Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

because that is the only thing most flight sim liveries do not show and t whant this aircraft to show that + have it molded separately from the rest of the aircraft and install it just in the exact spot it is on the real aircraft.

chadhittenberger

Chad, you are making a lot of posts on our forums but the requests you make are so unique and so clearly impossible. In this case you have to understand there is a limit to the detail a texture can show. On a smallish aircraft like the Twin Otter a single pixel is something like 25 mm by 25 mm. That tiny little id plate would be a few pixels and nobody would ever see it. The fact you want it does not mean it makes any sense.

I suggest kindly that you simply enjoy what we create and not wish for things that are just not feasible or logical. We have been doing this is a few decades and all that is possible we will include.

i am very happy with what i see and did not reaize that msfsx could not be vertual reality real . on a side note a vertual realaity flight simulator engine would be very cool. matajis do you think the aerosoft team could come up with somthinng like that in the future?

chadhittenberger

ps i can not weight for the twinotter ext.

There should be room for everyone in here, just don´t expect us to react on everything.

If it´s to weird to grasp whats requested, I rather opt to remain silent.

Finn

Hi Chaps!

I am a newbie on this forum. I have regularly flown the present Twin Otter, as it's my dream plane. The plane for exotic destinations like Lukla or St Barth. I am presently in the process of a long haul transit. My airline in Western Indies bought one in Europe, and I am tranferring it to St Marteen! Start in the south western part of France, then Jersey, Scotland, Feroe Islands, Island, Greenland, Nunavuk, Quebec and the US. My next leg is to Nassau.

Therefore, my question.

First, I have seen on the pics that there is now a radio switch on the panel. To alternate between com1 & com2. More convenient than the keyboard. Great improvement !

Second, I wonder if with the plane documentation there will be some performance charts which are really lacking in the present edition.

Thank you again, and the pics look wonderful!

Panxua

Second, I wonder if with the plane documentation there will be some performance charts which are really lacking in the present edition.

Thank you again, and the pics look wonderful!

Panxua

Yes that would great. For myself, since I use FSPassengers, I really could benefit from seeing a weight and balance with max load limits for the cargo areas.

I gotta admit that i've never been into bush flying, but more the steeltube flying guy... But this twotter will definately be my first jump into the more low and slow business. Question though: 1. will you provide any performance charts or data?

2. Will there be a load manager / fuelplanner, if not included in the above?

Love your work!

Mas

• Aerosoft

I gotta admit that i've never been into bush flying, but more the steeltube flying guy... But this twotter will definately be my first jump into the more low and slow business. Question though: 1. will you provide any performance charts or data?

2. Will there be a load manager / fuelplanner, if not included in the above?

Love your work!

Mas

Yes and Yes

The texture WIP previews look nice! I see the stock GPS500 in the avionics stack. Would you consider an option for the Reality XP GNS530W with 3d knobs? If not a 2D place in the VC would work.

The texture WIP previews look nice! I see the stock GPS500 in the avionics stack. Would you consider an option for the Reality XP GNS530W with 3d knobs? If not a 2D place in the VC would work.

Sounds like it's being considered. See some of the early posts in this forum.

The texture WIP previews look nice! I see the stock GPS500 in the avionics stack.

If, by saying "stock" GPS500, you mean the one that comes with FSX, then I don't think it is. This one has the Com and Nav frequencies showing on the left side of the GPS main screen. The FSX GPS500 doesn't have that. :huh:

The GPS shown on the screenshots is a modified version of the stock FSX GPS500.

We find that adding the Com/Nav radio 1 to the GPS would safe us some space for some other avionics equipment.

I still think that we will do a RXP GNS530 version, but since we haven´t be able to get in contact for support from RXP, I wonlt promise that there will be 3D knobs.

Finn

Some new images, the fact we are now using 2k textures means that for some parts we can do really better textures (not for all as it is above anything intended to get better performance). Look at the roof lining.

Wow, awesome detail and that crispness.

Simply stunning!

Now thats what Im talking about. That quilting on the ceiling looks so real. Im really liking the look of the com stack and the glass on the gauges seems to have a really nice sheen to them. I want!

The GPS shown on the screenshots is a modified version of the stock FSX GPS500.

We find that adding the Com/Nav radio 1 to the GPS would safe us some space for some other avionics equipment.

I still think that we will do a RXP GNS530 version, but since we haven´t be able to get in contact for support from RXP, I wonlt promise that there will be 3D knobs.

Finn

Finn, If I remember right, the talk was initially that the 430 would be a better fit in the panel. Obviously, per the new screens, a 530 will fit just fine. Are you still looking at options for the 430, or are we just looking at a 530 at this point? Not trying to ignite any arguments on the forums about which should be supported....I'll be purchasing the product regardless. I might have to save up for the 530 as well though if that's going to be the only one on offer.

Archived