I think the should be a good chance for teaming up these two great products.

AES is unique in animating jetways and GSX has great potential in custom animations - even on standard airports.

It would be great if both products could be changed in a way to cooperate and used together (could be a win/win for both) - looking in the different forums thats what a majority of users would like to have

Happy landings

Juergen

I think the should be a good chance for teaming up these two great products.

AES is unique in animating jetways and GSX has great potential in custom animations - even on standard airports.

It would be great if both products could be changed in a way to cooperate and used together (could be a win/win for both) - looking in the different forums thats what a majority of users would like to have

Happy landings

Juergen

I agree with you, both products have great features, and if both products work together it will be awesome. I plan on supporting both GSX and AES because they both bring things into the sim that the other one does not have for example GSX does not support Jetways like AES yet, and AES does not realisticly turn the nose wheel like GSX does on push back. And its for that simple fact that i will continue to use both products also AES supports jetway movement at FlyTampa and other sceneries that don't employ FSX default jetways. Personally i think it should be up to the end user if they weather they want to use GSX and AES together or separately. not the developer.

Both products work together very nicely, provided you're using an aircraft that is defined internally by GSX. If you want to use the GSX luggage loader, for example, just disable the rear cargo door in AES and you'll still get the loader for the front door. Same with the left rear airstairs... If you prefer the GSX model, just disable that door in AES.

Note that this won't work if GSX has to read the intelliscene file for the door data

Both products work together very nicely, provided you're using an aircraft that is defined internally by GSX. If you want to use the GSX luggage loader, for example, just disable the rear cargo door in AES and you'll still get the loader for the front door. Same with the left rear airstairs... If you prefer the GSX model, just disable that door in AES.

Note that this won't work if GSX has to read the intelliscene file for the door data

Good thinking - particularly as GSX is supporting lot's of aircraft types by now (and I LOVE those AES Jetways!!).

Gotta try this...

Happy Landings

Juergen

Good day friends.

I just tried GSX for free on an FSDT airport. I do not see the need for this if all you want is to see baggage loaded. It is very nice to see but not a great selling point if you already have AES. The catering trucks show real names on the trucks. I do not know for sure if this is true for each region of the world. I thought I did see that on the FSDT web site. I did a test using the PMDG 737NGX. I went to the AES config and disabled the cargo doors and left rear door. There is a sequence of events to be followed by GSX to get a couple of things going. The first thing I did was open the cargo doors after I disabled them in AES. Only the rear cargo loader showed up to load the luggage. In the manual it states the loaders are according to Plane weight and passengers loaded. I only had 113 passengers loaded thru fspassengers so I only had one loader and one baggage truck with three cars. Not a big deal in my view. I did not try a heavy to see if there was a difference. The sequence of events are not hard to follow or understand just read the document and your fine. However I was not careful to make sure in the GSX menu to make sure all doors were closed. Once I took off I got the error message from the co-pilot we needed to land. All doors were closed upon inspection but in the GSX program it was not. This did create the problem within fspassengers. Knowing this you just need to be careful when using the GSX interface.

Is this a program for me? No. Only because it is almost 40 U.S.D. To pay that with AES showing it is updating and with a luggage car and loader is not worth it. With GSX you get free updates and GSX works with all airports once bought, however with AES updating is it worth it for you. AES can be used for both flight sims and GSX cannot. I might have to buy more credits for AES if I ever run out with I have left for new airports but I have peace of mind that it works for both my flight sims no matter where I put the new credits key. If GSX would work with all airports with moving jetways for default or payware with the updates at the price it is listed I would be all over it. The fact that it does not move the jetways is not a selling point for myself. I think for now I will stick with AES because I know AES is being updated with more features and I will wait until then. It will take more to just see luggage being loaded to spend alsmost 40 dollars. I will pass. I did fine so far without that feature so I will do fine now untill AES updates. I am sure AES is getting a ton of Ideas and request from people so let just wait and see.

Vincent

If FSDT was smart they would have make it for FS9 as well... I'm sure it can be done. I will never fly fsx. I hope that Oliver will make AES for XP10..

That will never happen. I think you will find over the next 12 months FS9 dev support will lessen considerably, as more people opt for more advanced addons like the up coming T7 from PMDG. Now that we know that Flight is a dead duck, a lot of people will move to FSX, which is the best sim to date. Reality i'm afraid.

• Upvote 2

That will never happen. I think you will find over the next 12 months FS9 dev support will lessen considerably, as more people opt for more advanced addons like the up coming T7 from PMDG. Now that we know that Flight is a dead duck, a lot of people will move to FSX, which is the best sim to date. Reality i'm afraid.

Nonsense.... There are lot of FS9 users out there. XP10 is the future, FSX is dying...basta !

Nonsense.... There are lot of FS9 users out there. FSX is dying...basta !

Lets leave this FSX is dying BS.. What is Basta mean, did you miss the rd on the end or did you spill a hot coffe on your lap!!

• Upvote 1

Lets leave this FSX is dying BS.. What is Basta mean, did you miss the rd on the end or did you spill a hot coffe on your lap!!

No, basta means "that's it" or final :-) :blowbubble_s:

and yes, let's stop this fight regarding FS9 vs. X :argue_s: