CRJ200 FMS

AlphaMike

Please advise when Aerosoft will make patch/version 1.42 available. I've spoken with the authors and this patch will fix some known issues that I am having difficulty with - notably crashes (CTD) with the use of specific VOR-DME.

I bought it on 31/01,and had problems with sid/star input to fmc witch leed to CTD every time. I read that this isue is resolved on ver.1.42 but when I log on to my account at Aerosoft I keep downloading previosu version of CJR 1.41 aldo it states that it is 1.42. When can I have my update??!

Regards,

e. I read that this isue is resolved on ver.1.42 but when I log on to my account at Aerosoft I keep downloading previosu version of CJR 1.41 aldo it states that it is 1.42.

I had 6this problem in my WEindows download too, but when I checked the multi OS, I finally got the 1.42 installer.

The issue is how do we get the 1.42 installer from aerosoft? At the moment there is no response to this forum nor my e-mail request for assistance.. Although you can buy the 1.42 from them as a new customer the 1.42 has not made it to the product support page yet.

Aerosoft please assist soonest.

Hello Folks,

Let me get this sorted seems the installers are not online.

[EDIT]Apparently there was a mistake with one of the files and it had to be taken offline, if you check mid-afternoon it should be online again.

Sadly it's not there just yet, but I do very much appreciate your help with this. Pretty please could you chase the team again as I very much would like to play with 1.42

Bye for now

Sadly it's not there just yet, but I do very much appreciate your help with this. Pretty please could you chase the team again as I very much would like to play with 1.42

Wait a moment, where are you looking for the Update? You won't find it with the support page, instead look into your shop account, order history and in your CRJ-200 Folder.

• Upvote 1

Success. Gosh KarstenS you are a star. the 1.42 update is accessible just as you describe. I have it downloading now.

Aerosoft please note that I found this procedure quite confusing and others may do so too.

Until KarstenS gave me a hint I was following the product support link on the home page that then takes you to the updates section that acknowledges the existence of the CRJ200 but that does not have a link to the update.

Preliminary experience with 1.42 shows it to be much less crashy. I have no FMS crashes so far. Once I've had a little play and tried some of the previously problematic VORDME I will report back.

Hey, I've discovered the FMS does work but, and this is a big but, only if you do exactly what you should. My experience is that wild clicking = crash.

Read the tutorial and follow it to the letter.

Hey, I've discovered the FMS does work but, and this is a big but, only if you do exactly what you should. My experience is that wild clicking = crash.

Exactly. One wrong click and the program dumps core.

It is nevertheless a good idea to read the manual and tutorial :)

No one doubts that, but in the beginning it can get pretty confusing with the manuals on the notebook and X-Plane on the desktop ;) .

I know, this kind of code is a pain in the ... . Simply look at the problem as enhanced realism. The real FMS MUST NOT crash at all, but your FMS has to cope with many more untrained pilots, or with pilots with other stuff in their mind, than a real FMS has to face in their lifetime.

• 1 month later...

Also looking fwd to 1.43, but am ever so careful entering data as any pilot ought to be (not considering real pax are in real danger of a real crash - not so on a desktop until the day our PC's will probably reach out and choke us ;-) )

Very nice aircraft regardless!