Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screenshots say it all.

That is not fair!

I have to sit here in the office after being stuck in a traffic jam for hours this morning because of heavy snow here in Frankfurt.

And then I see your post with these screenshots with the new Twin Otter under palm trees…

That is teasing the customers!

• Aerosoft

No problem Mathijs !

I said I can make them how you want, give me a max poly count and I'll build them accordingly. If you need them quick, I can work hard and give them to you next week.

Please let me know

We have already done the props Hueyman. But thanks for the kind offer.

Mathajs what other liveries will come with the twin otter extended ?

hears my favorites list

#1 TMA or trans Maldavian airways livery for the float plane version.

#2 Tara air livery

#3 Air Seychelles

#4 Air Tindi on wheels and floats

chad hittenberger

Finn, Stefan, Mathijs & rest of the guys involved in Twin Otter Extended. Been following the development of this aircraft since announced. I've got the old one & i am looking forward to this release. Should be great.

Just chipping in with some support. Keep up the good work fellas! : )

Sorry to get off topic but I can't help but notice that it seems to be permissible for other people to ask about repaints and request their favorite liveries but when Chad does it someone immediately cries afoul and his post gets voted down. I've been put off as much as anyone by some of his posts from a few months ago but I think he has learned since then and has kept the ridiculous requests to a minimum since. Now it just seems as though it's a race to see who can snap at him first when ever a post appears from him regardless of the content. How about we back off of him so long as he is making relevant posts.

Again, sorry to go off subject, but I don't think Chad bashing should be accepted as the new fashion. Carry on...

Mathajs what other liveries will come with the twin otter extended ?

hears my favorites list

#1 TMA or trans Maldavian airways livery for the float plane version.

#2 Tara air livery

#3 Air Seychelles

#4 Air Tindi on wheels and floats

chad hittenberger

I agree on the first request. It will for sure be nice to have the Maldivian ones. And actually I'm quite sure that this one will be done. It was on the previous Twin Otter and will for sure again be for the new one :)

In case it's not in the initial release you can propably ask Holgi if he's going to do it.

Good day. I had the fortunate opportunity in the late 70's to fly as a dockhand / copilot in twinotters on floats in northern Canada. It was an exilerating experience for the short time it lasted. If my memory serves me correctly, the twinotter has a heavy elevator and unless the control lock were in place, the elevator postion was full down refected. Will this new aircraft simulate this feature? I wait with eager anticipation for the release of this version.

Regards, Rob Johnston

Good day. I had the fortunate opportunity in the late 70's to fly as a dockhand / copilot in twinotters on floats in northern Canada. It was an exilerating experience for the short time it lasted. If my memory serves me correctly, the twinotter has a heavy elevator and unless the control lock were in place, the elevator postion was full down refected. Will this new aircraft simulate this feature? I wait with eager anticipation for the release of this version.

Regards, Rob Johnston

It is said this feature will most likley be installed when the control locks are in place. We all will have to wait and see!!

Regards Keith

i have went on a flight in a beaver with Kenmore air on Seattle it was so cool we went wright over bill gates house and the homes of some other very rich people . i wish you could ride in the cockpit of the twin otter with out being a certified air line transport pilot or atp that would bee so cool.

Since 9-11-2001 that has been banned due to fear of hijacking and terrorism. We need to get that changed. The left seat in the cockpit of any plane is the best seat in the house. airlines could make loads of money selling that seat to customers. This might sound nuts but in theory it would be a great idea. All that would have to be done is the aircraft be certified as a single pilot aircraft and then take out the duel or second control yoke and rudder peddles I understand that is harder to do then it sounds.

regards

Chad Hittenberger

sorry to get off topic. some times its just hard not to ask questions. some times things get a little confusing on these forms. that makes me feel like i need to through something out there to get every one on topic again. some times it is hard to wright my thoughts down. that is one of the reasons i just ask a question. i Will try to stay on the topic from now on and ask less questions.

chad hittenberger

We are happy to annouce that we have just started work on a new Twin Otter project to replace the best seller Twin Otter product that is not a few years old. It still sells well and we understand why, it's still a very solid add-on. But it is getting outdated rather fast. The new project will be much more in the line of the Bronco. So with high details in most systems and some maintenance aspects.

