My Alternative to Aerosoft FBW V1.0 alpha1g - NEED FSUIPC

Joshua Che.

post-27228-0-12233200-1327927306_thumb.p

Introduction:

I have seen many people here due to nose drop or any other FBW problems, disable the FBW.

I have use xml to program a FBW code using PID and many others. I have inserted my own pause logic as well to work in tadem with Aerosoft code.

This FBW require FSUIPC.

This gauge is in no way related to aerosoft and its for your own personal use.

Upon the request of many people and support from the people who helped me like Gary from Project Airbus and FSDevelopers, I will release a incomplete version.

Its not the best rendition but I guess it is good enough for daily flying.

This is a complete new build.

New Features / Differences from v0.8

• Side stick now command GLoad
  • Side stick now command Roll rate.
  • Rudder Auto-coordination included.
  • Should elminate any autoland problem
  • Rudder is SO much better
  • PID controllers again to tune RAW joystick input sensitivity etc.
  • And many others that I forgot.

WARNINGS:

THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH MERGES!

BACKUP FIRST

FSX MUST BE CLOSED WHEN INSTALLING

REQUIREMENTS:

Joystick

REGISTERED FSUIPC for axis input.

(This can be done away if aerosoft provide a dll module like the FADEC (which I have no access to) for axis input.

Installation:

excl.gif THOSE WHO USED have ANY OLDER FBW VERSION MUST REINSTALL AIRBUS Xexcl.gif

Run the appropriate .exe patcher that will patch your files. There are four (one for now A320 only) patchers.

Recommend to install one patcher first and test out then apply all.

FSUIPC Required.

FSUIPC Config FIles:

LUA.zip

INSTRUCTIONS:

Extract the FSUIPC CONFIG FILES files in to FSXINSTALLDIRECTORY\Modules.

AirbusXInstallInstructions.pdf

Please feedback any praise or comments or criticism you have. Also, a little thanks post goes a long, long way.

LATEST VERSION: V1.0alpha1g

excl.gif THOSE WHO USED have ANY OLDER FBW than V1.0alphaf VERSION MUST REINSTALL AIRBUSX FIRSTexcl.gif

DOWNLOAD:

Direct from Aerosoft:

FBWCODEBETAv1.0alpha1g.zip

Mirror:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33517934/FBWCODEBETAv1.0alpha1g.zip

LUA Files:

LUA.zip

CHANGELOG:

V1.0 alpha 1a -

First Public Release

V1.0 alpha 1b -

Added A320 IAE

Changed the way raw joystick data is handled by FBW.

Joystick sensitivity changed.

Flare added.

Pitch and bank sensitivity addresed (More precise) .

V1.0 alpha1c -

Fixed compatibilty with More Callouts

Uninstaller bugs fixed and detect installation beter.

V1.0 alpha1d -

PItch Trim imporvements.

Added experimental A321 CFM.

Patches Woes fix attempt

Many more that I forgot.

V1.0 alpha1e -

Very beta stall protection

Added experimental A321 IAE.

PItch Trim Revisions.

V1.0 alpha1f -

Rewrite Trim and Pitch Commands

Smoother Pitch commands

V1.0 alpha1g -

Rewrote Roll command

Removed A321 IAE.

Fixed all patch issues.

Upcoming Versions (to be implemented)

- Stall Protection (Not alpha floor, but it is to keep the AoA from reaching stall)

- Overspeed Protection (Need to research)

- Any other sugestions for FBW only?

LEGAL STUFF

This mod is released as FREEWARE. You may use and modify it in any way you wish, but

you may NOT use it in any kind of money-making endeavor, and you may NOT publicly

distribute any copies of it , whether modified or not, without my permission.

Regards,

Joshua Che

aerosoft.airbus.x.fbw.code.patcher-patchv1.0alpha1aA320CFM.zip

FBWCODEBETAv1.0alpha1c.zip

FBWCODEBETAv1.0alpha1d.zip

FBWCODEBETAv1.0alpha1e.zip

FBWCODEBETAv1.0alpha1f.zip

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Joshua. Thank you for the work you are doing to make this plane better.

I've tryed to apply the last patch (alpha1c) It find the right path to the filel panel.cfg but cannot see it. The patcher-patch alpha1a can find the panel.cfg and work through. Have you an idea?

Sean

Edit:

I've found out that the path suggested by the patcher was wrong. Instead of E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems was E:\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\Panel

Hi Joshua. Thank you for the work you are doing to make this plane better. I've tryed to apply the last patch (alpha1c) It find the right path to the filel panel.cfg but cannot see it. The patcher-patch alpha1a can find the panel.cfg and work through. Have you an idea? Sean Edit: I've found out that the path suggested by the patcher was wrong. Instead of E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems was E:\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\Panel

OK I found the problem and fix it will upload it today!

Still the same problem here Joshua.Please check that out. Thanks for all your work

Would you do me a favour by copying the Log onto the clipboard and the paste it here. Thanks!

EDIT: Try alpha1d first. Thanks!

Would you do me a favour by copying the Log onto the clipboard and the paste it here. Thanks!

EDIT: Try alpha1d first. Thanks!

Hi josh alpha1d is working perfectly.Thanks a lot.

Guest cptawsom

You haven't described what is different from 0.8f2, so that we know whether to try this out or not.

PID and many others.

AND

This is a complete new build.

