AES future?

With the arrive of new FsDreamteam product, very similar functionality to EAS but the capability of integrate on 3rd Party airports and free airports, and only a payment to integrate them. The AES purchase and market system can be seriously treated.

I open that post to discussion the future of AES, probable course of actions and improvements to maintain AES in the wave.

Some issues:

Improve better graphics.

Add functionality to manager air plane (fuel, passenger, cargo)

More airports options.

Changes on the activations system.

integration with some addons FsPassenger, FsCrew, others

I've tried GSX Demo at FSDT Chicago O'hare, and I found the following differences:

- All GSX animations are more smooth than the AES ones

- Baggage is handled (will also come later as a feature of AES)

- GSX Sounds are more realistic

- GSX Followme Service tool shows which gates are occupied by ai traffic

- GSX comes with differen textures for differen ground handlers

- AES vehicles have a lot more details modeled than GSX ones

- AES european vehicles are looking more realistic the the GSX ones

- AES vehicles have steering wheels - GSX ones doesn't

- AES Marshaller does a better job in guiding the aircraft on the taxiline

- GSX has no animated jetways, so you have to use FSX standard jetways - they don't look good and don't move realistic.

Conclusion:

In my opinion AES is still better than GSX, but it's very very expensive in comparison to GSX, especially if you have a lot of airports activated.

My suggestions:

AES has to get the following features soon:

- different textures for groundhandlers which are selectable by the user

- baggage handling with smooth animations an no loss of fps

- a tankering truck for airports without fuel pumping system (i don't know how it is called in english)

- maybe a little bit better prices, especially for costumers who have bought a lot of credit packs.

• Upvote 1

In my opinion AES is still better than GSX, but it's very very expensive in comparison to GSX, especially if you have a lot of airports activated

I think it is a very fair conclusion. People now are open to choose.

One more major advantage of AES: it works for FS9 too! ;)

Post Scriptum:

maybe a little bit better prices, especially for customers who have bought a lot of credit packs

I am sure none of us would mind that! :lol:

• Deputy Sheriffs
- GSX has no animated jetways, so you have to use FSX standard jetways - they don't look good and don't move realistic.

And this is among other reasons, why AES might seem to be more expensive: AES has to be customized for EVERY airport addon supported by AES. And that's a lot of work! It is a huge difference to develop something working for every airport and just replacing default stuff, or doing it individually for many various airports.

SO IMHO it is a decision to choose between some (very) nice eyecandy or realistic operation on individual airports.

The other thing AES should add is the ability to turn off some or all features on the fly so we can use both products together. I would assume Oliver is playing with GSX right now to figure this out.

To the OP - AES next generation is on its way. AES already has updated vehicles.

Well the main aspect for me is the price. For 30€ I get the whole world with GSX, or 2 credit packs for maybe 10 airports with AES, with the need to buy those airports first as an addon. Of course AES is more realistic especially when it comes to airport specific procedures like push-in at EDLW for example.. I'm eager to see what the future brings now.

Edit: After some testing with my FSDT airports I must say: Great product. But not finished in my eyes.. seems to be usual for many software products nowadays. What I really like against AES is moving wheels and turning nosewheel on pushback, the marshaller with more natural and in my eyes better visible gestures on taxi-in and the fact that service vehicles use vehicle paths of the airport (which I didn't expect, from the nature of the product, meaning specialized to the airport I would this expect from AES). All other things are to come within AES NG too I guess, but the pricing factor is a really major one. I spent 9 credit packs so far, which is 135€ (!) for a limited number of airports. With GSX you get the whole world, with nearly the same functionality.

I would really like to stay with AES, as I like the product as well as the really good support.. I'm eager to see what Oliver's answer is.