Next week we will do the photoshoot and measurements at our newest best friends at Businesswings located in Kassel.

Now clearly we got nothing to show but if you have suggestions, comments, let me hear them! Note that the 'Twin Otter Extended' is t he project name, we might select another name.

Would like to see better autopilot and avionics and perhaps more detailed sharper VC textures

Would like to see better autopilot and avionics and perhaps more detailed sharper VC textures

Clearly you didn't bother reading the pages that preceded your post.

I´m not really sure that I understand what You ask for...

Better autopilot - how ?

Better Avionics - What should be better ?

Sharper VC textures - all labels and placards can easily be read and I doubt You will find many aqddons with better textured VC.

Finn

I´m not really sure that I understand what You ask for...

Better autopilot - how ?

Better Avionics - What should be better ?

Sharper VC textures - all labels and placards can easily be read and I doubt You will find many aqddons with better textured VC.

Finn

Indeed! This VC is off the charts! Pay this dude no mind, Finn. Y'all just keep working on that vision of aircraft loveliness. I've got a question for the modeller Stefan, though. I'm wondering if you're going to use the same prop for the 3 bladed variant. It's a known fact that the prop blades on the 3 bladed aircraft are longer than the 4 bladed ones, giving it a prop diameter of 8 feet, 6 inches. The 4 bladers I believe are 8ft even. Will this be simulated in the Extended? It would be cool to get it as close to the real aircraft as possible, no? I'm a noob at making sound files but I'm going to try. I've got access to 5 Twotters including one 4 blader and I've got an HD sound recorder. I've been given permission by the chief pilot and director of maintenance to hang around the hangar during the end-of-day checks and run ups to record interior and exterior sounds. I'm seriously going to try to make a Twin Otter sound set.....at least the 3 bladed one. There's no good accurate ones out there. For me, it's all about the immersion. If anyone's got any advice as to how I go about putting a sound set together, feel free to let me know, programs to use, tutorials etc. Thanks!

Cheers.

Cheers.

Indeed! This VC is off the charts! Pay this dude no mind, Finn. Y'all just keep working on that vision of aircraft loveliness. I've got a question for the modeller Stefan, though. I'm wondering if you're going to use the same prop for the 3 bladed variant. It's a known fact that the prop blades on the 3 bladed aircraft are longer than the 4 bladed ones, giving it a prop diameter of 8 feet, 6 inches. The 4 bladers I believe are 8ft even. Will this be simulated in the Extended? It would be cool to get it as close to the real aircraft as possible, no? I'm a noob at making sound files but I'm going to try. I've got access to 5 Twotters including one 4 blader and I've got an HD sound recorder. I've been given permission by the chief pilot and director of maintenance to hang around the hangar during the end-of-day checks and run ups to record interior and exterior sounds. I'm seriously going to try to make a Twin Otter sound set.....at least the 3 bladed one. There's no good accurate ones out there. For me, it's all about the immersion. If anyone's got any advice as to how I go about putting a sound set together, feel free to let me know, programs to use, tutorials etc. Thanks!

Cheers.

Cheers.

Hi Aeromaestro!

I intend to model anything as correct as possible, so also the prop blades.

A few question here:

-Will it be compatible with windows 7?(what will be the minimum pc specifications?)

-Expected release date or is it to early?

I'm assuming you meant to type Windows 8? ;)

A few question here:

-Will it be compatible with windows 7?(what will be the minimum pc specifications?)

-Expected release date or is it to early?

Kyle has addressed the Windows 7/8 question. As to the release date, it will (coincidentally) fall on the same day as it becomes available for sale to the public. Likely no earlier, and certainly no later. If you check through this thread, you'll see the question has been asked many, many, many (many, many....) times. Like all developers, they don't give a date because they simply don't know. It depends on what problems they run into during development. Interestingly, real aircraft manufacturers (like Boeing, Bombardier, Aerospatiale, etc., etc.) do give "expected release dates" (and Aerosoft have hinted in a few places), but rarely meet the actual target dates (sometimes they can be off by years). So I think the best thing to do is simply to monitor Aerosoft's site. If you do that diligently, you'll know at the same time the rest of us do exactly when the release date is, because you'll see a price and "Available now" (or similar) message next to it. Hope that helps :)

Archived