Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Very nice, thank you! I dream at the sight of this machine from the Maldives ... my coolest holidays!

Very excited about this new development, I am pretty sure it will be a hot seller! I am a current Twin Otter X user and at least on my part in addition to what I experience now with this, this will be what I would want to see in the new Twotter to make it appealing:

- An accurate VOR CDI

- Readable instruments

- Ability to hide the yokes in the VC so that one can see or operate things obscured by it

- IFR material, I use the Twin Otter X extensively for IFR training on my PC

- A 400 variant

- Animation on all doors not just pilot and boarding

- A Vista Liner variant (has larger, squared windows for sightseeing)

- A random failure system

In terms of livery my favourite is Nature Air

i the previous pictures it looks like they have a long nose on the aircraft that you are modling so i assumed that it was the -200 or 300

please do those modles to mathis. it looks like the plane that youare modling has pt6-35 787eshp and 750 shp engines on it with 4 bladde propellers please get the empty weight corect tthink its 5850 pounds with an max grose weight of 10600 with 4550 payload capasity. please simulate the hp of the aircraft as best as you can. the starting of the engines needs to be 100 percent realistic in sound and animation / ignition timing as well.

Great work,plus I'd like to know the progress of the Pilatus Porter Marcel Felde,you could give me news?Thank you Nicola

Well considering this is the Twin Otter thread then maybe we should stick to questions regarding this and not other projects.

• Deputy Sheriffs

nikoporter, on 09 March 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Great work,plus I'd like to know the progress of the Pilatus Porter Marcel Felde,you could give me news?Thank you Nicola

Well considering this is the Twin Otter thread then maybe we should stick to questions regarding this and not other projects.

Maybe the correct place to ask is this thread:

http://forum.aerosof...5239-whats-next

Some more images before the development team leaves for the X-Plane conference at Mallorca.

This going to be an X-Plane 10 product as well ? Correct me if im wrong....

This going to be an X-Plane 10 product as well ? Correct me if im wrong....

Your question is wrong. It should be "This going to be an FSX product as well ?" because as far as I know this going to be only X-Plane 10 product.

Your question is wrong. It should be "This going to be an FSX product as well ?" because as far as I know this going to be only X-Plane 10 product.

Where did you read this information? According to Mathijs it will most likely be for all platforms. If you read the first post, one could assume since he said it was replacing the old one that it would at least be for FSX.

Where did you read this information? According to Mathijs it will most likely be for all platforms. If you read the first post, one could assume since he said it was replacing the old one that it would at least be for FSX.

You right, I guess I was thinking about new ATR..sorry

So what would be the sales pitch? I mean, for what I see it isn't going to have a Vista Liner version, nor a -400 model, the panel would still be analog? what would be THE set of features that would make any current Twotter X owner say "I need this one too" ?

So what would be the sales pitch? I mean, for what I see it isn't going to have a Vista Liner version, nor a -400 model, the panel would still be analog? what would be THE set of features that would make any current Twotter X owner say "I need this one too" ?

The modelling and texturing will be in a whole new league. Also systems will become more realistic.

It´s no secret that the current Twin Otter is an aging woman that not quite is state of the art concerning quality.

Doing the -400 would mean ALOT of additional work increasing the salesprice to where no one will buy it. The Virtual cockpit is the singlemost complex part to do on an aircraft addon. Doing both the -100 / -300 and -400 models would mean almost two seperate projects.

So what You will get thats not featured by the current Twin Otter:

-New external and internal models with more accurate proportions (we got very good reference stuff).

-Modelling and texturing that will be up to if not exceeding current state of the art.

-Flight dynamics done by our FM guru John Cagle (Catalina, GliderX, Dimona, Bronco etc..)

-Deeper systems simulation for electrical, hydraulical and fuel systems etc.

-True 3D gauges.

-Floatplanes will have propeller startlatches will be added, eliminating the "surge" forward when starting the engines.

-A few other surprices that needs some testing before putting them on the featurelist.

It will NOT be an upgrade of the current twin Otter X, but an entire new project.

Finn

• Deputy Sheriffs

-Floatplanes will have propeller startlatches will be added, eliminating the "surge" forward when starting the engines.

Finn,

This alone will make the new version worth it's money!

But the wheel/ski versions will not have these startlatches?

Finn,

This alone will make the new version worth it's money!

But the wheel/ski versions will not have these startlatches?

Yes - I have not looked deeper into the Ski version yet, but if they have in real life - we will add them.

Finn

saw many otters at tncm, tffj last week. looking forward to this release. option for rxp gnd530 like the katana would be my request.

Archived