As with new things, it is more precise and accurately simulating the FBW. New stuff include

• Side stick now command GLoad
  • Side stick now command Roll rate.
  • Rudder Auto-coordination included.
  • Should elminate any autoland problem
  • Rudder is SO much better
  • PID controllers again to tune RAW joystick input sensitivity etc.
  • And many others that I forgot.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Joshua,

I used your old Version 0.82 and I´m a big fan of it. Now I want to try the new one. But I only have the unregisterd version of FSUPC. It was impossible to install. :-( Could you change this in further versions or was it my mistake.

HI Joshua, I used your old Version 0.82 and I´m a big fan of it. Now I want to try the new one. But I only have the unregisterd version of FSUPC. It was impossible to install. :-( Could you change this in further versions or was it my mistake.

The FBW requires Registered FSUIPC for axis input from your joystick. Without it, the FBW cant recieve your inputs. I really do not have the time now at this cruical year to do a module that can replace FSUIPC purpose. i think that you should uninstall this and revert back to FBW v0.8f2. Thanks alot for your interest.

Joshua ,thanks for your work. I try it. A little better.

But for my opinion still slow joystick feedback control.

I used combine with FSUIPC.

Joshua ,thanks for your work. I try it. A little better. But for my opinion still slow joystick feedback control. I used combine with FSUIPC.

In FSUIPC, try lowering your delta to 1 and see if there is any improvements. You may also want to calibrate your joystick. Also, Real World Airbus FBW do not actuate the flight controls like what you would expect in 737. if you want something not as realistic but more sensitive then use v0.8f2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I decided to try this mod also, but I get ''flickering'' on F/CTL pages for ailerons and elevator when I do the control check, then I can not control the plane.. ailerons and elevators are always oscillating and try to get back in their 0 position.

Any idea of what could be the problem? I did like pdf tutorial says (or maybe I missed something...)

(one mention, I don't have pedals for rudder, so I don't use/need rudder axis configured for now, eventually I use keyboard)

Axis are recognized when I am in FSUIPC.

I decided to try this mod also, but I get ''flickering'' on F/CTL pages for ailerons and elevator when I do the control check, then I can not control the plane.. ailerons and elevators are always oscillating and try to get back in their 0 position.

Any idea of what could be the problem? I did like pdf tutorial says (or maybe I missed something...)

(one mention, I don't have pedals for rudder, so I don't use/need rudder axis configured for now, eventually I use keyboard)

Axis are recognized when I am in FSUIPC.

Type this into your windows explorer %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\controls. Zip or paste the standard.xml here. Double check your axis assignment is not assigned in FSX controls (NOT FSUIPC) .

I will do this in the afternoon, post it here, because I still didn't manage to get it right.

Last evening I managed to get the elevators running but whatever I do, ailerons don't move.

One question, calibration of the flight controls (elevators, ailerons) should be done also in FSUIPC? If yes, to get a better feel of the controls, there are some recommendations?

I attached the Standard.xml. Hopefully will help.

Thanks!

Edit: elevators work fine, I used LUA file from this forum for throttle, it works also fine, only ailerons not.

I changed Lua FBWROLL with Axis Ailerons Set from FSUIPC and they work but try always to go back to normal position, so I suppose somewhere ailerons are still configured even if joystick is disabled in FSX config.

I attached the Standard.xml. Hopefully will help. Thanks! Edit: elevators work fine, I used LUA file from this forum for throttle, it works also fine, only ailerons not. I changed Lua FBWROLL with Axis Ailerons Set from FSUIPC and they work but try always to go back to normal position, so I suppose somewhere ailerons are still configured even if joystick is disabled in FSX config.

If you use FSUIPC calibration, I think it will directly bypass my FBW and hence flutter (my FBW command 0 because no input but FSUIPC command lets say 45 percent and so forth)

Your FSX assignment seems fine. Strange...

Screenshot your FSUIPC assignment for each Lua FBWROLL Lua FBWELEV Lua FBWRUD

Now with version V1.0 alpha1g everything works fine up to now, more testing in progress, many thanks for support Joshua.

Hi Joshua,

Nice work, I appreciate all your effort into improving the Airbus X however it does not work very well for me. I am using the Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke and Throttle and it worked flawlessly the first time, except for the throttle axis. The reverse levers engaged when I advanced the throttles or the throttles wouldn't move smoothly until they were past the CL detent. I tried FInn's throttle setup as per his thread then more issues arose. It is too bad that it does not work for me, perhaps that is why you wrote that a joystick is required. I still have my HOTAS Cougar and may have to bring that out of retirement.

Again, thanks for all your hard work.

Robert

I keep the throttles on FS settings because scripts from Finn doesn't work ok for me also (in fact I used reversers with F2 and Idle, CL and so on from the LUA scripts) and at landing, when I am doing Retard, A/THR is not disconnected.

If reverse is engaged at advancing the throttles, you need to reverse the axis. Or you can try to do settings to use FSUIPC calibration instead of FS.

Hi Joshua,

Nice work, I appreciate all your effort into improving the Airbus X however it does not work very well for me. I am using the Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke and Throttle and it worked flawlessly the first time, except for the throttle axis. The reverse levers engaged when I advanced the throttles or the throttles wouldn't move smoothly until they were past the CL detent. I tried FInn's throttle setup as per his thread then more issues arose. It is too bad that it does not work for me, perhaps that is why you wrote that a joystick is required. I still have my HOTAS Cougar and may have to bring that out of retirement.

Again, thanks for all your hard work.

Robert

The throttle issue is not related to my FBW at all. Nevertheless, if you need help, Drop me a PM!