jacking up the numbers in the .cfg file i.e. Torque allowed.... may not be real, but then again neither is flightsim.... dropped the temp 50 degrees C, all is well. Stefen I told you "Good job on the reticle,,,and it is, just no switching to green. too sick to say more........... later

to reinterate: what you guys have done is tantemount to something spactacular in building this aircraft, it is not your fault, you have not had the experience to actually drive this bird, perhaps it was I who expected too much in too short of time.... Their are alot of gentlemen out there who have had the experience........ who WILL tell you A Job Well Done. Need I say more. Thank you again from the heart.

• Upvote 1