Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

Amazing. There seems to be no limits to what a Twin Otter can be equipped with.

Nice video btw.

Thanks, did you see the engine start video that you requested I shoot?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well sir Mr. Kok, the WinAir Twin Otters have GPWS ;)

I Shot this in March 2012

Nice video. Thanks.

I love the current Twin Otter, but I'm really looking forward to the new one. ;)

Great screenshots there, Mathijs!

The developer did a great work. When you announced there'll be a new Twotter, I though I won't buy it. But after seeing this pictures... :D

HOLY MOLY!!! AWESOME PROGRESS!!! The prop spinning textures are BANG ON! WOW! Question: I see that that is for a 4 blade prop. Is Aerosoft gonna do a separate 3 blade prop spinning texture for the 3 blade version or just use the 4 blade texture on all models?

Credit card gonna be working overtime this summer... :excellenttext_s:

HOLY MOLY!!! AWESOME PROGRESS!!! The prop spinning textures are BANG ON! WOW! Question: I see that that is for a 4 blade prop. Is Aerosoft gonna do a separate 3 blade prop spinning texture for the 3 blade version or just use the 4 blade texture on all models?

They sure are, its in one of Mathijs' posts in this thread somewhere.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I see that that is for a 4 blade prop. Is Aerosoft gonna do a separate 3 blade prop spinning texture for the 3 blade version or just use the 4 blade texture on all models?

See post #280:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/52170-twin-otter-x-extended/page__st__240#entry386281

I can't believe how much better this version looks!! I for one love the original Twotter and it just shows how far our hobby continues to progress.

The close up of the underside of the wind looks outstanding. I dont think Ive seen any addon with that kind of rivet detail on the wings

One wing underside alone contains around 9000 rivets...the fuselage and engine not have the total riveting yet they will receive in the final version as i switched to VC modeling now, so the system guys can do their job when i parallely work on the rest of the exterior and the further variants.

Not what I meant. I know they're doing multiple versions of the plane. I wanted to know if they're going to use the 4 blade version's prop spinning texture on the 3 blade version or will the 3 blade have it's own? Kinda like the Majestic Software Dash 8 Q300. The prop spinner texture only simulates TWO blades spinning when we know the Dash has 4 blade props. That still bugs me to this day so I was just wondering if the Twotter was gonna be the same way, a 4 blade prop spin texture where a 3 blade should be. :)

As I read there would be no discount for owners of the previous model, I decided not to buy the new twotter. Now that I see these impressive pictures, I'm going to think about reconsidering my decision.

One wing underside alone contains around 9000 rivets...the fuselage and engine not have the total riveting yet they will receive in the final version as i switched to VC modeling now, so the system guys can do their job when i parallely work on the rest of the exterior and the further variants.

Stefan, quite simply outstanding work! The engines on the old model kind of bugged me, I look forward to seeing them after your magic touch.

You know... this Twotter is quite possibly going to be THE model to get me back in to flight simulation - and even back in to do some painting again. Especially if the paintkit lives up to the same apparent high standards that are shown by the model.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Talking about Twotters (and Beavers), I just found back this joke in a very old forum thread, full credits go to 'altstiff':

A guy named Joe and his sister go to the harness races one sunny afternoon to race an old trotting horse they have in hopes they can sell him.

While there he notices a guy with a sign "white beaver for sale". So the guy tells his sister he would like to see one.

Joe walks over and says "hello sir what is a white beaver"? The man replies "they are just that, a white haired beaver". "Can I see one?" Joe says. The man replies "Well it belongs to my wife and you can't look unless you seriously intend to buy". So Joe says, "I'll tell you what, you let me see your wifes beaver and I'll get my sister to show you her twotter later.......

http://forum.aerosof...ogs/#entry32558

For non native-English-speaking readers:

http://ceredrotian.c...ing-and-pacing/

http://www.urbandict...php?term=beaver

http://www.urbandict...hp?term=twotter

Hey Paul, I think this new Twotter could be one of the few things that fits the "A" word :lol:

No...it wont. Its a very good model of an aircraft for use in a home flight simulator. Its not the cure for cancer or proof alien life exists, or even the Second Coming. ;)

We gonna use that special german twotter as testbed, as we had access to it. After the cockpit is done too, there will be the correct props on the planes, so also 3 blade props...and what many demanded...airstairs!

One example for that would be the british airways variant, how we find it at that lovely Bara beach airfield. I hope i spelled it correctly...but twotter fans will know what i mean: takeoff from the narrow shore waters when the tides

are coming back

We gonna use that special german twotter as testbed, as we had access to it. After the cockpit is done too, there will be the correct props on the planes, so also 3 blade props...and what many demanded...airstairs!

One example for that would be the british airways variant, how we find it at that lovely Bara beach airfield. I hope i spelled it correctly...but twotter fans will know what i mean: takeoff from the narrow shore waters when the tides

are coming back

Kool Stefan. Thanks.

are coming back

Bara...Barra...close enough, Stefan. ;)

Here's the runway...

BarraTwotter.jpg

Archived