Hi,

We bought your software Discus GliderX to set up a training simulator for

our gliding club (ASVV).

After installation we have the following problem :

- the display of the panel is very large even after maximum de-zoom (see

picture below)

- It would be more suitable to be able to display the yawstring in a

fixed main view (5760x1080) and a fixed panel (altimeter + variometer+

airspeed) in the small 10,4" TV screen in front of the pilot.

Is it possible to get this features ?

sim.jpg

Thank you for helpingRegards

PS: FSX parameters attached as pdf

Nice simulator! :-)

It is not possible. The gauges are all 3d modeled. Even the Yawstring. So basicly that would mean buildung up a new 3d model. However there are some freeware gliders, that contain gauges, similar to the Discus ones. You could load down such a glider and use the gauges from this one. The missing thing would be the C4.

The other option s, to make a new view in the panel.cfg and put it exactly on the panel, and move the main view, to only see the yawstring.

This would help.

Cheers, Joachim

Thanks Joachim

I already tried to add a new view and put it in the panel TV but this view is not fixed and moves up and down as the glider moves.

Do you know someone in France that can help even for money on this issue ?

• Aerosoft

Thanks Joachim

I already tried to add a new view and put it in the panel TV but this view is not fixed and moves up and down as the glider moves.

Do you know someone in France that can help even for money on this issue ?

You mean it moves as the aircraft encounters G force?

If so try setting MomentumEffect = Yes in the view definition to 'No'.

Already set to NO

Does someone knows a free or paid FS-glider with 2D panel and yawstring that I would be able to use in place of DiscusX ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I try to explain.

In normal flight situation you see this which is OK except that I have to drag the panel each time I start FSX :-(

p1100266.jpg

When you push on the stick (diving) you get this; the panel is coming down and some instruments disappeared :

p1100267.jpg?w=640

On the opposite (climbing) when you pull the stick :

p1100268.jpg?w=640

What I would like to get is what I saw for FS airplanes where instruments are separate from the panel view and put in a different screen.

Regarding the link to fsglider.de, I already knew this site and had some exchange with Wolfgang Piper.

He helped me to display the yawstring (for ASK21) on the fixed panoramic view but was enable to find a solution to display the panel alone in a separate screen.

May be someone can help for this.

Hope is a human fealing.

Regards

Thanks for helping

The trick was only part of the solution.

The solution is to change :

- the value of MaxHeadAngle to zero in the [DynamicHeadMovement] paragraph of the fsx.cfg file

- the value of "MomentumEffect" to No in Cameras.cfg, in Username>AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>FSX folder and

in Cameras.cfg in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder and in the aircraft folder

Now the panel is fixed BUT BUT BUT ... each time I start (even if I have saved the flight and the parameters) I do not get the situation as it was when I stopped. The panel view appear in the 3 screens view on top of the panoramic view, and I have to resize it and to drag it in the small screen to start flying.

Is there a solution to save the display and to get it as it was saved each time I restart ?

Thanks

Now the panel is fixed BUT BUT BUT ... each time I start (even if I have saved the flight and the parameters) I do not get the situation as it was when I stopped. The panel view appear in the 3 screens view on top of the panoramic view, and I have to resize it and to drag it in the small screen to start flying.

Is there a solution to save the display and to get it as it was saved each time I restart ?

Thanks

I remember vaguely an add-on tool which does this job, but no idea anymore on it's name or source. Still you may design your own 2D-panel for the Discus and detach it from the 3D window. It will be remembered by the FLT-file (don't know if you can still have the C4). And it won't move, definitely.